Poll

What would you like to see next?

More creatures
More plants
More interactions
More reactions
Anything, it's all cool

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: =To Terra= [FF9] Ironhand Graphics version released! +compatibility  (Read 24565 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: =To Terra= [FF9] Full Game Version Posted, need testers for crash bug
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »

The best way to do that I think would be to give them a special torso that has the flying capability, [WINGS] or [FLYING] or whatever.

Also, has the crash been fixed?

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: =To Terra= [FF9] Full Game Version Posted, need testers for crash bug
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 05:40:18 pm »

Haha, I'm trying to stop them from flying.  I'm getting frogs hovering in midair in my current fort for no reason whatsoever.

And no, I can't seem to fix it.  I've done everything I can think of - removing custom reactions, interactions, changing a ton of entity stuff, but it still crashes.  I'm so sick of this crashing.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: =To Terra= [FF9] World gen crash FIXED aw yeah! +new stuff
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 12:07:55 pm »

Good new everyone, I seem to have fixed the world gen crash!  After about thirty minutes spent on the Mantis bug tracker, it turns out that the game doesn't like megabeasts or semimegabeasts without a LAIR tag.  It seems I forgot to add one to the silver dragons, so they were crashing the worldgen for some godawful reason.  I'm currently genning medium worlds without problems now.

Please download the new files to fix this.  If you still run into this crash, please inform me immediately!

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: =To Terra= [FF9] World gen crash FIXED + added poll
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 08:36:24 am »

All right, now that the worldgen crash has been fixed, I'm working on actual content again instead of random fixes.

So!  Here is where I poll you guys!  What sort of content would you most like me to work on next?  I've got several new mega/semimegabeasts already, and will continue to add more as I work through the boss list.  The bestiary for has also been more-or-less completed, with some hanging in the wings waiting to see if I decide to add them in.  So, almost all new creatures would be original.  I also want to add a lot of more reactions and such to make some more variety.  So, basically, the poll results will point me to what should be getting my priority!  All will be worked on, I just would like to know what people would like to see first.

A new version will be out by the end of the week.
Fixes so far:
-Fixed bedframe-making, so now you can make beds from metal!  Create a metal bedframe at a forge (3 metal bars, Other Objects), and then assemble a bed at a craftsman workshop using the bedframe, a piece of cloth, and any sheared hair/wool/feathers for stuffing.
-More monsters should be showing up properly
-Genomes should no longer punch things with their tails (they'll still wear gloves and mittens on them, but oh well)
-Lots of minor tweaks to monsters, frequency and egg size and such

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 12:59:58 pm »

The beginnings of an elemental system are being implemented.  New buildings and reactions galore, woot!  It will be mainly focusing on creating different elemental materials - since the game is filled with a lot of weapons/equipment that are "infused with the power of Holy" or some such, and since genomes cannot cast magic, this will be your only way to inflict more damage on enemies.  All enemies will be reworked so that they are weak to the elements they are weak to in the game but strong against their own, making elemental forging a priority to fighting effectively.  Dragons are now a bitch to fight, mwahahaha.  I'll also be attempting to give black mages elemental spells.  Still not sure how to handle summoner magic - CPU summoners won't summon as is, nor can I think of how to implement white magic.  Suggestions are appreciated.

Work is also being considered on an apocethary to create the standard FF potions and such, but again, this needs ideas on how to work.  Softs, for example, would be easy to implement, but how to replicate the healing effects of a potion or ether?  Research is needed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 01:42:05 pm »

White magic? Hm.
I'll take a look at my Persona healing interactions, but I think you could do a transformation on someone for three seconds to do the really powerful Cure spells and Full-Life/Raise (Sorry, haven't played IX, dunno its spells) and as for summoning, I'd say transforming a nearby person into the desired summon is the closest you're getting to that.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 02:16:49 pm »

Well. Maybe a cheap proto-esper animal that all the reactions affect and can assign to the summoner? So if the transformed esper does die, it causes a bad thought. Which for me, makes sense.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 02:22:33 pm »

Works out in Fortmode, I have a system like that for both of my mods.

What about Adv.mode?

Edit: for lower level Cure spells you could accelerate the healing rate by boosting recuperation to ungodly levels.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:26:55 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »

Thanks for the ideas so far!

FFIX has the following white magic spells:
Cure   Restores 300+ HP, single/multiple target
Cura   Restores 1500+ HP, single/multiple target
Curaga  Restores 4000+ HP, single/multiple target
Regen  Gradually restores HP
Life  Recovers character from KO, restores some HP
Full-Life  Recover from KO with full HP
Panacea  Cures Venom and Poison status
Stona     Cures Petrify and Gradual Petrify
Esuna     Removes various abnormal status effects
Shell  Reduces damage from magic attacks
Protect  Reduces damage from physical attacks
Haste     Speeds up ATB Gauge
Silence  Prevents single/multiple targets from casting magic
Mini  Shrinks, lowers defense and attack power
Reflect  Reflects magic attacks back onto caster
Float    Causes levitation, prevents Earth damage
Dispel     Removes abnormal status caused by magic attacks
Might     Raises physical attack power
Jewel     Extracts Ore from a target
Holy    Causes Holy damage
Scan  Determines HP, MP, and weaknesses of enemy
Confuse  Makes single/multiple targets erratic
Berserk  Raises attack strength, attacks uncontrollably
Blind    Causes Darkness, lowering physical attack accuracy

Some of these will be easy, eg. Berserk will obviously add the CRAZED tag and raise strength.  The healing ones will be more troublesome and that is the problem, although the recuperation is a great idea.  Protect/Shell will probably do some material damage modifiers.  Reflect I have no fucking idea.

