Poll

What would you like to see next?

More creatures
More plants
More interactions
More reactions
Anything, it's all cool

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: =To Terra= [FF9] Ironhand Graphics version released! +compatibility  (Read 24590 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: =To Terra= [FF9] World gen crash FIXED + added poll
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 05:35:23 pm »

Magic is working nicely so far.  Life is really nice and works perfectly - it resurrects any able corpse and - through a brief 1-second transformation - heals all wounds so the resurrected won't bleed to death again immediately.  It does need a corpse with an UPPERBODY intact, though, so you can't resurrect someone from just a leg or arm or head.

Cure/Cura just boost healing rate right now, while Curaga boosts healing rate and will heal you of all wounds.  Esuna will do the same without the healing rate boost.  Silence removes the CAN_SPEAK tag, but since I've not yet found a way for an interaction to require its user to have a certain tag yet, this doesn't currently affect anything.  Other status spells are also in effect, alhough some are jury-rigged - Blind, for example, merely removes any EXTRAVISION the creature might ahve and decreases skills in a hope to reduce accuracy.  Dispel simply cleans yourself or a friendly unit of any grime on you, although this can be helpful to quickly remove a syndrome contaminant from your body.  Might, Haste, and Protect are pretty straightforward - they increase strength, speed, and toughness, respectively.  Shell currently reduces damage from the elemental metals, not much matter to yourself, but once monsters can use it it might be annoying.

Black mages have now been given an expanded arsenal, including Poison, Slow, Stop, and Death.  I haven't implemented things like Flare, Water, and Thunder yet since I'm unsure of how to do so, and Break will wait until I've got the complete Petrifying system worked out.

The next version will probably be uploaded tonight or tomorrow, once I finish tweaking the elemental metals - right now they're just different-colored bars of steel, but I'll change their properties and values a bit to match their elements.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:44:15 pm by Clover Magic »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

New Version Released!

Included:
-New magic/summoning system.  have fun with summoner and black mage adventurers!
-Various new metals, including elemental steels.  They're all a little different, and will eventually be more effective on different enemies.
-Some new mega/semimegabeasts.  Fear the Tiamat!
-Beginnings of a sweets industry, including buildings and reactions.  Try your hand at cakes and ice cream! (Needs bug-testing/help)
-Non-alcoholic drinks now made at the Drink Counter.  Make different varieties of tea and coffee for your genomes.
-Elemental Refinery added.  Use Alchemy and gems to create different elemental crystals, essential for forging the elemental steels.
-New reactions added to Gem Refinery.  Roughen up your cut gems (requires salt) or divide a large gem into three small cut ones.  Use these to either roughen Ores from a caravan for use at the Gem Refinery, or to extend your gem resources with dividing large gems.
-Hairstyles re-added, yay!

I should probably be writing a more in-depth manual for this, some of it is getting complicated lawl.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Hang on, is reviving friendlies?
Can you tell me how you did it? I want to do it for both of my mods. (Damned Amaterasu keeps reviving the siegers/damn phoenix keeps reviving the prisoners.)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to restrict it to only friendly units - they'll revive anything dead, as corpses are items and thus are not affiliated with anything.  However, if you want just your dead revived on fortress mode, make the interaction LINE_OF_SIGHT, keep your reviver away from the actual fighting and surround them with a friendly corpse stockpile.  (Do Corpse (not refuse) stockpiles only take friendly corpses?  Or perhaps just forbid enemy corpses to be gathered.)  That way people should bring the corpses to the reviver's room without your enemies being revived as well.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just made it target a certain creature class. Add it to friendly units desired. :P

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Haha, that works too.  XD  My magic is more for adventure mode, since my fort mode doesn't wield it, and of course Life works perfectly if you're playing a summoner adventurer, as you choose the corpses you wish to revive.  (Summoner companions would probably be annoying as shit though - stop reviving the quest target idiots, etc).

I might implement that when I implement the elemental weaknesses in all the monsters.  It's not much of a concern right now though as unless there's hostile corpses in sight of the trade depot when the summoners come to trade in fort mode it wouldn't matter much.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:P

I use life interactions for summons (again, Amaterasu I know you like every living thing but please stop bloody reviving everyone who's a sieger). I just pasture them inside a room and do exactly as you said.

It's like a reviving vending machine.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Insert corpse, receive life!  :D

Anyways, I've discoevred some issues with baking and ice cream (fucking cheeses).  Those are fixed now.  Busy getting drunk right now for Drunk Fortress, so no active modding tonight, but I do plan on tackling the whole elemental weaknesses tomorrow.  Just a bunch of adding MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER tags and shit.  In my current test fort a migrant mniner just came with a firesteel pick, that's pretty cool.  It means it won't melt in magma like the other pick when one of the original miners was stupid and decided to meet Armok instead of running away form the hot moltne death.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Useful tip: Interactions with a [VERBAL] tag require the creature to be able to speak.  Give it to all magic interactions and the silence spell will prevent their use.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Useful tip: Interactions with a [VERBAL] tag require the creature to be able to speak.  Give it to all magic interactions and the silence spell will prevent their use.

...Ohay.  I missed that tag in the wiki, didn't look down far enough.  Well now, that solves Silence!  Thanks for finding that for me, I'll be sticking that into the magic reactions now.

I did not actually get any modding on this done yet - sidetracked by another mod and playing a real Final Fantasy, lawl.  But I'm genning a new test world right now, after I play in it to make sure everything up until now is working, we'll be going for the next mod step.

Again, ideas are always welcome!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm.

Perhaps you could put in secrets in the world allowing people to learn different branches of magic.

White Magic, Black Magic, Wind Magic...

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Hmmn...possibly.  I do remember at least one human had access to White Magic.  Black Magic was pretty exclusively Black Mage, though...although Kuja did use Flare and Ultima, so perhaps genomes will be able to research it.  They were created by the same civ, so it stands to reason they'd have similar abilities, although due to plot reasons Kuja's the only genome ever seen using magic, and aside from Flare and Ultima it's mostly classified under White.  White Magic should be researchable by everybody, then...with maybe access to Black for genomes.  Everything else was pretty much race-based skills, though.  9 had a fairly strict job system for each character.  Summons...well, they could be used by others if forcibly extracted from the summoner, but I'm not sure how to model that.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Give them an EBO that is a crystal that is used to make a syndrome inducing rock that gives them summon powers.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Actually, this is one area where FF9's version of Black Mages as a separate creature works best - teaching regular creatures ice or poison vapor attacks without causing them to freeze or poison themselves is a pain.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Also, isn't there a tag like [DROPS_ON_DEATH] or something? Or you could have it be butchered out/extracted from the corpse. But I don't know the extraction tags.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6