Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 236557 times)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*
« Reply #1545 on: August 27, 2016, 10:23:11 pm »

I want Airport Architect next!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: August 27, 2016, 10:32:54 pm »

I want subversion next.  :'(
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 28, 2016, 09:47:06 am »

I want Airport Architect next!

Oo. Yes, please.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 28, 2016, 09:55:05 am »

A true successor to Theme Hospital, please.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 28, 2016, 10:32:07 am »

My foundation education program is starting out really well. Results of the first class: 1 dead teacher.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: August 28, 2016, 09:36:41 pm »

My foundation education program is starting out really well. Results of the first class: 1 dead teacher.

Pfft, that's nothing. Wait till you've had to hire 50 new guards because a legendary prisoner broke outta supermax and nearly gunned down every guard and SWAT responder in the prison.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 29, 2016, 04:12:06 pm »

The sad part is we're not getting any of those potentially awesome games, and instead are likely getting that lame looking LIDAR thing they showed off a few months ago before anything else.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 29, 2016, 04:18:35 pm »

Ah well you know, baby steps. I can't fault a dev coming off a very successful multi-year project for taking a year or two do to stupid, experimental games to recharge their batteries. I'm guessing at least one reason they're indulging projects like that bomb defusing game is scope: it's pretty tight. PA was like "hey we need to simulate 1,000,000 things." The LIDAR and bomb defusing games are probably a lot easier to conceptualize, dev for and release on a short schedule. Hopefully while they're doing that, Chris' brain is cooking up the next big thing in the background.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 29, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »

Ah well you know, baby steps. I can't fault a dev coming off a very successful multi-year project for taking a year or two do to stupid, experimental games to recharge their batteries. I'm guessing at least one reason they're indulging projects like that bomb defusing game is scope: it's pretty tight. PA was like "hey we need to simulate 1,000,000 things." The LIDAR and bomb defusing games are probably a lot easier to conceptualize, dev for and release on a short schedule. Hopefully while they're doing that, Chris' brain is cooking up the next big thing in the background.

Yeah, I don't fault them for it, but the LIDAR thing just doesn't seem like it's going to be up my alley. Fingers crossed for Subversion making a return afterwards.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 29, 2016, 07:16:34 pm »

Gaining entry to realistically laid out buildings and removing things from them is pretty much my dream game already.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 31, 2016, 12:57:09 pm »

HAHA! While designing my prison at leisure before opening it up to prisoners, I suddenly found myself in the green daily figures. It was like 6500$ in the plus.
Turns out empty prisons can be profitable, if you have some forestries, a gardener (or two, in my case) and some workers. The green figure in the pic is much lower, cause it has more guards and workers then when I made 6500$ on a day. I'm just about to start accepting prisoners.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 31, 2016, 04:36:59 pm »

Turns out empty prisons can be profitable, if you have some forestries, a gardener (or two, in my case) and some workers. The green figure in the pic is much lower, cause it has more guards and workers then when I made 6500$ on a day. I'm just about to start accepting prisoners.

Huh.

I took this to its logical extension, and built a tiny administration center and a huge forestry.

First thing that happened, I went broke buying saplings.  After making my forestry smaller and taking out a grant to get back in the black, my gardeners got to work planting trees and my workers got busy cutting them down.

Justified opening up the tax shelters almost instantly. 

In terms of easy ways to earn money, this one probably wins.  I bought some land expansions and considered making it even bigger, but there really isn't much point.

edit:  i will note that your 6k number is pretty unusual.  Forestries go in 3 day cycles, so you do best by building them in sections so that all the work isnt bottlenecking on a single day.  An entire map yields about 5k a day evenly spaced out, or about 15k per 3 days if it was all delivered at once. 

With the size and shape of your forestries there, I'm going to guess that you had a bunch of logs queued up before you designated an export zone, and they all got sold at once.  Which is also why you saw it drop substantially as time went on.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:53:39 pm by puke »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 31, 2016, 04:52:22 pm »

Ooh! Looks like guard towers and snipers are totally worth it. No danger penalty for armed guards, and half of my prisoners are surpressed - compliant. I believe from walking past a manned guard tower. Danger levels are non existant except in the mornings when they need to shower.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 31, 2016, 05:08:35 pm »

I want subversion next.  :'(
All of my money i tell you.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 31, 2016, 05:33:41 pm »

You know you've played prison architect too much when you start wondering about the guard's needs, and conclude they must wear disposable diapers and smell really bad because they never take showers.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107