Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Survive the End  (Read 21624 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Survive the End
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:08:28 pm »

Survive the End.

Days Since patient Zero: 3.

Syptoms of Disease:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

City: Parter City (name I made up), a city with the kind of buildings you'd expect in Dallas, TX.

Beginning of Story: Your characters are sitting in their rooms and watching TV, browsing the internet, or listening to the radio in their car. A story about a disease spread by fluidic contact that causes irratability, coughing blood, and vomiting up blood comes up on the news. This is the first day you manipulate your character's life.

Characters

How to set up Character:

It is 3:45

Hope this is sufficient to start a game. I'm new at this.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:58:58 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Survive the End
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 08:09:01 pm »

Reserve!

Here!

Name: Carrie Summers
Two things your character is good at: Working with Electronics/Hacking and Driving
Scenario of learning of disease: She was surfing YooToob at home one day and noticed a flood of videos about some kind of breakout at a lab a few miles away. Some kind of Disease. Maybe it was Flesh-Eating. Whatever. She didn't take it too seriously until she came across several videos of people dropping dead on the spot. At that point, she was worried. She ran into her room and packed up everything she owned. She grabbed her suitcase and got into her car, and that's where she is now.
Housing: Bottom Floor Apartment, at least while she's still going to school.
Fitness Level: Slightly above Average.
Inventory: Laptop, Car Keys, Hotwiring Kit. Y'know, the things every teenage girl should have.
Other info you see as necessary: ...Nope, come up with your own mental image, I'm tired.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:22:00 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 08:10:41 pm »

Name : Leon Wang.
Housing : 2 Bedroom flat on a housing estate.
2 skills : Hand to hand fighting. Sneaking.
Fitness : Medium strength but very fast reflexes.
Items : Small solid metal club hidden up he's sleeve , Razor wire wrapped around 1 wrist , Small combat knife in a sheath on lower back , Grim reaper face mask. Black leather Gloves.
Scenario of learning disease : Find a video on youtube of a man throwing up blood all over a crowd of people on a bus.
Other info : Has an over developed survival instinct and no problem killing another person to save himself. Is tall but lightly build and very fast and quiet on he's feet and very good at putting people to sleep quickly and quietly with my hands or with a small club and razor wire.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:10:12 pm by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 08:22:32 pm »

Two.

Name: That's for me to know, but most call me Bowie.
Skills: Stealth, not getting sick
How I Found Out: One of my buds started coughing blood halfway across the room from me.
Housing: Wherever no one's looking too hard, sometimes gang safehouses
Notable gear: Crossbow, Bowie knife, (stolen) bulletproof vest
Fitness Level: Surprisingly good, given the circumstances
Other info: I'm a low-lifer, a nominal member of a minor gang in a big city near/where the game is set. I've rot some skills and a Bowie knife, as well as a crossbow I've practiced with once or twice a month and used a total of three times. I mostly focus on pickpocketing, but occasionally do a bit of burglary or the like. My only talent is that I've not been sick a day in my life.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:25:31 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 09:53:34 pm »

Name: Dick Jones
Two things your character is good at: Using people as bait, Swindling people out of things they own.
Scenario of learning of disease: Had glued a guy that forgot to pay his debt to the floor, but before I was able to commence the beating, one of my old cronies phoned me up and told me to scurry off somewhere safe.
Other info you see as necessary: Dick's real name is Richard, but don't tell him that. He's around 5'11", 145 pounds and really loves to horde things.

Housing: Dick lives in a small-sized flat, outside of the suburbs, but not close to the "Rich" section of town. Nice place to crash. Four rooms, bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom. Safe with his valuables hidden under a floor. Though he doesn't own much now...

Notable items: Dick has his ever-present, trusty Walther PP, handed down to him from his grandfather. It's a good pistol, with an attachable threaded barrel to lower the sound. He has a few magazines of ammunition for it, too.

Fitness level: He's not that strong, but he's fast. You sorta need to be when you're running away from an ever-increasing amount of loan sharks. Endurance is medium-high.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:47:47 pm by Caerwyn »

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 03:59:54 am »

Name: Dr. Smith
Two things your character is good at: First-aid and all that medical stuff. Medical science.
Scenario of learning of disease: Colleagues told him about it.
Other info you see as nescesary: Doesn't believe something unless he sees it. Tries to not be scared. Likes understanding the biology of stuff.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 04:27:46 am »

Name: Jeremy Nix
Two things your character is good at: Writing and Piano-playing
Scenario of learning of disease: Read about in on Bay12
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:29:28 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:12 am »

Heheh, I briefly entertained the idea for an RtD  where people had to struggle against the panics caused by the 2012 hype - without said hype actually being true.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 06:17:09 am »

And I made an RTD where the players need to survive and/or escape a quarantined Chicago due to some disease, set around the 2012 date.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 07:14:38 am »

So do I modify the first post and add the characters? I'm sorry that I don't entirely know what's going on...
My tumblr.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 07:47:21 am »

So do I modify the first post and add the characters? I'm sorry that I don't entirely know what's going on...

Check the RTD Library. Actually, organization is up to the GM whether or not he puts them player list somewhere.

There are tons of ways to organize those stuff.  :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 09:42:43 am »

Hmmm, haven't seen too many survival horrors around recently. PTW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 02:59:35 pm »

I'd advise adding a character list to the OP.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 06:32:24 pm »

I added the characted list to the main post, but I've got some more details that you should add to your character.
My tumblr.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 06:33:14 pm »

Such as?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16