Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei :Persona Mod [DF 34.11] (Warning: Still in Alpha)  (Read 13886 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Shin Megami Tensei:Persona Mod
"Thou art I, and I art thou."
This mod tries to do it's best to bring the world of Persona to DF. At the moment, I am at a alpha stage in the development of this mod, so feel free to report any bugs you find. I haven't got too much free time at the moment, so expect sporadic updates. At the moment, it has:

Personas:
Yes, the main focus of the mod. Much of the current mod work has been done on this alone. There is a complex system involving research and luck that you need to go through to actually summon a Persona first. The ones I've included are:

Workshops:
Only two are needed, in addition to the ElfCollab workshops which my other mod uses.
Velvet Room: Summoning grounds for all your Personas. This is where you will summon them from the sea of your soul, or rather, your dorves' souls.
Mythology Library: This is where your dwarves study many mythological figures in hopes of gaining new Personas to summon.

Planned Content:
Anti-Shadow Weapons: Effective against Personas and Shadows alike.
Actual Shadows: Encounters.
Bosses: Arcana Lovers, Hierophant, and Ameno-Sagiri among others. (The Shadow Selves will be included, but simply as a generic version, not of any specific person.)
Learnable spells: A slight crossover with other Megami Tensei series.
More buffs/debuffs/status ailments.
Resident (the people who live in the Velvet Room) civ. (Nearly done, but I didn't have time to include this in the release.)
Adv. Mode Persona summoning. (Races with potential are elves, kobolds, humans, dwarves and goblins.)

For the moment, this mod is in an alpha stage, with a lot of bugs. Report any bugs you notice to me, and I'll try to fix them when I can. I will not assure you that this mod will EVER be bug-free, but rest assured I will try my best.

Well, enjoy my mod and provide criticism as needed. Play this at your own risk: I did say it was in alpha.
Download
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6958
Disclaimer: Shin Megami Tensei:Persona along with any Megami Tensei content are the copyright of Atlus Ltd.
Disclaimer 2: Yes, I know I did say I wouldn't work on this, but it was nagging in the back of my head.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:55:12 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shin Megami Tensei :Persona Mod [DF 34.11] (Warning: Still in Alpha)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:24:21 am »

What, no bug reports? I wouldn't mind some, considering that this needs improving.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:53:43 pm »

Oh! :) I've been a fan of this series for so long! The SMT games are so much harder than most of the games I used to play (I mean, how was I supposed to know status debuffing spells were actualy USEFUL in this game? Matador in SMT:Noctourne/Lucifers Call would have been sooo much easier if i had known that in the first place!) and have such interesting plots and themes. My favs in the sereies were probably Noctourne/Lucifers Call, Personas 3 and 4, Strange journey (I managed to make an Uber-powerfull Alice, If you have the game this code(no spaces, i just put those there to make it easy to read) should add it to the compendium:

"k m i P h % 9 Y 5 G U 8 v G d 8 B Y k U e # P p e 9 E Z Z 0 S $"
 ), and Devil Survivor 2.
Unfortunatly, i have trouble enough surviving vanila DF, so it might be a while before i try any mods at all. Still, congratulations on making this, and i hope plenty of people download it :D.

EDIT: lol, I think i went into rabid-fanboy-mode there, sorry. :-[.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:17:57 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 09:41:35 am »

I'd be more interested if you made it more mainline and added Heralds and Tyrants as megabeasts. YHVH as the most powerful megabeast conceivable, maybe?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:03:17 am »

I predicted that kind of response.
I myself prefer Persona over the main series. That and I haven't really played the main series.
I have done my research on it though. And maybe, in the future, I might consider making a proper Shin Megami Tensei mod. For the moment thought, I'll focus on Persona.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 10:14:33 am »

Ah, well. Problem is, Persona themselves don't make much sense as anything other than creature interactions of some sort, while demons can inhabit the world and affect it on their own. How are you planning to make them work?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 10:20:56 am »

Hm. Well, ADV mode summoning will eventually be implemented, that and I'm a lot more familiar with Persona than I am with the main series, so while I could simply erase the non-mainline Personas, remove all persona-related things and name them all demons, I probably won't. I set out to do a Persona mod, and I will see it through to the end...somehow. If it doesn't work I'll just shut this mod down, erase all non-mainline crap and rerelease it as a full-out Shin Megami Tensei mod.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 01:50:44 pm »

Matador in SMT:Noctourne/Lucifers Call would have been sooo much easier if i had known that in the first place!
Argh, don't remind me of him.

What exactly prompted you to make a Persona mod as opposed to a general SMT mod?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »

I dunno, stuff?
Although I did think of doing SMT. I decided against it because I didn't know it as well as I did Persona. Apologies if you came looking for SMT mainline mods and you see this. If this mod flops, as I said, I will just shut it down and reuse most of the assets in an SMT mod.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 05:50:32 pm »

I've only played P3P and Persona 4 Arena do to never having a PS2 but is there really that much different the the main ones beside the gameplay there still Pixie and others in both.  ???
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »

There's quite a few distinctive differences.

Most notably, the various entities aren't products of an individual's mind, and there can be more than one of each type at any given time.

Also the entire diplomacy aspect where demons would abscond with all of your cash because fuck you.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 07:25:57 pm »

There's quite a few distinctive differences.

Most notably, the various entities aren't products of an individual's mind, and there can be more than one of each type at any given time.

Also the entire diplomacy aspect where demons would abscond with all of your cash because fuck you.
Tell me about it I've played Strange Journey do to liking Etrian Odyssey and damn that spell that takes your money......... :'(
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 04:01:56 am »

Gah, you people confuse me with your talk of mainline series features.

Also, one of the major reasons I did Persona over mainline is diplomacy. That can't be done in Adv.mode with non-civ affliliated creatures. Persona summoning on the other hand involves interactions, which CAN be done.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:08:04 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ThurisLord

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:REFUSE_TO_EAT_CHOCOLATE:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 04:53:51 am »

What spell types are available? I figure the agi, bufu, garu, and zio lines are in, but will the dia, zan, hama, mudo, megido, frei, aqua, or tera/magna lines be in?
So far looks awesome. I just hope that when I try to summon Lucifer to mega-own everything, a fusion accident creating a fluffy wambler doesn't occur :D
edit: oh, Nocturne, how big of a jerk can you get? I still remember my Fun Times with Thor, with me being stupid enough to have me and 2 of my main demons weak to zio the first time.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:00:58 am by ThurisLord »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON] ...

ThurisLord

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:REFUSE_TO_EAT_CHOCOLATE:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 05:11:18 am »

I also remember being a hair away from killing Dante and the main being one-shoted by taunt+rebellion that criticaled. And bringing a demon weak against fire to Hell Biker, resulting in a TPK from the stream of Hell Burners. (sincerity mode) Fun times.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON] ...
Pages: [1] 2