Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 435298 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #1050 on: March 26, 2016, 08:43:33 pm »

I was really hoping that would be the Demetrius mod.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1051 on: March 27, 2016, 01:28:47 am »

Hey, I happened to see the appearance mod Diverse Stardew Valley and it reminded me of this post. It's still in progress though.

This is the BEST thing. I'm so super excited someone is doing this! My town will look so awesome!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 27, 2016, 02:03:12 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:43:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 28, 2016, 12:19:44 am »

I'm really looking forward to multiplayer, whenever that may be.  I didn't even realize it was being planned. I just found out today. But I'm really enjoying single player already!

Wolfeyez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 28, 2016, 04:53:52 pm »

I have to say Stardew Valley is the first game in a long time I have played a lot and I really enjoy it. I really do hope it comes out as a multi player.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 30, 2016, 11:49:10 pm »

Hey, I happened to see the appearance mod Diverse Stardew Valley and it reminded me of this post. It's still in progress though.

This is the BEST thing. I'm so super excited someone is doing this! My town will look so awesome!

Not diverse enough you speciests!

Joking, of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 30, 2016, 11:58:31 pm »

Pffft, I see they made Abigail a dragon to explain the whole quartz-eating thing. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 31, 2016, 12:11:33 am »

...Actually I really like that. Um. Thank you.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 31, 2016, 01:05:14 am »

That's actually ... really well done.

I'm pretty impressed at some of the portrait mods floating around, actually.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 31, 2016, 01:21:23 am »

I know, Elliott actually doesn't look like a douchebag in that mod. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 31, 2016, 01:23:19 am »

Joking, of course.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 31, 2016, 02:09:50 am »

Joking, of course.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope...

What is it with anthropomorphic things that makes some people go all "DO NOT WANT!"?

I myself find that mod quite interesting. (I am not a "furry" though. As if I need to tell people that.)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1062 on: March 31, 2016, 03:17:14 am »

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I think the animal portraits are cute (many of them are far more attractive than their human counterparts) and the art style is very well done - especially considering the artist says it's their first time doing pixel art. I might grab a few of them to add to my town, along with some of the non-white ones from the diversity mod. Especially Elliot... I might be able to handle his personality if he didn't look like such a gigantic douche.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 31, 2016, 04:13:50 am »

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I think the animal portraits are cute (many of them are far more attractive than their human counterparts) and the art style is very well done - especially considering the artist says it's their first time doing pixel art. I might grab a few of them to add to my town, along with some of the non-white ones from the diversity mod. Especially Elliot... I might be able to handle his personality if he didn't look like such a gigantic douche.
Knee-jerk response to the idea of furry representation? They haven't exactly been portrayed well, to say the least, I'm sure there a quite a few agreeable people out there who identify as other animals.
I have the same kinda' response whenever I hear the word 'Kawaii' used, ironically or not.
My Fav' is Willy the shark.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 31, 2016, 04:53:31 am »

I think the reason people react badly to anything anthropomorphic is cause of the stigma that is attached to it, such as Yiffing...

I myself are not a Furry nor do I have any desire to dress up in a costume of an animal and pretend to be one. BUT, I do see myself having a Bear as an alterego on the net, in both the way I address myself (AUSGrizzly) and how I choose my avatars. If I could draw or had someone that would draw for me, I am sure that I would be using an animated bear character for a Youtube channel face or such. It is though something both myself and others see me as. A large Bear. Parents call me that teasingly due to my hibernation like attitude (only coming out of my room/cave for food) and the size and shape of my body/facial hair. My GF sees me as a big ol'teddybear for hugs and snuggles and so forth...

Back on subject...
I LOVE that pixelart though, Elliot as a Lion makes him quite more approachable, Haley as a Cat shows off the fact she is standoffish until you get to know her. Abbie as a Dragon, just fits. Though it looks like Family Groups are not gonna be same species in the forum but based on their personalities. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing the others more similar in animal form but its not major...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 91