Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 26296 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: PaintedCrypt, Good and Evil zone. [Community game]
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 09:09:36 am »

Granite 102
Another party of migrants came. I guess we should expand the dormitory. Or even dig personal quarters for everyone. Ok, lets see how many new faces we've got..

Holy carp!!!....

I doubt the mental abilities of those migrants. I just have seen as one of them was trying to fish in our well...
Anyway, some of them have military skill, so - new military has been formed!

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:45:52 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 09:28:07 am »

Draft all of those migrants into the military.

Do you plan on grabbing the candy sword?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 09:48:33 am »

Not sure if it's sword or anything else... Oh, it's two-handed masterwork sword! Of course I will grab it!

Slate, 102
One of rangers was hunting wild camels at the surface. Suddenly a just killed camel reanimated in his hands and attacked him. Luckily there was second hunter who shot the 'prey'.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:01:37 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 10:01:06 am »

Not sure if it's sword or anything else... Oh, it's two-handed masterwork sword! Of course I will grab it!
Pretty sure it's always a masterwork candy sword.
Also...look up SpiralDementia's tale if you don't mind spoilers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 10:17:25 am »

Pretty sure it's always a masterwork candy sword.
Also...look up SpiralDementia's tale if you don't mind spoilers.
Couldn't find it.
Well, I know what this thing do, but never tried it myself. So, when we are prepared....

Felsite 102
Wounds of the hunter were too serious, so he died.

Elven caravan at the gates! Shit, I must have set the depot OUTSIDE, to let them try their magic on undeads...

Wow, Nix, that was quite an action!

-We've come to trade!
- Oh, sure! We have a very special resourse to trade with you.. Nix, come here. You see, this steel sword? How much would you value the chance to see it and leave? Good, you're nice to deal with!

BFEL has discovered the deep pit. Those caverns are crazy maze!

Moldath the Mason gor fey mood. At least this WON'T be bone hammer, or useles stone bijouterie.

I set chests at the hospital, and guys rushed to fill it with sutures...

Moldath made kaolinite quern, with an image of dwarf on it. Ok, at least we can mill dimple cups and get dye.

We started mining the native silver! at last!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:03:32 pm by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 12:37:03 pm »

Felsite 102

One of my fellow hunters died to wounds, but I'll avenge him, just give me enough silver bolts. We finally started to mine the native silver, it'll be ideal for ammunitions and blunt weapons.

I dreamed with the temple in the caverns again. I saw the sword I glimpsed down there with crystal clarity. It was whispering to me, calling me closer.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 12:52:48 pm »

Dorf me as an axedorf or some other type of soldier. Either gender is fine.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 02:37:30 pm »

Did the elves have any Mango wood wood? :P
Also any gems cut yet?
If so, prepare for beer to taste like them.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:25 pm »

Story time.

From the journal of Pitchblende Tobulbatôk.

Granite 101

We have arrived. The King decided it was time to compensate for the stubble he calls a beard. Some guy named Peregar decided that he was the leader around here, I would argue, but his big friend kinda scared me. He told me our objectives are to show the Elves, Dwarves of the eastern mountains, and demon worshipping Humans how amazing we are, by digging out a hole in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and there was something about stamping out the local goblin infesation.

Slate 101

I got attacked by an undead opossum. The weather also consists of blood rain. Our woodcutter BFEL asked me how I killed the opossum, I just said that I swung my pick at it like it was a stone. She also asked me if I could the ask outpost liason to bring some mango wood wood. I have no idea what that is, I assured her I would, even though I have no intention of doing so.

I hate this place.

Felsite 101

BFEL just bisected an undead falcon in one swing.

Might have to consider asking the liason about that mango wood wood.

Galena 101

While I was hauling some water buffalo bones to the refuse stockpile, a fluffy wambler burst out of a falcon corpse!

I didn't know whether to say "aww" or scream in terror. I settled for "aww".

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 12:26:23 am »

This isn't the first fort I've been in where my dorf's had a romance with another named dorf. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 02:31:29 am »

This isn't the first fort I've been in where my dorf's had a romance with another named dorf.
maybe I should give you "Casanova" title?  :D

Did the elves have any Mango wood wood? :P
Also any gems cut yet?
If so, prepare for beer to taste like them.
No mango at all. But sunshine and sun berries! and other brewable berries.
We cut every gem that miners dig, just to make dorfs busy.

