Poll

What would you like to see next?

More creatures
More plants
More interactions
More reactions
Anything, it's all cool

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: =To Terra= [FF9] Ironhand Graphics version released! +compatibility  (Read 24530 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: =To Terra= [FF9] Summoners, moogles, and so much fire (Testers Wanted)
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 12:48:00 am »

If you do put out a Tactics mod, I'll look forward to it. :)  And you should really try out 9 - it's a great game, and my personal favorite of the series.

Anyways, thanks to some testing, I've found several errors - also, I accidentally left my speed-testing tag in the genomes and they're SPEED:3, so if your genomes have been moving at subsonic speeds, this is why.  It will be fixed in the next release, which will be out within the week.

Edit: Make that today.  I got some work done, new monsters, trying out weird new things.  Oh, and I fixed the chocobo feather issue, they're now properly used as "yarn".

Totally just bought 9 today. Gonna start playing tomorrow. Nothing like a real disc and controller and TV to really make it feel good.

Also, maybe use chocobo feathers as bed material? Is it even possible to do that? I'd like to have my king sleep on a bed that's basically a pile of of golden chocobo down.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 08:07:00 am »

Totally just bought 9 today. Gonna start playing tomorrow. Nothing like a real disc and controller and TV to really make it feel good.

Also, maybe use chocobo feathers as bed material? Is it even possible to do that? I'd like to have my king sleep on a bed that's basically a pile of of golden chocobo down.

Sweet. :)  Hope you enjoy it!

I was actually pondering this before going to bed last night - I was thinking about making a metal bedframe and something like chocobo feather quilts, and combining them with a reaction to get a nice bed.  Too bad I can't define new beds myself in the raws, but I should be able to make chocobo feather beds.  The separate steps is just for the sake of realism.

Oh, and also, there is an issue with coffee.  If you want to brew it, forbid all your empty barrels and only use pots.  Barrels are weird and can only hold 5 units of liquid, and since there are "5" units of ground coffee in a single bag, one bag brews 25 units, so if someone uses a barrel, apparently they just dump it on the fucking floor or something and you'll get "coffee [25]" stuck in your still under you deconstruct it and the barrel remains empty.

The next update will force coffee to made in pots to prevent this issue, as it works just fine with pots.  Until then, just don't use barrels.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:10:46 am by Clover Magic »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 12:14:18 am »

So I've played three hours or so. I'm loving it. Is there anything I can do to help, even if it's just testing? I'm a very -very- basic modder otherwise, but I can help do building reactions if you just need gruntwork done.

EDIT: Testing anyway. Genome language seems broken. I keep hitting random name for the fortress and the translations keep changing. I get:
For Abbey: Rhuor, Lipna, Cebela, Nithros, and Iarrieu to name a few.

Also monarch butterflies are forming colonies. Not sure if intentional.

And for above-ground civilizations, the sawmill mod workshop is almost necessary. I'd love to be able to give my Genomes an actual house and theatre stage.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:47:06 am by Pufferfish »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 09:00:19 am »

So I've played three hours or so. I'm loving it. Is there anything I can do to help, even if it's just testing? I'm a very -very- basic modder otherwise, but I can help do building reactions if you just need gruntwork done.

EDIT: Testing anyway. Genome language seems broken. I keep hitting random name for the fortress and the translations keep changing. I get:
For Abbey: Rhuor, Lipna, Cebela, Nithros, and Iarrieu to name a few.

Also monarch butterflies are forming colonies. Not sure if intentional.

And for above-ground civilizations, the sawmill mod workshop is almost necessary. I'd love to be able to give my Genomes an actual house and theatre stage.

Thanks for your reply!  Right now testing is the most essential, followed by suggestions.  I'm especially looking for suggestions for common animals right now - the bestiary is great for wild animals and such, not so much for domestic animals, so new ideas would be appreciated.  I plan to eventually replace everything after all!  Anything fantasy-ish is fine.

