Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 236540 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 1.0 Release!
« Reply #1530 on: August 26, 2016, 08:02:50 am »

THE END (of content update).

Spoiler: 2.0 chagelog (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Re: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*
« Reply #1531 on: August 26, 2016, 11:50:18 am »

Right, so Hospital Architect next please? Thanks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 26, 2016, 11:56:41 am »

Looks like we'll never get improved zoning... Pretty sad :/

Oh well. Access to dev tools is nice. I might try my full solitary prison again now that I can reasonably cheat in a 1000 person solitary block.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 26, 2016, 06:08:51 pm »

Woop, now they can focus on something more interesting than prisons hopefully.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 27, 2016, 03:06:29 am »

Like a gimmicky walking simulator and/or a puzzle game?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1535 on: August 27, 2016, 08:10:28 am »

Like a gimmicky walking simulator and/or a puzzle game?
Yeah I'm not really excited about the silly cave explorer thing. It didn't look remotely interesting.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 27, 2016, 09:45:00 am »

The bomb one looked great on the other hand, I'll be really disappointed if it takes a backseat for yet another non-game.
Shoes...

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 27, 2016, 10:16:31 am »

Thing about the bomb game that concerns me is that it'd be a one-playthrough kinda thing. On the other hand, if it meant they could do it like in a year or less instead of the 4 years it took with Prison Architect, and then try something simulationy again, then I'd be all for it.

Apparently the cave game has already been decided by poll, tho.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1538 on: August 27, 2016, 12:15:33 pm »

Apparently the cave game has already been decided by poll, tho.
Sadly that will probably be the first introversion game I skip then.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 27, 2016, 02:03:16 pm »

decided by poll

Democracy is among the worst decision making systems ever conceived.  It is great if you want, for example, to create an impression of legitimacy or a feeling of buy in for your system of governance from the governed.  It is absolute shit if you want to decide anything of import.

on the other hand, it is fairly okay at market research, which is exactly what this is.  So, maybe it will make them a million pounds?  Good on them if it does.

Chris and Mark seems clever enough that I trust them to have good judgement on these things, so maybe there is more to it than we are seeing?  To be honest, the concept does not look like it has any legs to me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 27, 2016, 03:03:40 pm »

Everyone says democracy is a good idea but I think we know deep down it's ass.  As soon as it's implemented everyone goes straight to work trying to subvert and neuter it.
Shoes...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 27, 2016, 03:09:08 pm »

dunno democracy is a pretty good idea for government

idk why anybody would want to apply democracy to any sort of creative process though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 27, 2016, 03:31:44 pm »

Everyone says democracy is a good idea but I think we know deep down it's ass.  As soon as it's implemented everyone goes straight to work trying to subvert and neuter it.

BREAD AND CIRCUSES FOR EVERYONE

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 27, 2016, 04:28:39 pm »

Sort of like a video game no? The minute you present a gamer with an ordered system, the first thing many try to do is break it, trivialize it or gain an "unfair" advantage. When I was doing The Dark Chasm of Old in DS2, did I painstakingly master fighting each Dark Spirit under the worst conditions the level had to offer? Hell no! I stood on a rock and shot he ass in the head while he just ran into the rock and swung at nothing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:30:29 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 27, 2016, 06:08:40 pm »

Is that not true of monarchies, communism, and dictatorships?  Any time there's a path to power, people will try to find a way to fit themselves in.

Of course what we're really talking about here is direct democracy as opposed to representative democracy.  I've seen no evidence in history that *that* is a good idea on a large scale.  But that's not what most people mean when they say "democracy".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107