Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 431577 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:06 am »

Oh wow, a Harvest Moon clone.

I've only played two of the games, but I love A Wonderful Life and the DS versions. Maybe now I can actually make the farm I've been wanting to in the games, and actually accomplish it. I've always found that the days are far too short to do everything I want to do.
Clone o.O Spiritual successor maybe but its much more than harvest moon, with this one you got coop, undless cave to explore/loot, crafting, thats only 3 feature that we know of that is more than harvest moon.

Needless to say, once this game is out, harvest moon will be considered classic andt shelved because this one will be much more ( it already is ).
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2013, 07:55:15 am »

SO MUCH YES...

Only one question... Release date is when?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2013, 09:42:47 am »

Oh wow, a Harvest Moon clone.

I've only played two of the games, but I love A Wonderful Life and the DS versions. Maybe now I can actually make the farm I've been wanting to in the games, and actually accomplish it. I've always found that the days are far too short to do everything I want to do.
Clone o.O Spiritual successor maybe but its much more than harvest moon, with this one you got coop, undless cave to explore/loot, crafting, thats only 3 feature that we know of that is more than harvest moon.

Needless to say, once this game is out, harvest moon will be considered classic andt shelved because this one will be much more ( it already is ).
Rune Factory seems to be taking more out of the Harvest Moon series than people do realized and with 4 having the same elements as HM: New Beginnings i might be just done with HM.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2013, 11:56:26 am »

The original Rune Factory was subtitled as 'A Fantasy Harvest Moon', if I remember correctly.  It was done as a more RPG-like spin-off from the traditional Harvest Moon formula, to increase interest in the setting.  In truth, I prefered Rune Factory over all the traditional Harvest Moon games that I'd played before then.

I am looking forward to Stardew Valley though. It has alot of the same features, but also a bunch of new stuff; although I hope it is customizable than the traditional HM setting.  I'd really like to be able to build my own houses and workshops, instead of just having a standard room that I get to decorate over and over again.  8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2013, 12:26:46 pm »

Release date: when it's done. :3
The demo has been skipped; full game is the goal!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2013, 06:12:36 pm »

Posting to watch.

I voted for Greenlight.

Also I played the heck out of GBA Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town.

The elves were crazy about flour. Give them lots of flour, and you pretty much have free labor forever.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2013, 06:15:37 pm »

Posting to watch.

I voted for Greenlight.

Also I played the heck out of GBA Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town.

The elves were crazy about flour. Give them lots of flour, and you pretty much have free labor forever.
Flour was cheap as all get-out as well, so yeah it was basically free labor.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Owed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2013, 03:04:28 am »

Some updates that have happened in the past few months.

New avatars and graphics, which you can see here, along with a new (but outdated in terms of avatars) trailer: http://stardewvalley.net/media/

New portraits and general news here: http://stardewvalley.net/

And if you really want to help Stardew Valley, vote for it to attend E3 here. :D It'll help a lot! http://indiescrashe3.com/nomination/6783988F-4793-8D2F-74C9-A232FA59176D

There's new stuff on the Greenlight page too, but that's in the OP. Great topic. :)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2013, 07:59:26 am »

In my experience with indie games a game without a release date is like a car with no wheels...

It might look solid at first glance but it's probably not going to get where it's supposed to be going.

I am disappointed that there's still no concrete plan for a release yet.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Owed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2013, 10:12:29 am »

In my experience with indie games a game without a release date is like a car with no wheels...

It might look solid at first glance but it's probably not going to get where it's supposed to be going.

I am disappointed that there's still no concrete plan for a release yet.

There's no release date because the entire game is being done by a single person and he probably genuinely can't ballpark exactly how much time it would take to complete every aspect of the game he would like to - music, code, writing and art. He has said '2013' definitely, though, and that he's over 50% complete.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2013, 10:15:03 am »

Seriously, man. Look at DF, and that statement becomes ridiculous.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2013, 11:10:21 am »

Dwarf Fortress is for all intents and purposes 'released'. It had a download page... It has several pages and a blog dedicated to giving you exact information regarding what is in the next update and roughly how complete it is.

Maybe you should rethink your argument there.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »

Fightin' words >:(

Posting to watch, though.  The only Harvest Moon I really liked was HM64, so if this one has good writing and so on I'll probably give it a look-see.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2013, 02:04:21 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is for all intents and purposes 'released'. It had a download page... It has several pages and a blog dedicated to giving you exact information regarding what is in the next update and roughly how complete it is.

I will not. Dwarf Fortress is, for all intents and purposes, an "alpha" product. Sure, you can download it and play it, but it is not even remotely finished, has a halfhearted roadmap and scatterbrained development. The "wheels" on DF all point in different directions. As for updates, Stardew Valley also has its own website dedicated to bringing you updates, and the info will get there when it gets there. DF and Stardew Valley look, at least to this outside perspective, to have parallel development schemes. Just be patient, and it will get here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2013, 09:30:26 pm »

I will not. Dwarf Fortress is, for all intents and purposes, an "alpha" product. Sure, you can download it and play it, but it is not even remotely finished, has a halfhearted roadmap and scatterbrained development. The "wheels" on DF all point in different directions. As for updates, Stardew Valley also has its own website dedicated to bringing you updates, and the info will get there when it gets there. DF and Stardew Valley look, at least to this outside perspective, to have parallel development schemes. Just be patient, and it will get here.

Dwarf Fortress has more 'game' in it than several hundred of the latest AAA titles all put together.

How many releases have you seen? Read here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/older_versions.html

There are releases going back all the way to 2006. If you download and played the 2006 version I think you'll agree that was an alpha. At this stage Dwarf Fortress is now it can hardly be called an alpha anymore. It is a game that gets fairly regular and major free updates (which many other companies would charge you for).

Now if you still insist on comparing an unfinished concept of a game with no release date that even at release will have a tiny insignificantly small amount of features in comparison to something which has been released, supported and refined for 7 entire years then I have nothing further to say to you because frankly that comparison is stark raving mad.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:35:12 pm by The13thRonin »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 91