I don't know why butterflies are forming colonies.  I'll have to look into that.

And thanks for catching the language!  I'd noticed the languages going wonky but it seems it slipped my mind.  Next version will fix that.  Also fixing the capitalization thing in the genome language, DFLang is weird sometimes.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 12:46:08 pm »

New version has been released!

Fixes:
-Coffee now requires pots so as to stop the barrel issue
-Races now use their appropriate language instead of cycling through them at random

New Stuff:
-Tons of new plants!  Really diversifying plant biomes here to make trading more interesting
-Some new fun creatures!
-New reactions and buildings, including a sawmill!  Use one log to create three wood blocks to extend your aboveground resources

Please tell me what works and what doesn't!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 07:14:25 pm »

I definately need to playtest this as soon as I finish my turn in swordthunders. FFT is still my favorite game of all of the, but FF9 is my favorite from the mainline.

Do you want any assistance with modding at all?
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 07:37:04 pm »

FF9 is also my favorite. <3

Anyways, I always need playtesting so I can know what works and what doesn't - if anyone could find the source of the random crashes that plague my world gens that would be swell.

The other thing I need at the moment is new domestic/benign animals.  Monsters are great for Fun wildlife, but not so much pack animals and vermin hunters.  I want to remove most if not all real-world animals eventually, or at least those that don't show up in the game.  Cats, for example, are staying since they appear in the game, but horses and the like need to go.  Also, making new human castes for the various animal people would be awesome.  Something I could just plug into the default humans and go.

Anyone is welcome to add a creature or animal-person caste!  It'd be appreciated. :)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 09:20:59 pm »

the entity raws seem kinda messy with the nobles and such, but I haven't had a chance to play with this mod yet. One thought is to limit reactions to specific species so you have to trade to get some kinda goods (plus liaisons where needed).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 02:14:18 pm »

New version uploaded!  Please download this new version, it fixes all genomes appearing with frost spider silk items from dying of severe frostbite.  Also, sawmills should now be working, derp.

Also, I uploaded a full game version.  For some reason I cannot gen anything larger than a Small world with the full files, so if someone could see if this is repeatable and perhaps the cause, that would be really helpful!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: =To Terra= [FF9] Full Game Version Posted, need testers for crash bug
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 03:30:26 pm »

Wait. Check the entities and interactions. Those are the ones that cause problems in modded files.

Also, fiddle with your worldgen parameters.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 03:41:57 pm »

The problem is that I haven't changed the entities and interactions since, like, version 2, and I was perfectly fine to gen medium worlds then.  I was changing plants when somehow it broke, and I can't seem to find out what's going wrong to fix it.  It gens the worlds just fine up until the history aspect, at which it gets maybe 4 years into the world and then shits itself and crashes with no errorlogs.

I really don't know what the hell's going on.  I've mucked with every single thing I've modded into the game ten times over by now, and I can't stop the crashes.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 08:16:02 pm »

I've gotten to year 5 on worldgen medium before it crashes. I've been mucking through myself and haven't found anything more than a typo like THunder. Maybe one of the creatures' magic reactions doesn't work properly, I think that's the most likely case here. I don't work with those so I can't help you with that. Maybe a plant reaction then.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 07:03:35 pm »

Okay, small new version!

New things:
-Fixed sawmills, get your three blocks now!
-Some small new things
-Removed vanilla farming plants

Haven't updated total conversion version yet, will do so later tonight.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 01:57:53 am »

Mind if I borrow your genomes for my FF mod?

I sort of want to concentrate on mega beasts and summons on my mod, and I'll give credit. I don't mind if you say no; I just like your genomes for some reason. :P

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 11:24:02 am »

Of course, I don't mind.  Anything from my mod is free as long as there is credit. :)

Now I'm trying to fix the anti-grav frogs.   :P  The Mighty Ascending Frog has found it's way into DF!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6