Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: The Elf, A theory  (Read 30138 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Elf, A theory
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2012, 04:22:36 pm »

Kobolds are our greatest ally against the elves now.
They'll steal your socks

The humans are mystified by their tricks and claims of 'desire for the betterment of nature.'
And annoyed by their tendency to eat their dead and attempt to halt their industrialism. Which is why they often ally with the Dwarves to kill the Elves.

The greenskins? Hm, seeing as the elves already overshadow them, they may well be gone.
The Elves and the Goblins were taught to believe almost two entirely different belief systems. Likely both consider them superior to the other.

The animal men are too far gone in their reliance on the trees
Get nekked time

save the primitive cave peoples, who are powerless to fight the elf threat.
Why can't they be our allies? :(

Kobolds and dwarves may need to ally in a world that has turned all against them, and while they still stand strong!
I'll pass. Unless Kobold cheese exists or something.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2012, 04:26:50 pm »

Then again, it's a mere theory and my opinion. Personally-you know what, screw it.

BURN EVERYTHING WITH MAGMA! LET THE EARTH RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL IT'S INHABITANTS!

Excuse my caps. It is my way of emphasizing my point.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2012, 05:27:58 pm »

Then again, it's a mere theory and my opinion. Personally-you know what, screw it.

BURN EVERYTHING WITH MAGMA! LET THE EARTH RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL IT'S INHABITANTS!

Excuse my caps. It is my way of emphasizing my point.

Agreed. Kill them all, let Armok sort it out.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2012, 05:32:09 pm »

After going about it in my head I've deduced... That elves suck!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2012, 09:34:12 pm »

The theory suggest that elves are shroom people that get infested with a "single organic parasite" in their brains and that all the wooden stuff they trade are infested with parasites so that the parasites can infest and wait until the person dies so they can... Wait some more until the body decompose and turn into a fresh elf and infest them.
Okay To take from this is that elves are orks, Warhammer orks that end up getting brain probe at some point of their lives by tree hippie "Single Organic parasites"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. Also the Single Organic Parasite decompose after awhile and need also decomposing material even if the elf/ork doesn't need to eat at all. Either The parasitic properties elves carry die out after several years and they just go about like normal even fighting back the mind controlled people or makes no sense other than to scare you into killing more elves(which is the wrong reason to kill elves since it suggest that they can't control themselves due to having a worm in their heads). I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case way back in 40d where elves didn't go into hiding and each elf had a personality if you check through dwarfcompanion/runesmith.

Though this theory doesn't explain Adventure mode elves at all... more so FortDwarf mode elves.

PS: This thread just spark interest in Elven biology. Though I don't know how much stuff can be learn from something that was poke into by countless old members of the forum.
though fungus aren't a part of the plant kingdom so being apart of the trees kinda doesn't make any sense unless the parasite is of plant origin. but then that's to say all these years elves had no control over their actions, which makes all the stories from old wrong. Also if this is true I would totally find a way to weaponise them and use them to take over bandit camps.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:30:32 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2012, 08:58:38 am »

Bump because apparently thats not automatic
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2012, 02:53:38 pm »

Ahem. As an elf myself, I scoff at this dwarven !!Science!!. It's clear that your bearded parasites are simply clouding your mind against the true threat... Trying to release their overseers from the pits below. Isn't it odd that every dwarf seeks to breach the glowing tubes that the other races leave alone? Odd, but as brave, brave observers have given their lives to see, not coincidence. Is it not the dwarves that spread fire across the land on command of their beards? Shave now, and you may free yourself of your parasite, and realize this theory is utter propaganda spread by the true monsters. We wish to help you free yourselves from your hairy overseers, friends, the ones that taint every piece of wood you touch.

With nature's love,
Laneia, the Stormy Hurricane of Spikes : Immortal Titan Slayer, and Emissary to the Dwarves.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2012, 03:21:11 pm »

With nature's love,
Laneia, the Stormy Hurricane of Spikes : Immortal Titan Slayer, and Emissary to the Dwarves.
Cassandra! I have done some groundbreaking science and I have come to the conclusion - The Elves are all infected with something called a "head!"
Now if you would just allow us to remove it for you, we even brought our finest Chief Medical Dwarf...

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2012, 03:28:43 pm »

The beards have gone too far... This isn't the last you'll see of me!

-Dramatic flaming smoke exit!-
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2012, 03:36:46 pm »

-Dramatic flaming smoke exit!-

=

!!Cassandra!!

The profits of combustible diplomacy

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2012, 03:41:02 pm »

Oh, I'm usually on fire. It's an immunity that an emissary learns after the first few visits. -Wink-

Err.. That is to say...

Blarg, I have died! No need to send Axedwarves to look for the flaming corpse!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:46:26 pm by Cassandra »

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2012, 05:47:28 pm »

Holy god badass Idea alert!
Next update since we get forest retreats I will make an elven adventurer who is one of the last "true" elf.
 His goal is to burn every elf he kills so the parasites wont spread ever agin!
So good idea or bad...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2012, 06:24:26 pm »

You should mod in a subrace of elves with no heads.
They are in alliance with the dwarves to remove the parasite that are elf heads.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2012, 06:39:21 pm »

They are in alliance with the dwarves to remove the parasite that are elf heads.

And dorf beards?  Do gobs and humes have parasites too?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2012, 06:52:45 pm »

And dorf beards?  Do gobs and humes have parasites too?
Silly, those elves have beards.
Or maybe make a syndrome that make people grow beard, but that's not doable as of this version.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10