I didn't know whether to say "aww" or scream in terror. I settled for "aww".
We took two fluffy wamblers (male and female) from elves. Well.. how to breed them?

Dorf me as an axedorf or some other type of soldier. Either gender is fine.
I dorfed you as swordsdorf. Broken Swordsdorf sounds cool.
Spoiler: Broken (click to show/hide)

Things are going dull. Our gate is open, and no undeads in sight. We've half-finished Tower-At-Sea project, but the ice melt before we finished last floor of it, and sea flooded it back. Waiting for next winter to finish.

We've dug magma tank and filled it from sea. And even cast there obsidian block, for safety. No magma creatures will sneak in!
Since it's too much work to get magma up there, we need the delivery shute to deliver ore down to smelters. Working on it..

Pitchblende spents all his free time being sweety-sweety with wluffy wamblers in cages. I'll move them somewhere away from my sight!
By the way, he was removed from position of 'expedition leader'. We have a 'mayor' now - some Urist who's great butcher and quite good gem cutter.

BFEL changing her professions monthly, if not quicker. Today she's woodcutter, tomorrow she's brewer, next day she's gem cutter. How can Nix get along with her?...

We're digging living quarters at first cavern level. A lot of kaolinite for Tower project, and nice 2x2 rooms for everyone. We're at population 64 currently

I told no undeads near? Hunt gives us enough! Dorfs was annoyed with giant bat what flew into our tunnels. I sent the squad who quickly took it down, and some guy movet the corpse to refuse pile. Then it reanimated and attacked. Before squad caught it, it tore the arm of out engraver, who's bled to death then.

Then the bat rose again and tore the foot of Broken, another swordsdorf. Broken is broken, huh.
And the hand of engraver has risen too, but didn't do any harm.
The rest of squad finished everything and stayed on duty while the bodies were moved to refuse.

While digging the delivery shute, Pitchblende fell and broke the leg and hand. Oh.

Another undead ogress came. It looks uninterested now, but we all know how dangerous they are. I'm building the airlock for merchants and migrants, to let them in safely.

Nix killed gorlak. I'm tired of cavern beasts running into our quarters!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:39:30 am by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 04:53:13 am »

Do I have any kills yet?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 06:24:17 am »

Do I have any kills yet?
Nope. You've lost your bolts somewhere, and was makimng mechanisms on repeat. After we start smelting, I'll make you captain of archer squad. Now you're making mechanisms on repeat, and gained skilled mechanic skill.

Malachite 102
Kitten Thob (who's been someone's pet, but his owner is dead now. Dunno who it was) went out and met that undead ogress. Not all old ladies love cats!
We locked the door while the ogre is busy with kitty. But we also locked inside wild peregrine falcon and it ocassionally annoys citizens. But if I order to kill it, it will raise as zombie and will do a lot of disaster.

I think I should form archers squad. Tirion is ready to lead it. Meet - The Papers of Church, marksdwarf squad! I personally joined it. Though we have a few crossbows and no bolts at all.
BTW, Nix's squad is named The Nets of Flax.

Mayor mandated two spears to be made. I think that hammers and maces are better againist unedads, but spears are useful too.

Cheif medic finally examined Pitchblende. He has also lower spine fracture, and brokenbones got infection. Things are bad for poor Pitchblende... I'll look if we can make some soap...

Some child got enraged by that falcon and smashed it into wall. True dwarf!

Migrants came from west. Undead dingoes - from east. The airlock still not finished. Cross your fingers!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:15:32 am by peregarrett »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 07:09:44 am »

Damn right you better :P

But anyway since I haven't been active I guess I'll just skip to about where we are now. She was busy changing professions every five seconds after all! No time to keep a diary.

