Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blue bump of finger. What should I do?  (Read 2683 times)

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
Blue bump of finger. What should I do?
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:29:34 pm »

After going through one of me and my bro's regular "scruffles", one where we hit more than usual, afterwards I noticed that on my left hand, my middle finger has this blue bump beginning to rise. It hurts when I poke it, but when I put a chunk of ice on it, it seems to be falling. Could someone tell me what happened?  :-\

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Blue bump of finger. What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 06:30:47 pm »

Deep tissue bruise.

Worry when it turns black and you can't feel it anymore.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 06:32:56 pm »

Hideous mutation. You're dying.

No really, it's likely a pimple or a cyst or something. Talk to your doctor next time you go for a flu shot or something, assuming it doesn't go away.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:35:25 am »

AMPUTAAAAAATE

Yeah, sounds like a bruise. Perfectly normal, unless it doesn't start to go away after a few days.
Then it might be gonna fall off or something. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 03:32:54 am »

My first thought would be that you have an alien parasite inhabiting your body, and that the scuffle with your brother ruptured an egg sac that had been nested deep beneath the skin of your finger, but I doubt that's very likely.

I'm guessing it's just a simple blood blister. Wait a day or two, then lance it and see if you can release some of the gunk stored up in it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 04:34:52 am »

Love how 3/4 responses where extreame reasons to begin with. Heck I myseld was going to but the best were said...

Though what on earth did you do in that scuffle that resulted in that. Were you wrestling in your own yard or somewhere public (even front yard if you have one) as it could if you ever wnet to ground and at the worst possible situation a discarded needle wound. Worst case mind you if it was a public area...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 11:44:20 pm »

Nega, they already got your brother, and now he infected you. You can still survive, but you'll have to amputate. The whole hand, not just the finger. It is too late for you brother, killing him would be the kindest thing left to do. I am truly sorry.

I just noticed you posted this 2 days ago. Sorry Nega, you're screwed.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Blasgjerrin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 02:39:05 am »

Hey... not to worry about so small thing. Because this is the natural thing. Which occur in our body. So don't worry. Go and show to the doctor, if needed.