Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have a dream...  (Read 905 times)

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have a dream...
« on: September 19, 2012, 10:51:10 pm »

Maybe someone can help me with ideas on how to pull this game play style off:

I want to get one squad for each profession type, filling it out with members of said profession. (having a "College Bro Squad" and other stupid gag names still cracks me up)  I also want at least the squad leaders to have 1000 juice.  Problem is the only good way (maybe the only way at all) to get to 1000 juice is via ultraviolence. 

Based on a few games I've played like this so far the problem I keep running into is unless I liberalize the public a bit I can't do the NOT GUILTY! wash rinse repeat of the revolving door justice system - my dudes end up getting convicted, I'm lucky if they get only 5 life terms.  So I can apply a prison break which gets the old charges dropped and replaced with one count of prison escaping, which is a lot easier to clear.  However it's hard to break prison without killing anyone, and if I do have to kill anyone the cycle repeats.  The nasty up to -10% juice penalty (cause then I have to kill more genetics lab critters or people to get back to 1000 juice!) for a subordinate getting convicted also makes the prison break until you can get a not guilty verdict routine rather vicious and hard to escape. 

I've also noticed if I liberal X gets say 500 murders, a conviction, and a trip to the Big House, but then is freed by a liberal prison break, the rap sheet for the escaped prisoner is reset to 1 escaping prison count, forgetting all those crimes they were originally convicted for. (making it easier to get a later NOT GUILTY!)  I'll call that a feature not a bug since it makes the game easier, but if that escaped prisoner gets arrested again for other charges, then the review liberals - in justice system - menu shows that liberal to be serving their original prison term while awaiting (in the police & courthouse lockups)

Also if I liberalize the public too much they move pollution & nuclear power laws out of arch-conservative, which means I can't make a mutant squad, cherry picking only the most ripped mutants and discarding all the weak ones.

Playing a game like this makes it a rather tricky balancing act, I thought it'd be easier to pull off but it's giving me trouble.  My starting liberals get older fast with the prison break revolving door game, it takes longer than getting acquitted.  Any ideas on how to make this game play style more efficient and easier?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: I have a dream...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

Killing CCS Vigilantes is not a crime, so you can use them to juice everyone up. Attack the Bar & Grill, retreat before you kill too many people and win the site for yourself and repeat this forever.

The drawback is that you need to fight CCS Vigilantes, who are among the toughest enemies in the whole game, especially if you pick the starting option to have them start out strong.