Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: My coming out of the closet issues.  (Read 29119 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: My coming out of the closet issues.
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2012, 02:19:44 am »

Oh, how about itching powder?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2012, 02:20:50 am »

xD

Ya'll are overthinking this. If they don't want to confront me, then I won't try to push the issue. I'll just keep putting up my posters until they run out of patience. /shrug

I've been thinking of sitting my parents down to another Serious Mode talk, but we'll see if I can build up the courage to actually do that...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2012, 02:21:30 am »

Good luck, whatever you decide to do, then.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2012, 02:08:40 pm »

Of course, where bisexuality fits into all this is a mystery. I have a very different type of physical attraction between men and women (though in the end they both just result in boners :) ).
That just made my day.
Practically speaking I dunno what causes same sex attraction and I don't really care. That knowledge is a novelty at best. If it's choice, if it's genetic, if it's whatever, doesn't change whether it's good or bad.
Yeah, I think you're completely right about that.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2012, 03:48:00 pm »

Well talked to my father today and we narrowed down who was stealing my posters to one guy. I'm not going to confront the guy if he won't confront me (he's the one with the problem).

Also, amusingly, over the past week and a half only one customer has commented on it, and in my father's words, "she's crazy. You don't want to talk to her." I'm assuming hardcore homophobic but he didn't quite say that.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2012, 03:49:27 pm »

Well talked to my father today and we narrowed down who was stealing my posters to one guy. I'm not going to confront the guy if he won't confront me (he's the one with the problem).

Also, amusingly, over the past week and a half only one customer has commented on it, and in my father's words, "she's crazy. You don't want to talk to her." I'm assuming hardcore homophobic but he didn't quite say that.
Looks like he's coming around, helping you with figuring out who's doing it and all that. That's great.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2012, 04:28:49 pm »

Bah. I would lie in ambush with a zweihander until he passed, at which point I'd leap out and while my blade fell towards his head I'd shout "SMITE EVIL!".

Of course, you might face considerable legal trouble unless the sword is made out of nerf foam.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

That could probably still be considered assault.  :)  Come to think of it, I bet you don't even have to hit someone for it to be considered assault in some capacity.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2012, 04:45:17 pm »

Assault = threatening.
Battery = hitting.

Hitting with a foam sword would be considered both :P But would probably be thrown out of court.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2012, 04:54:23 pm »

I think you're handling it very well so far, including your approach to the poster thing, and it really feels like your parents are coming around.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2012, 05:08:15 pm »

I don't think it would even make it to court. Assault and Battery both require a legitimate threat, which a foam sword is not. Depending upon how you interpret it, a legitimate threat which would otherwise count as assault could even by neutralized by proceeding to hit them with a foam sword, as your non-legitimate battery makes the case that your legitimate assault was actually fallacious in the first place.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2012, 06:27:22 pm »

Bah. I would lie in ambush with a zweihander until he passed, at which point I'd leap out and while my blade fell towards his head I'd shout "SMITE EVIL!".

Of course, you might face considerable legal trouble unless the sword is made out of nerf foam.
well if you use smite evil you can do considerable damage to homophobes even with just a foam sword

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2012, 06:49:42 pm »

Hitting with a foam sword would be considered both :P But would probably be thrown out of court.
It's not the type of sword, it's how you use it.  :D

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2012, 06:52:04 pm »

well if you use smite evil you can do considerable damage to homophobes even with just a foam sword
It's not the type of sword, it's how you use it.  :D

I love you guys :D

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:19 am »

I'm pretty sure charging with your foam sword held high is sexual assault as well.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12