Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump  (Read 10962 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2012, 01:28:35 pm »

You should try and find out. ;)

The problem is that the door controls and the medibay are both up near the front of the ship, both are on fire, and the only Rock crewmember had recently become deceased. Short of physically jamming the doors between the DC, the Medbay, the intervening room and the port airlock open, and then somehow blasting open the airlock and somehow making it to the safety of the oxygen room, you aren't likely to contain that fire easily. If it spreads to the control room, the Kestrel is pretty much going to be done for.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2012, 08:01:42 pm »

"Unit designation is 01001000 01100110 01110000 01101000 01100001. Willing to assist ally: Federation Cruiser. Recommend salvaging parts from Saturn's fury. Financial reward unnecessary."

"Ah, you are a engi. Well that's perfect. Please get on board, and help us put out the fire. Meanwhile Ill try not to die. Good luck."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2012, 08:03:53 pm »

Pick up my gun then check the rest of the ship that has oxygen for any more intruders, Move carefully and shoot on sight.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2012, 10:08:21 am »

bluh bluh updates tonight.

You guys are more important than x-com, I need to focus. So this is my COMMITMENT post.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2012, 10:14:48 am »

You guys could try to pull the control room door closed, and then spray it with a fire extinguisher, to prevent the heat from coming through.

Or you could see if this ship hasn't got any CoČ canisters on board. I mean, most closed spaces, (like for example submarines) can push the oxygen away by adding a useless other gas. The lifesupport system should have some of these.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2012, 10:22:49 pm »

Leo: Pick up my gun then check the rest of the ship that has oxygen for any more intruders, Move carefully and shoot on sight.
Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
Rather than running around, you just access the camera system through the control room. The fire doesn't seem to have spread yet, and there are no other boarders on board. 2 rooms on fire, though, and of course there's the remaining damage to your Artemis launcher. You also take note of the damage the hull has taken - probably from the fires.

Werty: Send message to him, then try to dock with merchant for repairs
Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
You only get halfway through your message when the merchant exlaims "By god! You're the ones who were preparing to fire on me! You chased me! Tauricus, help me fight off these pirates and I'll repair your ship for free!"

You decide some more diplomacy may be a good idea before you try to dock.

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)

Addendum:
I've changed Werty's ability - I don't want to deal with power management. Instead, I'm introducing the opportunity to Overcharge a system. Anyone in a system room may choose to overcharge a system - all relevant system effects will be boosted for that turn, as if it were 1d6-2 levels higher, at the risk of a reactor failure (A 1 will kill all reactor systems for 1d6 turns in addition to dealing a damage to the system, and a 2 will simply deal a point of damage to the system). Anyone in the reactor room may attempt to overcharge the system of their choice.

This can even be used on broken systems, to give them a turn of functioning - but failure risks causing major fires in this case (1 or 2), in addition to the normal risk of power failure.

Hopefully this will be a bit more interesting than power management.

Also, Tauricus, please post your official actions in bold so I know what to do with you for next time. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2012, 10:24:29 pm »

Well, I didn't exactly have an idea on what to do there so...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

That's not in bold, and also not an action!

;)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »

Walk back to the cockpit and leaning across Werty send the following message.

"Most sincere apologies we had just escaped from an attack and so I thought it prudent to be prepared to defend ourselves should the need arise. I meant no offense to you and did not meant to threaten you with my actions but with the previous events and my ships battered condition I could not risk having the weapons powered down until I was certain you were not hostile, We are here seeking assistance and would be grateful if you would forgive me and help us."

Return to the weapons station if they do not accept this response and power up the laser.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2012, 05:39:48 am »

Walk back to the cockpit and leaning across Werty send the following message.

"Most sincere apologies we had just escaped from an attack and so I thought it prudent to be prepared to defend ourselves should the need arise. I meant no offense to you and did not meant to threaten you with my actions but with the previous events and my ships battered condition I could not risk having the weapons powered down until I was certain you were not hostile, We are here seeking assistance and would be grateful if you would forgive me and help us."

Return to the weapons station if they do not accept this response and power up the laser.

Oh yeah, great Idea, tell them we are friendly, when they are highly suspicious of us, THEN power up a weapon... really?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06:11 am »

(( It does say if they do not accept the explanation man. As in if they decide to forgive us the action does not happen. Plus they did just ask for help with attacking us so if they do not accept it then it's a case of we disable them or they destroy us and I know which option I prefer. ))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 23, 2012, 11:30:10 am »

(( It does say if they do not accept the explanation man. As in if they decide to forgive us the action does not happen. Plus they did just ask for help with attacking us so if they do not accept it then it's a case of we disable them or they destroy us and I know which option I prefer. ))
Atleast try to be more subdle for crying out loud

Wait. Try to regen myself

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 23, 2012, 11:32:34 am »

(( Why? If they accept my argument then it does not happen so being subtle makes no difference since I never go to the weapons. If they do not accept they are going to try to kill us and being subtle does not matter since they are about to try and blast us out of space. ))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 23, 2012, 11:36:01 am »

Adopt a "Wait and see" approach with the other vessel.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 23, 2012, 04:01:27 pm »

PTW and wait list, please. FTL is awesome!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]