"Sometime 102
Well lots has happened since I last wrote in this thing before all the things happened, I started seeing that swordguy Nix, he doesn't know much about much but he knows MUCH about using his sword. I learned alot of new things about brewing things, and cutting things. Nix says I should use a sword to cut things, but swords are too big to cut little things like gems and Axey-Axe works better on mango wood wood. Oh and falcons. Well zombie ones at least, not sure about the live ones. Theres one I might try it on around the fort but Peregar said not to. Stupid elves are so stupid not bringing any mango, they brought everything else! I like that Nix punished them by taking all their stuff, even if it isn't good stuff but its good punishment for those stupid hippy elf hippies! We discovered things underground, a weird structure that seems to be constructed of what I can only guess is that weird slade stuff they talk about back in the Mountainhomes. This place is starting to be really really nice with the disappearing snow (the stupid hippy elf called it melting, but hes stupid so I don't know if hes a good source of not-stupid information) and the dwarves. Oh its nice to have lots of dwarves back in this nice place, it makes it nice. Oh and one of the one guys keeps going toward that structure talking about swords as much as Nix does. I heard about that, some kind of psychological effects on dwarves when they are near slade stuff too much, I heard. Oh and now theres wamblers and a kitten that is going to die when that undead ogress hurts it a bunch. I wonder if undead kittens make good pets...probably not but they seem to like being pets so much when they are alive and pets. Also that new mayor guy I voted against because he doesn't like mango wood wood but he still got voted in because others voted for him and his non mango wood woody visited me and told me that he likes gems, and he likes booze, but he doesn't like booze that taste like gems. What an odd campaign slogan. Oh well at least hes thinking of re-election, unlike all those overseer people you hear so much about. Not the ones like Peregar though, he didn't quit after a year. Well ok gotta go brew some more kaolinite."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:15:26 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 08:02:44 am »

Damn right you better :P

But anyway since I haven't been active I guess I'll just skip to about where we are now. She was busy changing professions every five seconds after all! No time to keep a diary.

"Sometime 102
Well lots has happened since I last wrote in this thing before all the things happened, I started seeing that swordguy Nix, he doesn't know much about much but he knows MUCH about using his sword. I learned alot of new things about brewing things, and cutting things. Nix says I should use a sword to cut things, but swords are too big to cut little things like gems and Axey-Axe works better on mango wood wood. Oh and falcons. Well zombie ones at least, not sure about the live ones. Theres one I might try it on around the fort but Peregar said not to. Stupid elves are so stupid not bringing any mango, they brought everything else! I like that Nix punished them by taking all their stuff, even if it isn't good stuff but its good punishment for those stupid hippy elf hippies! We discovered things underground, a weird structure that seems to be constructed of what I can only guess is that weird slade stuff they talk about back in the Mountainhomes. This place is starting to be really really nice with the disappearing snow (the stupid hippy elf called it melting, but hes stupid so I don't know if hes a good source of not-stupid information) and the dwarves. Oh its nice to have lots of dwarves back in this nice place, it makes it nice. Oh and one of the one guys keeps going toward that structure talking about swords as much as Nix does. I heard about that, some kind of psychological effects on dwarves when they are near slade stuff too much, I heard. Oh and now theres wamblers and a kitten that is going to die when that undead ogress hurts it a bunch. I wonder if undead kittens make good pets...probably not but they seem to like being pets so much when they are alive and pets. Also that new mayor guy I voted against because he doesn't like mango wood wood but he still got voted in because others voted for him and his non mango wood woody visited me and told me that he likes gems, and he likes booze, but he doesn't like booze that taste like gems. What an odd campaign slogan. Oh well at least hes thinking of re-election, unlike all those overseer people you hear so much about. Not the ones like Peregar though, he didn't quit after a year. Well ok gotta go brew some more kaolinite."
Damn you, I almost hear llike she chirps this constantly without stops.
Anytime our military guys have some serious work to do, you go to "calm" and "cheer" them with small talk. It awakes an internal rage !!!
I gave you title of "Wood, Gem and Booze cutter", btw.

Migrants made here well. And airlock is done. I had to stop some guys from hunting and fishing, though - it's a complete madness to go fishing when undeads are everywhere

Broken was 'fixed' with crutch. He's still unhappy

Galena, 102
Ghostly Macedwarf Erush Mosusokol has risen and is haunting the fortress!
I guess it's that macedwarf from caravan that got killed by ogre. But I thought we already killed and buried his undead body.. Ok, lets just make the slab.

Human caravan has come! well... do we have something to sell, by the way?

Humies came. They entered our airlock and are unloading in depot.
Undead kangaroos was curious and came to watch. Their cold glare of rotten eyes scares everydwarf.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:17:51 am by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18