These also have to be optimized for Adventure mode - summoners are not playable in Fort mode, nor do genomes have access to magic or summons - in fact only summoners have access to white magic and summons.  Genomes will have to rely on items to do the same things, such as a Potion for Cure and a Soft for Stona.  Black mages will get the black magic spells, Burmecians/Cleyrans might eventually get some dragoon-related things, and Qus will eventually get "blue magic" spells.  It's a goal to have both modes be fun to play and different experiences.

I'm going with the "transform other creature into summon" for now, since transforming themselves...wasn't optimal, as CPU summoners wouldn't use it and it made you naked.

Also, there is a RESURRECTION effect.  Phoenix summon and Life spells will have to use that.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 02:59:52 pm »

I'll try to figure out Reflect, I need it myself and I need to figure out how to reflect damage onto enemies with interactions. (Yay Tetrakarn.)

As for potions, you could do something with misc. liquids and syndromes.
Ethers are impossible, as there isn't a way to....well do MP in DF, except by some convoluted workaround.

ATB isn't replicable here. Literal Haste perhaps?
As for Jewel, hm. Unless...no, wouldn't work.
Esuna is just a transformation interaction.
Panacea wouldn't be needed...
Silence could be done by removing CAN_SPEAK and making all spells require it.
Scan is unworkable.
Shell? I suppose you could turn the target into an immobile wall for a bit..
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:03:47 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 05:32:20 pm »

Yeah, ethers and other MP skills probably won't make it in.  Let me know if you come up with something that works for Reflect, though, I'd like to add Carbuncle and such.

I was figuring the best thing to do would be make potions into extracts, into barrels for fort consumption and vials for adventurer. (How the adventurers would get them is another matter, but.).  The vial version would be more potent - Super/Hyper potions, maybe? - while the barrels would be mild and would cure any genome who decided to snack on them.  There would also be a reaction, so a genome could be assigned via Workshop Profile and a reaction to consume the potion at the apocethary for immediate healing.

Thanks for the help!  Yeah, I figure Haste will just be a temporary speed increase.  Esuna being a brief transformation to heal is a good idea.  Silence, that's a good idea, although that means I'll have to rework a few tags.  Yeah, Scan and Jewel I didn't plan to add  :P.  Too bad, because Jewel would be useful, the elemental system will require a lot of Ores.  Might make it a summoner reaction out of corpses or something...?  Dunno.  Shell...hmmn.  It might reduce "elemental" damage, I'm thinking.

I hate making freezing attacks, for the record.  Do they even work in the arena?  I can't tell if my Ice spells are working.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 05:36:06 pm »

They should work. I'm assuming you're doing what I did and making them paralyzed with SEV:1000?

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 05:54:41 pm »

No, that'll be my Break and Stone spells lol.  Ice spells are more just a material that has a really low melting/boiling point like the wiki said to create severe frostbite...but I'm not sure it's working.   :-\  Although Ice spells might also be used to create the Freeze status effect, but that'll be another creative interpretation, I think...not sure how else to emulate a status effect that kills you if hit.  (Or if you take an action, which is Heat status.)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 07:15:34 pm »

Well. For stone, you could turn them into a creature defined in the raws but isn't genned in-world. It would be called something like "Petrified" and you could have that drop an ore of some variety. The most defining property of petrified would be a basic humanoid body shape with [IMMOBILE]. Maybe made of stone as well, but that might be hard to break. I've never actually run across a stone titan/FB so I dunno. You could also define a "stone" inorganic that's very easily shatterable/sliceable and do it like that in stead of an actual rock.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 09:06:47 pm »

Hmmn...perhaps, as "petrify" and "stop" are two very different things and both are status effects in FF9, so the full-paralysis would probably be Stop...I'll have to fiddle with stuff, right now I'm working out the elemental system and adding new metals and things for it.  If you can somehow get your hands on it, dragonstar metal will save your ass against the dragon megabeasts - especially needed if a Tiamat decides to come rain on your parade, because holy fuck they will rape you.  Getting it will be a bitch and a half, though.

Anyways, to tide you guys over until the new release, here, have some worldgen parameters based on FF7's world map!

Copy these out of the file and place them at the end of world_gen.txt in the data/init folder of your game!

You might have civ-placement issues on large worlds due to the poles being too far away from land to generate taigas, but I'll look at lowering the global temps for all of them later to help with that.

Edit: Here is FF9's world map - had to hand-paint the height map, so it took longer.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:32:37 pm by Clover Magic »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6