Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 435295 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #1095 on: April 02, 2016, 03:16:51 am »

In my case, I'll finish the CC by Autumn 2 and would probably be finishing it in Spring 2 if my trees had actually grown the way they were supposed to in the first year. I have one more item necessary for the pantry and maybe 7 or 8 necessary for the community board--and again, 5 of those are pieces of fruit. Yes, I've done the duck feather thing.

I realize that there's nowhere new to go. However, I also feel like topping out the difficulty curve in W1 in an almost-blind playthrough is not a good way to be. The really difficult achievements don't feel like a natural piece of the game anymore. Did I charge into it too hard? I don't know.

Nah, it's not you, I had the exact same experience. The dev has said that he plans on adding in more late game content though, because the late game is pretty thin as is.

When I say I feel frustrated with the endgame, I guess what I'm trying to really say is that I got excited and raced ahead, and then found out that the goals I had thought were so far away were actually really, really close. Now I'm at a bit of a loss.

That's the best way to put it. I wish I could go back and just take it more easy instead of pouring all my money into seeds and continually expanding during the first year.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 02, 2016, 04:13:09 am »

Oh no, why are people always coming up with valid compaints after I bought a game?

I knew I should've waited for multiplayer...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1097 on: April 02, 2016, 05:47:40 am »

Oh no, why are people always coming up with valid compaints after I bought a game?

Actually, I'd say you have an advantage, because the only real problem is if you rush to finish everything too quickly, you might run out of content sooner than you expect. You know that in advance now, so just take your time and enjoy it and it's a really excellent game. :)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 02, 2016, 05:54:42 am »

Actually, I'd say you have an advantage, because the only real problem is if you rush to finish everything too quickly, you might run out of content sooner than you expect. You know that in advance now, so just take your time and enjoy it and it's a really excellent game. :)
Well, one thing I want to know is whether or not there is a time limit on dating, since I kind of like Sebastian. On the other hand, I probably won't be very upset if he ends up with Abigail so long as he says more than one word at me when we talk.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1099 on: April 02, 2016, 06:10:49 am »

There are no time limits on anything. You can really take your time with everything in the game. There's some kind of an evaluation after 3 years but you keep going after that and you can re-do the evaluation anytime you want.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 02, 2016, 10:37:08 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:15:27 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 02, 2016, 01:37:42 pm »

I've been doing the whole "don't buy seeds from the shop" Sustainable Farm Challenge thing that folks mentioned a few pages back; generating every seed I plant using a (haxx'd in) seed machine, mixed seeds, bundle rewards, and forage seed recipes. So far, it's been a fun way of limiting how fast I work through the content; I'm just getting the first backpack at the end of Spring 1, which is fine by me.

I think I prefer the feel of sacrificing some of your produce in order to make more seeds, and it makes it exciting to see what kind of plants you get from found mixed seeds. I haven't really specialized either, which might help if some skills are better at generating absurd gold.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 02, 2016, 02:24:43 pm »

Yeah, if you go up the route that gets you artisan, you can get absurd money from wine.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 02, 2016, 03:00:37 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:14:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 02, 2016, 03:07:23 pm »

Yeah, if you go up the route that gets you artisan, you can get absurd money from wine.

I didn't actually end up deliberately going artisan, but yeah, at this point I'm making most of my money in mayonnaise, cheese, booze, and jelly, and I'm putting up honey-houses as fast as I can so that I can upgrade my animals' arrangements. I should *probably* invest in sprinklers, but I'm kind of waiting to jump straight to iridium in my greenhouse.

Yeah, the artisan route actually makes the animal route kinda useless, because I just turn all of my eggs into mayo anyways, and I get the price bump from artisan on it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 02, 2016, 03:10:50 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:14:26 pm by Vector »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 02, 2016, 07:11:04 pm »

I buy my seeds because I like Pierre and I don't like Morris.

Though a seed machine mod sounds useful.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 02, 2016, 07:13:07 pm »

You get the seed machine recipe without mods at Farming 9.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 02, 2016, 07:17:58 pm »

Also, if you want to mod it in from the start to do the challenge...

Here's how you do it.

Quote from: First how to get the save into a readable state
Step 1: Download Notepad++. Essential for any save editing.
Optional Step 2: Install the XML Tools plugin for Notepad++. This can be done via the plugin manager. It's not strictly necessary, but it makes save editing much friendlier.
Step 3: Backup your saves. Seriously. Always do this. Your saves are located under <user>\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\<name_####>\
Step 4: Open the save file in Notepad++. It should be the file with the same name as the directory.
Optional Step 5: Go to Plugins -> XML Tools -> Pretty Print (XML Only - with line breaks). See? Much more readable now.
The last step can take a few minutes. If the notepad++ window appears to not be showing anything after completing, drag all the way back to the left using the bottom scrollbar.

Do a search for
Code: [Select]
<Item xsi:nil="true" /> This is the code for an empty inventory space, you should see several of these. Prior to the first of these you should see the code for the last item you have in your toolbar. Remove one of these and replace with the following code.

Save the file and when you load the game you should now have a seed maker in your inventory.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 04, 2016, 01:26:11 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:53:37 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 91