Shipbuilding only
Smithing only
Mining and shipbuilding
Mining and smithing
Shipbuilding and smithing
All of the above
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45

Author Topic: Feudalism Rethought  (Read 36426 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rethought
« Reply #630 on: October 25, 2012, 08:06:45 am »

1. Yes. A rustproof, lighter, weaker steel. Which when alloyed with steel produces a rustproof, lighter steel. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen in real life, because whilst getting mixed up between platinum and aluminum, I forgot to get mixed up between aluminum and titanium, which can't really be forged in this time period anyway.
2. The rules were re-worked to make them less complicated: The reworking of the rules seems to be more complicated than the original rules.
3. mesor has practically taken over the game. That, I don't mind. The attitude which seems to come with it, just from reading back through from page 1 to here is irksome. Sorry mesor, but it actually does just get on my nerves.

If you're going to make a game, GWG, then have the rules hashed out before you begin, or make an interest-check/rules thread before you start.
And that is about a quarter of the reasons of why I'm dropping out of this game.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 25, 2012, 09:37:25 am »

I dunno why people always say I have an attitude.
I state things as I see them that is all, no attitude involved and I'm perfectly happy for people to do the same to me.
But a fair few of the people on here seem to take any criticism at all as a personal insult.
I have not been trying to take over either but a lot of the people who joint the game rarely talk if at all without somebody else starting them off so whenever something came up that needed to be done I generally went ahead and got it started to try and get other people to join in and give an opinion or suggestion.
It does look like I've taken over a bit though given that almost none of the players ever actually say anything so it's kinda a case of me and Wyrm discussing most things and making a choice then somebody deciding they dislike it so we start over and they go silent again.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 25, 2012, 09:54:10 am »

I'd keep playing, but I'm unable to keep up with all the bloody rules!

>:(

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 25, 2012, 09:56:42 am »

Would probably be better if Wyrm just decides on the rules himself.
We know roughly what systems the game will need now so should not be to difficult to make up some rules then just check to see if the rule makes sense or needs some adjustments.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 25, 2012, 09:57:49 am »

Just restart and decide all the rules BEFORE it starts, I can't bloody keep up with it all.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 25, 2012, 10:02:22 am »

Pretty much what I meant.

He sets out all the rules then make a new thread.
New map.
Let people choose new nations if they want and go from that.

Now we have a rough idea of the system we can pick nations to fit us better as well.
People with island nations may not want them knowing they come with small populations
Or knights and mercenaries may not want them knowing that although they get a steady income from the king and can have a large military force they will begin with lower tier equipment to counteract it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:05:57 am by mesor »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 25, 2012, 10:05:20 am »

On these forums at least, if we want a coop we can make our rules as detailed as possible, but KISS otherwise.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 25, 2012, 10:08:40 am »

The game concept is great but I guess letting the players pick the rules does not work unless the players know each other and can agree on compromises.
Which most can't the majority of the time.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 25, 2012, 10:09:06 am »

If we do do a new game, I want to carry over the Circle.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 25, 2012, 10:12:14 am »

I'm gonna scrap Gondolin I have a different idea but I'll have to discuss it with the boss if he wants to do this.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:21:09 am by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 25, 2012, 03:33:05 pm »

FYI, mesor has been offering help and such via PMs for a while. I okay'd the metalsmithing guidelines a while ago.

Given how many people are dropping out, and how complex things are getting before we've even started creating the rules...let's stop for a while, I'll come up with some rules, and then I'll try restarting and PM as many of you as I can remember. Fine with everyone?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 25, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

Da.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 25, 2012, 03:35:27 pm »

I might want to look at some rules too. Not that I'd be off much aid, but I made some complex yet working rulesystems.

I also made many complex and not working rulesystems.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 25, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »

I'd appreciate any suggestions with rules.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 25, 2012, 09:21:37 pm »

Why don't we just Tacticus this shit?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45