Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armour Values?  (Read 698 times)

Fantastico

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Armour Values?
« on: September 26, 2012, 07:04:22 pm »

Heya, folks!

I've been messing around with some of the config files making new armour and whatnot, and I was wondering about the values. No matter how high I set it, it seems my character is not entirely Impervious to gunfire.

I'm not sure if this is down to design or I'm doing something wrong with the code, but I've made sure that the armour is covering my character's Head, Body and Limbs. and that the body_covering is true for all.

Be the rating 99, 100, or even 5000, bullets get through. The arms and legs seem to get the brunt of it. Can you create armour that is 100% impenetrable, or am I doing something wrong?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Armour Values?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 09:51:13 pm »

It's not possible for armor to always block 100% of the damage, because armor only reduces damage, and there's an upper limit to its effectiveness. The best case is that it reduces every hit to 1/64 of its normal damage. Any hits that are more than 64 damage will still chip off a bit of damage. That can still kill you if you're getting peppered by low damage hits that cause bleeding, but a strong doctor in your party will fix pretty much everything.

I'm not certain at what point you'll break armor by setting it too high (eventually it will "roll over" and amplify damage instead), but you're probably safe putting it around 100.