Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - Teamspeak  (Read 18863 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - Teamspeak
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2012, 08:39:02 am »

Indeed...

It would be awesome to see someone collect images of all the weapons for the helpdocs, or illustrations for the monsters.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2012, 04:54:08 am »

Would you kindly send me everything you guys have ?

Mechanixm: The alphabetized raws (please in one zip/raw, not seperate) for the alpha.
Zenerbufen/Arclance: The gui at its current state, preferable as an Exe. If not, the python file.
Socrates: Whatever work you have done on the manual.

@zenerbufen: Yeah, the meteorhammers, I noticed that way late and havent changed anything on them yet. I didnt include them in MDF2.

I feel like I might be getting back into this. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2012, 08:51:59 am »

Zenerbufen/Arclance: The gui at its current state, preferable as an Exe. If not, the python file.
I can make an .exe if you want but it will be a ~10-20 MB file, can your Internet handle that now?
If yes what OS do you want the .exe for.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2012, 12:26:04 pm »

Nah, I am good with the python code for now, I want to test some stuff with the metatags. Will the final exe be this big as well ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2012, 02:27:21 pm »

Nah, I am good with the python code for now, I want to test some stuff with the metatags. Will the final exe be this big as well ?
Yes it will be that large in the end, probably a little bigger actually since we are not done yet and this does not include anything that zenerbufen has been working on yet.
Some of that size (2-5 MB) is all the tileset/creature images.
Most of it is due to the fact that the pieces of Python (and some system files on Linux) that the GUI uses have to be included with the executable so the user does not need to have the exact same version installed on their system.
This makes the executable portable between different operating system versions/builds and makes it so the user does not need to install anything extra (except on Windows due to license issues) but makes the executable larger.

I made Windows (12.5 MB) and Linux (20.8 MB) executables of the current GUI if anyone else wants to test them to see if there are any problems with my compile settings.
To start the GUI run the "startGUI.bat" file in Windows or the "startGUI" file in Linux.
The raw files that are used by the GUI are in the "lib/alteredraws/objects" directory.
Changes made in the GUI are written to the "df" folder.

I don't have a Mac to make Mac executables with but you can download the source here if you want to try it on Mac.
Start it by running "backend_merged_20.py" in the lib directory.
I put my cx_freeze build script (exeSetup.py) in there in case some wants to try making a Mac executable.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:49:11 am by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2012, 03:11:07 pm »

tested on a clean install of windows 7. The only changes I made after installing a clean copy of windows was to install my device drivers and do windows update. (including .net 4 under recommended)

Flawless arclance. :) good work. thanks.

Morticeq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2012, 06:42:27 am »

because of:
@Morticeq
That is a great idea. You should bring it up in the team-speak thread so It doesn't get forgotten about!
so there it is:
For example, for me the best thing that can be done around masterwork manuals are two basic things:

First, flowchart like this http://dwarffortresswiki.org/images/e/e6/FlowchartDF.png but with MW2 stuff included and highlighted. The best thing to do about it, would be interactive flowchart, where you can click on a building, and it will show you its page(or picture, like in the old manual).

Second, three(or five, or whatever) "bestest" and three "worsest" materials evarrr in MW2(sorry for making that kind of emphasis :) ). But, for each purpose separately. Because for example, new player may understand that the heavier material is, the better blunt weapons you can make from it. But you cannot see in any chart if for example is gemtip weapon better than adamantine one. And also, questions like, if I make rocktip weapon from RAW_ADAMANTINE(don't ask why :D ), what will its quality as a weapon be? So nice clean list of all materials that certain kind of item can be made of, sorted. Because, for example, official wiki has several confusions going on page about weapon materials.

I hope my post is readable, I had rough day  :D

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2012, 10:47:36 am »

Would you kindly send me everything you guys have ?

Mechanixm: The alphabetized raws (please in one zip/raw, not seperate) for the alpha.

Mine has been sent.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2012, 03:30:38 pm »

Yes, got them. Also got arclances GUI, waiting on socrates manual updates (havent heard form him) and DSL, coming tuesday :)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2012, 05:05:45 pm »

I didnt include them in MDF2.
As excited as I am about MDF2, the amount of things removed not yet rewritten saddens me. I do realize we are re-doing everything from scratch basically, but how much of the old stuff do you think you will end up putting back in? Meteorhammers are kinda cool.  I love the thought of a champion dwarf ridding off into battle on a  war trained dire wolf swinging a set of slademantine meteor hammers menacing with spikes of actual meteorite.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2012, 07:38:04 pm »

meph - what exactly is going to be redone and what exactly is going to be ported over, would you think? what are the main reasons for doing an MDF2 rather then incremental improvements from 1.9.5? the new GUI, which is better because it allows for more detailed configuration, and...?

i'm having a ball with 1.9.5 and really wish there was going to be a 1.9.6!! =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2012, 05:37:41 am »

Well, mostly because of the magma in bags from traders, because I cant figure out what it is/was.

Then because the raws are a mess.

Then because because of the GUI, because writing new metatags is easier then changing old ones.

And because I want to change a ton of things.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2012, 06:30:44 pm »

i hear you! i haven't gotten the magma bags in 1.9.5, but the raws are a mess, and the GUI is non-optimal, for sure =D i can help clean up raws! is there a CVS repo or something out there?? and i applied the outstanding binary patches to my 34.11 executable - do you want me to email you that?
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2012, 10:42:40 am »

Currently I'm about 80% done with the Buildings Section of the Help Manual.

Typing and searching each of these reactions and tracking down the proper names takes a very, very long time.  Tbh, it's a lot of work for one person.  It would actually be easier to write a program to compile it for us.  I've only had a few un-interrupted days to look at it, but I highly recommend and suggest that others complete and improve building section.  The materials for each building needs to be checked and completed as well as formatting the layout of each reaction.

I've tried pushing the idea of a Wiki or shared online resource for members of this team, but the idea is met unsuccessfully.  We could potentially port the complete online wiki files to an offline version using a simple script.  Unfortunately, I'm short on time at this moment, but I hope this contribution helps in some small manner. 

File Download: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7057

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2012, 11:08:26 am »

Yes sayke, please email/mediafire/dropbox it. With binary patches you mean the version that can use more then 2gb ram, or more then that ?

@socrates: Thanks, I did download it and will countercheck it later. I know it is a lot of work, after all I already did this with the graphical guides for all buildings in the old version ^^ that was even worse... but at least it is something that has to be done only once. Since I have now both your manual page, AND mechanixms reactions I can see what changed. And no worries the rest I'll do myself ;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9