Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nexus 2: The Gods Awaken - Kickstarter  (Read 5678 times)

pazuzu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 2: The Gods Awaken - Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 09:13:35 pm »

Wow looking forward to this.

Though i would have preferred Imperium Galactica 3 haha, i really think they had something going with that series.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 03:04:21 am »

Looking forward to this, hope it is as good as I remember the first one being. Maybe I should replay the original, has anyone here played it recently? how does it hold up these days?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 04:56:30 am »

I bought it off GoG but haven't had much time. I only did the first two missions or so. There's a way to get it working with wide-screen resolutions. It looks decent, but isn't glorious by any stretch. Your mileage may vary, since I couldn't care less about graphics. I play everything on minimum, so all games look like they're from 2000 or something ;)

I was never into the controls much, but they still work. I don't think time has detracted much from it! The criticisms I had back in the day are still here, but I can't add anything new really :)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 09:05:24 am »

Graphics as such don't phase me as long as the resolution is high enough. I can put up with light detail at a high resolution but anything below 1024 or so I find almost unplayable now :(
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 03:05:05 am »

So it turns out nexus is not that game I thought it was. In fact despite having owned the boxed copy for years and a steam copy because I remembered I liked the game and steam is just easier, it seems I've never played it before.
Or at least nothing in the first three missions has rung any bells.

Is fun so far though, even though I don't really know what I'm doing. So I'll probably keep backing the kickstarter. Not that it looks like the kickstarter will be successful at this rate.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 04:48:22 am »

That's pretty hilarious Shades. What game did you think it was? Is it even remotely like this? Because I'm interested in stuff remotely like Nexus :)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 09:26:13 am »

That's pretty hilarious Shades. What game did you think it was? Is it even remotely like this? Because I'm interested in stuff remotely like Nexus :)

I can't even recall which game it was. Although fleet control was similar (not as detailed for targeting or with the automation settings), I remember it also had more empire building aspects too (outposts, shipbuilding and I think research too, although as I'm on the third mission nexus might have those aspects too). I'm going to have to hunt it down.

As an aside you might like the star wolves series, assuming you can put up with the terrible terrible voice acting.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 01:15:44 pm »

Perhaps you were playing O.R.B.? or maybe the Homeworld series.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 01:41:12 pm »

Think of how quickly humans would change if we could design new organs on-demand.

now I wish I didn't.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 02:33:01 pm »

I loved Nexus. The pacing and presentation (not the story) reminded me a lot of Babylon 5 back when I played it. The combat was more deliberate than a typical RTS, and I grew very attached to the ships I commanded.

Really hope that they can get this off the ground.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »

Yeah, me too. I'm worried that they have a hardcore fanbase but not really any widespread appeal. They got 75k in a couple of days, and it looks stopped to me now.

But let's hope! :)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 08:29:14 am »

They probably need more exposure.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 04:39:29 am »

Perhaps you were playing O.R.B.? or maybe the Homeworld series.

Wasn't homeworld, which was a wonderful series imo. Hadn't heard of O.R.B, which is a remarkably hard term to search for, I assume you mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O.R.B:_Off-World_Resource_Base ? as that looks like a homeworld like game. I'll have to try and locate a copy of it.

I might have been thinking of Haegemonia: Legions of Iron but that seems quite different really.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 05:43:45 am »

The problem with most space RTS is that the galactic scale typically means you are massively zoomed out most of the time. I vaguely remember playing Haegemonia, and I think it looked awesome if you were ever close to the battle, but you never really were. All I ever saw were icons. I also played O.R.B. but don't have any proper recollections of it.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 05:45:44 am »

The problem with most space RTS is that the galactic scale typically means you are massively zoomed out most of the time. I vaguely remember playing Haegemonia, and I think it looked awesome if you were ever close to the battle, but you never really were. All I ever saw were icons. I also played O.R.B. but don't have any proper recollections of it.

Nexus, the original, actually looks amazing zoomed-in. Yes, present tense.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 [2] 3