Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Making Useless Labors Useful--Version 0.2  (Read 10082 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Making Useless Labors Useful--Version 0.2
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 09:17:07 am »

Could you make pygmy dwarf require alcohol?  Like a big dwarf [haha] needing to dump alcohol onto them for them to grow?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2012, 03:02:08 pm »

You could hae bee armor through some kind of wasp- such as the nests or materials they build useable as some kind or armor (Like, super wasps. Strong-as-bronze nests.

You could also have some kind of hive-able spider that gives a threadable metal, sort of like anti-candy in that it sucks for edges but is fantastic for blunt weaponry.

In fact, cavern hivespiders could be seen in "GCS Egg Sacs" located in caverns, webs appear and so do "abandoned egg sacs" where minispiders live.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2012, 03:43:14 pm »

Could you make pygmy dwarf require alcohol?  Like a big dwarf [haha] needing to dump alcohol onto them for them to grow?
Not to my knowledge.

You could hae bee armor through some kind of wasp- such as the nests or materials they build useable as some kind or armor (Like, super wasps. Strong-as-bronze nests.

You could also have some kind of hive-able spider that gives a threadable metal, sort of like anti-candy in that it sucks for edges but is fantastic for blunt weaponry.

In fact, cavern hivespiders could be seen in "GCS Egg Sacs" located in caverns, webs appear and so do "abandoned egg sacs" where minispiders live.
How would I do the third part?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2012, 04:05:12 pm »

Theoretically, however beehives are naturally generated, named, and populated would be changed to happen within caverns, named GCS Egg Sac, and filled with the mini-spiders that spin metal strands.

Not sure if it's actually possible but it sounds like it would be.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 04:21:21 pm »

I don't think you can rename hives. Do hives even spawn in caverns?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 04:25:16 pm »

No, they don't normally, but I'm assuming there's a biome tag in there somewhere- maybe bees have some kind of something that makes a natural hive, IDK. But you see lots of "termite mounds" and the like, I don't see why they wouldn't be nameable even if it was (creature)(noun)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 04:39:47 pm »

I've never seen termites.

Has anyone encountered pygmy dwarf hives or whatever in the caverns?
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2012, 05:16:40 pm »

Hives don't wouldn't shouldn't appear in caverns because they aren't programmed to appear in that biome, just like how bees don't appear in tundras, the cavern is a biome.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »

And if I modded in, say, small dwarves with the cavern biome, would they appear in the caverns?
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2012, 06:38:10 pm »

They should. I just don't know anything solid about the hive creatures.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]