Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 26299 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

By this thread I am starting new community game. Join us as starting seven, or as a migrant, everyone's wellcome here. Those who join embark team, can also request skills and supplies to be taken.
Mostly I like the idea of good and evil biomes intersecting in one location.

Today, at the year of 101, to the century of His Magesty, The King of The Dyes of Stabilizing, Ingish Craftrooms' rulership, a settlers expedition was ordered to be sent.
The destination point was chosen by His Highness himself:

The expedition's goals are
 - To dominate over location and build His Magesty's future residence,
 - To show the filthy elves (west), arrogant humies (southeast) and cousins dwarves of other branch (eastern mountains) the Glory and Power of our frozen halls.
 -  To repell the spreading goblin civilization The Seducer of Gripping (south) over the gulf of Diminished Waters. We confronted them before, and we can't tolerate their raise in power.

Fun facts about our civilization
- We live in frozen mountains completely, so it's like a journey to the health resort - from freezing to just cold. Expect the summer nostalgia about snow thawing.
- Our general Mestthos Ageshame spent years traveling in the depths of world, taming various cave creatures. In 89 she profaned the temple of  Mountain Home and was cursed to be were-squirrel. Later she was exiled and after year of wandering was killed by human warrior.
- His Highness also visited that temple in 25, and later there were some suspicions about mysterious murders, but everything calmed down when His Magesty laid series of oppresive severe, but fair edicts.

Dorf list (Dwarf, Profession - owner):
   Peregar, Architect and Record Keeper  - Dead to winged slug
   Nix, Swordsdorf - Dead to winged slug, has risen as ghost and claims a tomb
   NCommander, Planter/Armorer - Killed by ore boulder, dumped into shaft
   Duke, Miner/Woodburner - Dead to pig tail sock of undead ogress
   Pitchblende, Miner - Dead to infection, after broken bones from fall.
   BFEL, Wood, Gem and Booze cutter - Driven insane by ghost of her lover, Nix, dead, has risen as ghost and claims a tomb
   Tirion, Marksdwarf, Engineer, captain of archers, Killer of winged Slug! Went insane
   Broken, one-legged swordsdwarf, captain of fighters. Dead to Double Beast Attack
   ShadeNight, Engraver, Baroness
   Peregarrette, posessed bowmaker, manager and record keeper.
   InsanityIncarnate, cheif medic dead to magma crab
   GreatWyrmBismuthBronze, posessed lyemaker, unlucky captain of archers. Trampled by undead horse
   Delioth II, Hammerdwarf - Dead to infection after fighting temple undeads
   Tirion, Speardwarf Under Control. Dead to Double Beast Attack, killed a lot as zombie
   Pitchblende II, BattleMiner with steel pick, captain of fighters. Driven insane after Zombie Apocalypse
   Tirion III, posesed militia commnder
   Carric, legendary armorer
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:07:39 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Evil - yet another Community Game. Pre-Embark dorfing is open!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:59:52 am »

Please dorf me as a warrior, a swordsdwarf, named Nix.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 07:07:39 am »

Please dorf me as a warrior, a swordsdwarf, named Nix.
Done!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:52:26 am »

Supply records of expedition "The Inks of Practicing"
Dear sir.
In compliance with His Magesty King Ingish's order, I kindly request the expedition to be formed and properly supplied. See the Appendix I for crew and supply list.

Appendix I.
Crew:
 Peregar the Record Keeper, Building designer + Mechanic + Ambusher
 Nix the Swordsdorf, Swordsman+Shiled user+Dodger, Weaponsmith
 Two Miners
 Grower + Armorsmith
 Brewer + Gem Cutter + Wood cutter
 Carpenter + Mason
Supplies:
 Steel anvil
 2 picks, axe
 60 units of drinks
 seeds
 malachite and cassiterite ore, 5 units
 tower-cap logs, 10 units
 various food supply

Yours, Peregar the Record Keeeper.

Signed with red ink:
Give them what they want and kick them outta here!
Castellan of His Magesty.

By the Power of The Dyes of Stabilizing
and
His Magesty Ingish Craftrooms,
I name this place PaintedCrypts!

Ahem... It's a good sign, right?

Granite, 101
After long journey to the north we finally arrived at the nothern bay of  Diminished Waters.
Me and my guard Nix are to make those peasants working and build here a nice fortress. Don't know why this place was chosen, actually.
everything is calm around. The only movement is the tiny crab crawling at snow. Never thought crabs like playing in snow, but maybe this one have no choice - sea is frozen to the bottom.
Just like our sweet home glacier.
Our wagon has stopped at the tiny hill with a few trees on it. Trees to the east are long-dead and dry, trees to the west look normal.
At the south we see a long tongue of frozen ocean cut deeply into the soil. Everything is covered with white snow.
To the work!
Spoiler: Peregar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Frozen dwarf blood is falling from the sky. This is definitely NOT the good sign. I ordered to dig the hole underground and store everything there.

