Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Tournament Unlimited: The Finals  (Read 7511 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Tournament Unlimited: The Finals
« on: September 28, 2012, 12:21:57 am »

Alright, the basic idea of this game is that we take characters in media and throw them into a giant tournament together. These characters can be from comic books, video games, movies, television, anime, novels, plays, history or even present tense reality. The challenges these characters face however, are entirely random. They can be anything from combat, to sporting events to quizzes to household cooking, as such victory can vary wildly from expectations. As an example, if Professor Oak and the Punisher ended up in the same round together and knife fighting was rolled, bad ol' Frank Castle is unquestionably going to be the victor, if instead mentoring is rolled then the Prof. would be supreme. It won't always be so clear cut though, so sometimes debate is going to come into play, keep it clean though kids. I may write up flavour text for certain match-ups, depending on how much time i have in a round.

Rule 1: Your chosen character must be someone who's either well known, or easily google searchable, or i'm vetoing it, this is where the danger of real life folks come into play, we may not actually know a lot about their capabilities.
Rule 2: Please, no god-like charachters, they arn't fun. However, Gods themselves arn't neccecarilly thrown out the window entirely, long as they have some serious limitations. For all intents and purposes lets use Q as the template for a godlike charachter, he can pretty much do anything, while Thor from the marvel universe (or the Norse Mythology for that matter) is limited, and therefore is a fair entry.
Rule 3: just to clarify, your charachter does not need to be specific, you could say "Cacodemon from Doom", or "Elephant from Boatmurdered" just as easily as Gandalf or Wonder Woman.
Rule 4: for the moment lets say one charachter per person per tournament. I am waiving this rule for the first tournament however, so that we can fill slots.
Rule 5: I'll be judging, and therefore researching charachters if i need to (which i will, possibly a lot), and probably consulting with other people who know charachters better than i do.
Rule 6: For tournaments with fewer charachters each round will consist of 3 different competitions per matchup.

I have a list of random possible competitions from when i played this game before, please add to it!
Baseball, par course, chilling out, orc slaying, surgery, swimming, throwing a tantrum, pokemon training, space exploration, cookie selling, arm wrestling, maintaining audience interest, computer wizardry, presidential campaign, pschological health, jousting, lightsabre duel, cooking, gymnastics, beauty contest, ping pong, acquiring fangirls (and/or boys), invention, belly dancing, speed texting, IQ test, Knifefight, Singing competition, leading troops, archery, snow boarding, eating contest, civilisation building, strip poker, being scary, smashing stuff, tap dancing, detective work, being a mentor, argueing on the internet, fisticuffs, playing musical instruments, eating with chopsticks, assasination, farming, captaining a star vessel, dancing, chicken kicking, staring competition, dragon slaying, dating, child raising, spaceship combat, learning magic, bear taming, hunting, being a movie action hero (as in, an actor), politeness, composing poetry, shootout, living a monk lifestyle, velociraptor chainsaw jousting, wizards duel (for fairness, a charachter who knows no magic has a month of prep time in their own universe.), surviving damage, cheerleading, pranking, stalking, dogfighting (with planes), bartending, M.M.A combat, learning a language, mud wrestling, melodrama, chess, anthropology, disk jockeying, mario kart, Hilly Billy Fencing (two by fours instead of swords), triathalon, Knitting, memory games, horseback riding, weapon of choice combat, bowling, taking over the earth, entertaining a bored child, being a drill sergeant, popularity contest, Iajitsu duel, marathon, trash talking, lying, science fair, surfing, giving relationship advice, fashion design, being a good scientist, bull riding, building robots, soldiering, sailing, Bushido, surviving a zombie apocalypse, stand up comedy, shotput, pick up artistry, spying, sniping (with guns, not auctions), fencing, being a camp supervisor, endurance juggling, becoming more powerful, ruling a nation, living longer, recon, causing chaos, hockey, mathematics, no holds barred deathmatch, being creepy, picking presents, fighting ninjas, drinking contest, handling the stress of a crisis, legal battle, and crime scene investigation, ability to behave normally when exposed to high amounts of caffeine, asteroid field navigation, cross country vehicle racing, urban vehicle racing, protecting a city, navigating a trap filled dungeon, lasting longer against an endless onslaught of demons (dungeons and dragons demons for logistical purposes), living a balanced high school life, a game of riddles, locating ancient artifacts, mediating disputes peacefully.

Alright now, if you would please sponsor your charachter of choice that would be great ^^

I myself nominate Xanatos

Don't worry, i'll be impartial.

Charachters:
1. Xanatos
2. Black Mage
3. Spongebob Squarepants
4. Taskmaster
5. Sabre
6. Dreadnought
7.Miles Edgeworth
8. Naruto
9. Captain Reynolds
10. Squirrel Girl
11. Gordon Freeman
12. Pheonix Wright
13. Lord soth
14. Bugs Bunny
15. Count Dracula
16. Xenomorph Soldier
(not neccecarilly the order they will be matched up)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:07:07 am by Mlamlah »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament Unlimited: Preparation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:32:31 am »

yeah, ended up with Black Mage
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:24:11 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 12:36:35 am »

Go SpongeBob!

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 12:40:37 am »

-Now irrelevant-
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:03:26 am by Mlamlah »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 01:00:21 am »

Taskmaster (Marvel Comics)

He's not going to lose a contest of physical technique, including art, but you might be able to overpower him in a contest of strength. He's going to fail epicly at anything social.

I want to see how far he can get.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 01:21:33 am »

Do I need pics for a submission?

My phone doesn't exact lend itself to copy pasting pics.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 01:23:04 am »

Of course not, do as you will ^^
I'm actually really liking the suggestions so far, taskmaster was a pleasant surprise.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 01:25:20 am »

EDIT: Scratch that.

Saber from fate/stay night.

Just want to see how badly I fail with judgement.
Later I'll provide pics anyway when I get my computer access back.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:03:23 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 01:54:53 am »

...velociraptor chainsaw jousting...

Yes please.

Had several ideas, but decided this one was the funn(i)est.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 01:55:46 am »

Feel free to suggest any number of competitions you would like to see added, even if they are similiar to one's already on the list.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 02:35:16 am »

Miles Edgeworth

And for a scenario here are some suggestions: Legal battle, crime scene investigation and coffee drinking competition

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 02:37:08 am »

i'll add legal battle and crime scene investigation, but i think coffee drinking competition is too similiar to eating contest.

Edit: Actually, i'll add. Ability to hold caffeine.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:41:19 am by Mlamlah »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 02:47:54 am »

Naruto :P.

Couldn't decide and its the last thing i watched before i went to bed.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 03:27:06 am »

That's eight, why don't we try to bring it up to 16?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 04:28:51 am »

Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

You have chess in there twice, and I suggest some form of piloting/driving. Possibly a pentathlon of vehicles?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10