Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 236412 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:52:15 am »

Latest version: RELEASED! V 2.0 , August 2016

Prison Architect is done! v2.0 is the last release by IV.

Version 2 changelog:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Articles:

RPS launch article

Eurogamer article per Nenjin detailing some possible features coming out later this month including tunneling, guard-opened doors, and riots.

Oct 29 - Update from Introversion on sales and future updates

Many dwarves died to bring you these tips:

- Single common rooms may be/are bugged. Place down two common areas for less boredom.
  - Further, large TV's may not be working properly, use the smaller ones instead.
 - You can edit your save file to turn off new prisoner intake. (c:\users\you\appdata\local\introversion\ for win7).
 - Edit your save file and search for "finance" to give yourself unlimited funds.
 - Workshops give you income without needing workers, although prisoners can gather basket weaving tools murderous devices.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:50:03 am by Tobel »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:00:44 am »

Looking forward to it. Subversion it is not, but I do like Sims and would love to play one from Introversion.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:04:42 am »

Looking forward to it. Subversion it is not, but I do like Sims and would love to play one from Introversion.
sims -> prison
I like your comparison.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:04 am »

Will you have to segregate rival gang members to stop them shanking each other? Can I have an old-school "pit prison" where I just dump the meanest people society breeds and throw down supplies every few days and let them "manage" their own hell hole?
These are the questions that must be asked.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:17:42 am »

Will you have to segregate rival gang members to stop them shanking each other? Can I have an old-school "pit prison" where I just dump the meanest people society breeds and throw down supplies every few days and let them "manage" their own hell hole?

Oddly enough there are two other prison management games out there... and that is exactly what you try to do.

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 10:24:07 am »

Three hundred prisoner going in, only one going out....

Since we at bay12 LOVE to find the SCIENCE in everywhere and casually put dorf lives in danger I like to see what the bay12 resident had their mind when they design 'perfect prison'....

@neonivek
you mean MCDICKIE game???
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:03 am »

No no no...

They weren't eye gougingly terrible games... I cannot remember their names though

If I was forced to guess it would be "Prison Tycoon"

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 10:33:17 am »

Been looking forward to it for months now, but information about it seems minimal. Hopefully whatever the big announcement is will be worth the wait.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 10:44:38 am »

Oddly enough there are two other prison management games out there... and that is exactly what you try to do.

Out of curiosity, what are they? It's a genre I've been mildly interested in for a while and all I've come across is the "Prison: Tycoon" series which got varying reviews across the board. I was asking about the pit thing in a half-jest but also because it's something I would be interested trying in the genre. Mostly to see how the AI would or wouldn't function.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 10:52:39 am »

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  I freaking adore the graphics style they went with in this game.  I'm probably going to buy the game just because of that.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 11:03:40 am »

yeah i have been waiting for information for so long, really hope tomorrow it is the alpha will be a 1 day buy for me.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 11:04:20 am »

Did we have a thread for this before, or was that just commandeering the Subversion thread before it died?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 11:06:06 am »

Did we have a thread for this before, or was that just commandeering the Subversion thread before it died?

im sure we had a thread for this one before, linking all the pc gamer articles
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 11:07:27 am »

Either way, tis interesting news.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 11:08:52 am »

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  I freaking adore the graphics style they went with in this game.  I'm probably going to buy the game just because of that.
This. Besides, I love the kind of game this looks like it will be.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 107