Miners dug down and met the aquifer. Luckily, it was easily avoidable, they found kaolunite clusters that hold off the water. And digging down they broke into the cavern. Very wet cavern, and full of moss. At least we won't have problems with water here.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:40:22 am by peregarrett »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 09:33:35 am »

I'll take a dwarf, preferably any red/green or purple.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:51:41 am »

I'll take a dwarf, preferably any red/green or purple.
Huh?
Actually, we're all red here, because of blood snow.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: PaintedCrypt, Good and Evil zone. [Community game]
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 11:21:07 am »

I like my dorf.  Distant and reserved, I like that. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 02:05:28 pm »

Slate, 101
Things are going well. Just once we were disturbed by undead opossum. It was then disposed by leader of miners (he calls himself an 'expedition leader' bu we all know whoIS the leader here. I don't care). Actually, he killed it in accident, just swinging his pick in disgust. He still haven't recovered from stress of undead's attack and freakish weather.

But that incident made me worry about defences. I'm making raising bridge to block the gate, and Nix making equipment for himself. He has shield and bronze sword, and still working at the forge.

West shore of gulf has all snow thawed, while eastern is still covered with white red.

Pixie swarm is flying around undead opossum's corpse. It is disturbing.

Peregrine falcon fights undead peregrine falcon. I'm betting on alive one.

NCommander, we've got 2 miners, carpenter/mason, planter and brewer. Who is red enough for you?

NLDR, I chose him because of muscularity, but I'm glad you're happy with him.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:15:33 pm by peregarrett »

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 03:04:56 pm »

Can get dorfed as a miner?

Bataille

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 05:16:51 pm »

Hey, I'd like either a wrestler or hunter/butcher dwarf named Duke.

Probably wont last very long as a hunter though...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 09:52:18 pm »

Can I be the brewer/gemmer/woodcutter?

I cut the booze
I brew the gems
I encrust the trees
I get confused golly gee! XD I hope he has a personality to support this :P
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:59:02 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 12:40:07 am »

Everyone is dorfed!
Spoiler: Pitchblende (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NCommander (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BFEL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Duke (click to show/hide)

Felsite, 101
We were swarmed by undead falcons. They annoy, but don't do any harm, except for having to drop everything you carry and hide.
Woodcutter - she calls herself BFEL - cut one in half with her axe, and second miner who introducted himself as Duke smashed another with his pick. Also, that miner who killed first possum calls himself Pitchblende.
We're all getting closer to each other here...

Sea thawed. It's quite deep here, 4 z-Urists at lowest point.

Peregrine's corpse has risen and sneaked inside. Mason punched it and took out.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:52:16 am by peregarrett »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 07:03:53 am »

Ok so I'm female, have the most confusing mix of professions ever, enjoy the wood that is harvested from the wood of a mango tree (but not the wood direct from the tree, no) and hate snails while liking their shells. Oh and I pity people while not actually helping them.

THIS IS GONNA BE FUN

"Granite 1-0-something
So we got to this wonderful new stretch of land after traveling along those bumpy mountain roads.
Its so nice and warm here. And warm. I mean sure it looks kinda scary over to the east over there but other then over there this place is great. Heck the snow is only a foot deep. There was a loud rumble a minute ago, probably a cavern collapsing, geologic structure is unstable here but its nice and warm.
I feel kinda sad though because there's kinda only seven of us kinda. Oh well I'm sure more people will come when they see how warm it is in this warm place. When I heard it was warmer here I was hoping there would be mango trees, but I don't think I see any mango trees with any nice mango wood wood. Too bad. But this is kinda cool, there's blood falling from the sky. I licked it and like I thought its dwarf blood. Can tell its dwarf blood because dwarf blood tastes vaguely like alcohol and has a more metallic taste then human blood, and a lot more metallic then elf blood. Peregar is a little freaked out about it but I think it looks pretty, like snail shells, but not like snails, they have nice shells but they look ugly when they aren't wearing shells. Well I gotta go, they just found a way through the aquifer and right into a cavern, probably the one that collapsed, it likely has some leftover water from being soaked in the aquifer for so long. Ok bye."

If your wondering I'm running with a few concepts based on her bio
1. Because of the mango wood wood thing, she repeats herself a bunch. A bunch.
2. Because of the rarely excited thing she isn't fazed by much
3. Because of her odd mix of professions, I assume she knows a little bit of everything. Yes including the different tastes of different species blood :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:31:09 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 07:12:11 am »

Hematite, 101
A herd of undead horses came from the north. I ordered everyone hide inside and locked the gate. Those hoovers can be deadly!

Malachite, 101
We've received first party of migrants! Horses moved far away by the time, so it's safe to open the gate and let them in.
Some of them have fighting skills, so Nix's squad should be expanded. also they brought four children, don't know why. I hope they grow up soon.

Somehow horses heard the sound of opening bridge and turned back. But y the time they came it was closed again! Screw you, stinky hoovers! But those zombies looks more clever than I thought

We tried to dig down to caverns, but the aquifer continues even under the cavern floor. I've never seen that before!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 07:52:55 am »

"Slate 101 (thanks for reminding me Peregar.)
Well we've been here a month now and something I've never seen before happened now. The snow left. Weird. It seems warmer now. Oh and that miner killed a undead opossum. Opossums emit a very sweet odor when they are alive, I wonder what it smelled like after it was animated? But anyway I talked to him and he said he just mined it like he normally mines things. I wonder if that would work with Axey-ax? Oh a falcon fought another falcon, but the one falcon was an undead falcon and the other falcon wasn't a undead falcon, it was a living breathing falcon. I think Peregar is wrong, the animated one will hurt the other one bad. Didn't see what happened though, I was watching the pixies that were around the opossum. The smell must still be sweet."

I hope you don't mind me doing my own logs of events peregarrett, I probably should have asked first but it was too tempting to resist.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18