Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 430070 times)

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2012, 11:08:17 am »

/// UPDATE ///

Hey guys and girls!
I bring you some fresh infos:

Building Placement Demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3pS0yK3UEGA

New Portraits:

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2012, 12:08:47 pm »

Is...is that Matt Smith?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2012, 02:56:39 pm »

The demo video looked really good, but the walk speed seems pretty slow. I remember in Harvest Moon I sprinted EVERYWHERE.

It would be nice to have a fast walk speed, sprint speed, and a "creep" speed for precision maneuvers.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 02:58:52 pm »

Games without stamina really need to give you a reason to walk.  I mean, who plays an RPG and walks through town on "walk"?  Everyone runs!  There's no reason to go slow!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2012, 03:05:52 pm »

Welp, still want to play it, looking great. A question, though: is there going to be a build time/effort required for the buildings or is it just click and place like in the video? I feel like there should be some sort of construction involved. Although, I guess there's a time sink already in the collection of the resources to build the building.

And just so you have an actual response about video embedding, nope, no video embedding on these forums.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2012, 07:04:44 pm »

I love seeing new farm-sim games being made...but I'm not seeing any features that Harvest Moon doesn't already have. And Harvest Moon's graphics have come a long way since it looked like this.

I just can't see myself playing this unless they come up with some original gameplay elements.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2012, 12:38:37 am »

I love seeing new farm-sim games being made...but I'm not seeing any features that Harvest Moon doesn't already have. And Harvest Moon's graphics have come a long way since it looked like this.

I just can't see myself playing this unless they come up with some original gameplay elements.
other than the fact you can build anywhere and the allowance of same-sex marriage?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2012, 12:45:31 am »

Posting to watch. I love Harvest Moon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2012, 02:03:30 am »

Harvest Moon is the best thing. It's still annoys me they axed the Best Friend stuff in Harvest Moon Cute. (In the US release, of course)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2012, 07:24:58 am »

And Harvest Moon's graphics have come a long way since it looked like this.

Well...
Ever since the Harvest Moon series hit DS, all the portable games have had pretty much the same graphics (Harvest Moon DS, Island of Happiness, Sunshine Islands, Grand Bazaar, Tale of Two Towns). They've all had the same awful super deformed sprites based on 3D models which are animated very poorly. Compare Harvest Moon DS (2005) and Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (2010) and they have completely identical ugly blobs as cows.

Of course, all the DS games so far have been pretty unpolished and prone to bugs. Sad after Tree of Tranquility (2007, Wii), which had excellent graphics and gameplay.

One reason I'm interested in this is because I've played loads of Harvest Moon games and with the exception of the Wii games, the latest games have really left the impression that they just don't care very much anymore.  :(

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2012, 05:32:33 pm »

Great ive been garanteed an early build for promotion as soon he is feature complete :D. Better start learning french if you are interested in watching my futur videos. I might stray and make a double let's play one in french and one in english.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2012, 07:40:26 am »

Great ive been garanteed an early build for promotion as soon he is feature complete :D. Better start learning french if you are interested in watching my futur videos. I might stray and make a double let's play one in french and one in english.
//throws a dufflebag over jocan's head before draggin him away. Returns moments later wearing a Jocan mask ala TF2 Spy style..// Ahem.... Gentlemen...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2012, 05:44:12 am »

// UPDATE //

Heya!  :)

You can read a rather interesting interview with Eric Barone, the creator of the game on this website:
http://kristi78968.wordpress.com/2012/10/07/interview-with-eric-barone-creator-of-stardew-valley/

He gives answers to following questions:

Question 1: To make the readers more familar with yourself, who are you?
Question 2: What is Stardew Valley exactly?
Question 3: What program are you using to make the game?
Question 4: How much do you think the game will be once it’s released?
Question 5: Since the game is based off Harvest Moon, which was your favorite one?
Question 6: Will Stardew Valley be on any other platforms besides Steam? (Example: Desura)
Question 7: What made you actually want to make your own game?
Question 8: For the final question, if the game becomes a huge success, can we expect more games from you?

Also: don't forget to vote for the game on Steam's Greenlight!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93285018&searchtext=

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2012, 10:26:32 am »

For the final question, if the game becomes a huge success, can we expect more games from you?
Yes! I like to think of Stardew Valley as a “first step”… I’ve learned a lot about making games in the process, and I would love to apply what I’ve learned to grander and more wonderful things!

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2012, 02:58:16 pm »

I do hope this game gets released because it seems that there is a lack of farming games in general.
The only ones I recall that I like are: Sim Farm, Harvest moon and the Rune Factory series....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 91