Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AirMech - An online free ARTS!  (Read 1190 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
AirMech - An online free ARTS!
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »

I've been playing this and having fun, and I didn't see anything about it in the first 4 pages, so I made a thread about it. Anyone else here play it?

AirMech is a game developed by Carbon Games which revolves around the use of your interchangeable aircraft/ground mech to overwhelm and conquer the enemy. The Action part of ARTS comes from the fighting of the other players or AIs either in the air or in ground mech combat, while the RTS part is from producing units, controlling parts of the map by capturing and fortifying bases with units, and using basic commands (Hold Position, Attack Opponent base, Secure nearest capturable base for capturing, Follow unit, and Patrol) to direct the units individually, except for infantry which just move toward bases to capture them.

It is currently free and available for download for Windows, with an alternative of using Chrome (Supposedly the Chrome version is laggier). The Steam version of the beta requires purchasing either the starter bundle or the beta bundle from steam instead of in-game, once its out of beta (if I read on their forums correctly) it'll be part of Steam's F2P section.

WTF Is...AirMech? from TotalBiscuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlMsyOsWN50
Video from HuskyStarcraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKnAcSAoRiU
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AirMech - An online free ARTS!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:16 pm »

Third thread for this, heh. *slow clap, in jest*

I need to get around to actually seeing if the thing'll run on this computer...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AirMech - An online free ARTS!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:38:38 pm »

And the last thread was on the fourth page too.

I quite enjoy the game, although I haven't played much recently. Just a note, moneymakers are the way to go.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?