Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107]

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 235331 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*
« Reply #1590 on: March 13, 2017, 09:16:45 am »

-snip-

The drugs thing, you have the anti drug program on, right? That means those drug addicts get access to the infirmary, and they will steal what they can while they're in there. Also, if you have any open areas near any of the edges of the map, the prisoners friends or family or gang or whatever will come and throw drugs and other contraband over the wall, even perimeter walls. It can't be stopped but it can be controlled. Make sure you have the choke-points into your cellblock monitored by K-9 units and metal detectors. With good checkpoints of K-9s and metal detectors, you'll clean up most of the contraband except what they can steal when out in the public areas and the only weapons they can get are improvised ones from the canteen or so. As a former drug abusing friend once said: "Life finds a way when it comes to meth".
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 13, 2017, 10:53:09 am »

The real enjoyment is in creating the most brutal, de-humanizing, riot-creating, gang-controlled, most-prison-beatings-in-a-day, most-shooting-on-sight-y, evil, horrible, gulag.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1592 on: March 13, 2017, 11:34:35 am »

I remember being able to track contraband back to its source and once I eliminated most of the sources, I had no problems. I never had it mysteriously appearing for no reason

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 13, 2017, 02:52:54 pm »

I remember being able to track contraband back to its source and once I eliminated most of the sources, I had no problems. I never had it mysteriously appearing for no reason

Only when it has a source and isn't noise.

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release
« Reply #1594 on: November 29, 2017, 03:35:13 pm »

When staff request increased wages how do I do that?
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: December 19, 2017, 11:19:44 am »

WARDEN MODE

Update happened.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: December 19, 2017, 01:10:58 pm »

Huh, mutators...  not dealing with tunnels sounds amazing.  Even though I've got the system down for finding them.  Its just the effort of manually filling in the hole.

I'll probably give this warden mode+mutators a try. ... sooner or later.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: December 19, 2017, 02:49:09 pm »

Eternal winter and nighttime all legendaries no contraband limits warden mode permadeath!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 06, 2018, 07:37:35 pm »

So, uh, this thing is still somewhat active for being over.

I just got an update, and seems they're working on coop multiplayer (that is already working to an extent).

Weirdos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 06, 2018, 09:13:51 pm »

Co-op looks good, hopefully they make multiplayer work with warden mode and escape mode. The dream, of course, is to let people play as the prisoners in your prison while you're the architect or warden.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 26, 2020, 05:04:31 am »

Game just got a major update in the form of a free DLC, 'cleared for transport'.
Amongst many other things, it adds a privileges system and a system to let prisoners transfer back to lower sec if they behave.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: December 18, 2020, 07:34:50 am »

With the gog recent freebie release (at the time i write you still have 27 hours to claim it) of Prison Architect , maybe some people would like to pop up there.

I recently completely the small campaign available , that's actually a big tutorial on how the game works and how to play.
That allowed me to finally get into the meat of things : making my own prisons with tons of options (and also mutators) that you can enable to make it a lot more fun and FUN!

Recently ran a prison with the event and gang optiosn enabled, and added on top the gang warfare mutator
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was rather bloody , i didn't thought i would have to increase the amount of body bags in my temporary morgue, they're getting filled faster than i "export" them :D

I'll add this here as it's helpfull in case some people play windowed mode with some non-qwerty keyboard running into interface problem :

EDIT : i didn't expected that , the death toll in my hell on earth prison has been annoying the authorities so much they just arrested me and jailed me in my own prison, starting the Escape Mode automatically.
That's some unexpected lot of fun :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 07:41:00 am by Robsoie »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 19, 2020, 12:27:44 pm »

Started playing this after getting it for free, and I decided to play it without completing the tutorial, I was going to try to make a nice prison and not a gulag, well after using up all my money and still not having everything needed it very quickly turned into a gulag and several prisoners are already dead, so I feel its going slightly better than it could be given my usual luck with these kinds of games.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107]