Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 26297 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Ooops. We've had an... accident.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see. Good thinking with the hatch, it's surprisingly easy to thwart a demon invasion with those  ;) . Is the FPS tolerable?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Bugger.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The breach into hell badly affected our morale. One recruit turned berserk and got quickly killed by his squadmates:

Another recruit have fallen into deep depression.

Good thing that dwarven caravan successfully got to our depot, had their trade and safely made out. Also they took our gift to King - mostly copper goblets and chains.

I see. Good thinking with the hatch, it's surprisingly easy to thwart a demon invasion with those  ;) . Is the FPS tolerable?
Yes, quite playable, but I turned FPS counter off, I hate having those numbers on my screenshots.

I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5th Slate, 115
We were awaken with the sound of trumpets, horns, fanfares and drums, coming from south and echoing all over. "What's that?" - asked everyone, but none answers, until a group of migrants made to our gate.
- The King! The King!
- Wha... Ahem... Uhm... GUARDS! Line at the gate, prepare to salute His Majesty! Lower the main bridge - His Majesty should NOT stumble over undeads bodies at trap-walk!

Me, ShadeNight and Edzul, the mayor climbed to the top of castle watching his arrive. First came four king's guards, and then His Majesty stepped into the gate.
Spoiler: The King (click to show/hide)

He nod to the guards saluting him and descended to our old dining hall. And was greeted with that cursed bone hammer artifact trap!

Everyone held their breath in terror. His Majesty studies that hammer for a few very very long and quiet minutes, and then smiled wide, showing his long pointy teeth.
- Great joke! And great piece of art, of course. Who's the author?
- Well, she died thirteen years ago, Your Majesty. An accident with undead invasion... one of the many.
- Too bad. The picture is great and shows a talent. Though it's not quite precise - I wasn't a vampire when became a king. That happened about 70 or so year after that.
- So... Your Majesty... You are actually a vampire?
- Just look at me. - His Majesty smiled again - What evidence do you need else? But don't care, the rate people are dying here makes my feed casualities almost unnoticeable. And, while we're on the topic - don't even think of planning any accidents with me. Have you seen my guards? They are legendary warriors, you know, but no one of them can defeat me. Actually, everyone of them tried and joined my guard only if suddenly survived that attempt. So, do you get it?
- Ahem.. yes, Your Majesty.
- Good. So, where is to be my throne room?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:50:10 am by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your vampire king is awesome. And useful, if you have to deal with undead.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your vampire king is awesome. And useful, if you have to deal with undead.
Undeads aren't the threat now, but I still want him to fight demons. Since he likes flame brutes...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This thing is still going. A bit slowly, but still.
Not much notable happenned here. King Ingish became a mayor and sucked previous mayor dry. Carric is making adamantine armor parts, when king hasn't mandated piccolos or battle axes.
Now we're waiting for militia to fully dress in adamantine.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Self-bump.

That is how political intrigues are carried out here:

No other witnesses were found.

Also. Peregarrette were killed by undeads while gathering something outside. What have made her out of safety of fortress? No one knows also.

And we're short of adamantine. Carric haven't finished adamantine mail shirts task - the problem is that it requires far more adamantine than our exractors can produce.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

It's like Game of Thrones! But with vampires instead of incest!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like the game died not to demons, but to FPS eaten by them. I tried to skirmish the hell with all forces I had and that was quite spectacular (although slow as hell!), Ingish chopped a leg of some fire brute and was burned by another one, but when all soldiers died, demons refused to swarm into the fortress and continued eating the FPS. So there were no wonderful demon invasion into defenceless fortress, there were beardy slowpokez instead.

And later it crashed, throwing the things back to the time before failed skirmish, and I don't have a mood to repeat it. So, I consider this game suspended (still keep the save from that time, just for keeping that). Maybe will continue it next time.

If you want, can post the latest save for those who's curious.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2013, 02:41:05 pm »

Please upload the save! :D

oh.  Set a hotkey to center in on where the demons are waiting-I want to play some checkers with them. :D
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2013, 12:36:44 am »

ok, here it is
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7399
Feel free to ask about design and such
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]