Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll to Escape the Laboratory: Turn 1 - "H- hello?"  (Read 1241 times)

mistertimn

• Bay Watcher
  • hEY BOY
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Roll to Escape the Laboratory: Turn 1 - "H- hello?"
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:26:34 pm »

You are a scientist working in the underground laboratory owned by Kronos Bio Innovations. This lab specializes in bio-chemistry and bio-enhancements. You are a full term employee, and have an assigned living space in the housing section. The entire lab is underground, but this is no problem to you. You've been working here for years, and are used to it. One night after a long day of experiments, you turn in for the night to your dormitory.

waaaAAAAAHHHHHHH! waaaAAAAAHHHHHHH! waaaAAAAAHHHHHHH!

You jolt awake at the sound of the siren. The automated lab control system comes on the intercom.

Warning. Warning. Facility wide evacuation in progress. Please proceed to the nearest emergency exit.

Jumping out of bed, you slip on a labcoat and run out into the hallway towards the main elevator. You can see it at the end of the hall, full of panicked scienctists and maintenance staff. "Hold the elevator!" you yell as you rush towards it. The door suddenly slams shut, and a metal plates falls out over it, sealing it off.

Evacuation complete. Systems shutting down. The normally stark lighting blinks out, replaced by harsh, red emergency lights.

You fall to your knees. You're stuck, there's no way out.

-----

You're stuck down here, and need a way out. Start by searching for some other scientists. Who knows why you've been locked in?

-----

Dice System:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet: (Starting limit 7 players)

-----

Current Players:

Waiting List:

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:56:20 pm by mistertimn »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Escape the Laboratory
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 01:29:17 pm »

Name: Harold Crank
M/F: Male
Department*: Bookkeeping
Description: An old, but pleasant man, who spends his time counting. Yes, you heard that right, COUNTING. His goal is to surpass his father's record, 6,499,238,765. When not counting, he's using his computer to create works of art in the graphing software.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:31:02 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 03:35:27 pm »

Name: Matthieu
M/F:M
Department*:Bio Chemics
Description: Mat is a strong worker and good teammate he was often the control in tests on peoples chemicals because he kept up with training at the begining of his shift here at the Mega Corp and got stuck with the job.

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:45:30 pm »

Jeremy, M
Department: Genetics
Description: Jeremy got an internship here because of his father's influence. He wants to be a genetic engineer and hasn't gotten in trouble for improper use of equipment for...it's the 23rd?...Almost two weeks!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:16:57 pm »

Name: Derin
M/F: M
Department: Maintenance Staff
Description: Oh sure, his title might say 'janitor', but Derin's been here for ages. And you don't hang out around so many scientists for a decade or so without picking some things up! Not to mention the stuff that you need to clean in a job like that...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 04:25:47 pm »

Name: Warren
Department*: Bio Nanotech
Description: Having worked with the very small for years, Warren needs glasses to be able to see anything more then a few feet away.  His disheveled hair and chemical stained clothing are nothing but normal for him.  He has been warned numerous times to not use nanotech equipment that he is designing on himself, and after many emp purges of his system he has grown used to the electrical shocks.  When asked if he will behave himself next time, all he can do is grin and nod with a slight chuckle.

Nom nom nom

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 06:07:17 pm »

Name: James
Department: Maintenance
Description: A former state champion boxer and national champion wrestler, James is, needless to say, rather large for a normal human being. He solves problems with his fists….by using them to fix things! He always hated hurting others, but it was all he was ever good at, aside from creating useful trinkets and tools from their less than useful base materials. He is incredibly sensitive, and will do anything to help those that he perceives to be his friends, especially the tiny ones. He has a weakness for puppies. He is forever curious and enjoys taking things apart and putting them back together in order to see how they work. Aside from an unusual aptitude for everything mechanical, he falls short in nearly any other field of work or study. His first day at work at Mega Corp has been a thus far been a stressful one. "Whats happening? Whatever I did I swear I didn't mean it guys! Honest! Curley caught his hand in a machine!" (Bonus points if you've read that book.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 06:11:01 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 07:48:51 pm »

Reserve

I'll join!

Name: Jorkil Meensley
Department: Bio Enhancements
Description: Jorkil isn't actually a fledged scientist; - His father had paid his way into the upper ranks, and paved the road for his son. Still, Jorkil has a a quick mind and a rapier-sharp wit, which helps him to get along with people. He was also partial to the shooting range when he was younger, practicing with firearms. He's good at fencing, horseback riding and chess, but lacks in the whole..Science-ee department.

*Choose from: Bio Chemics, Bio Enhancements, Bio Nanotech, Bookkeeping, or Maintenance Staff
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:51:44 pm by Caerwyn »

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 07:49:47 pm »

Reserve if still open (haven't counted yet)
Dangnabbit. Foiled again by the number 7! Someday I will have my revenge!

Waitlist-
  Name: Dexter Fask
  Department*: Bookkeeping
  Description: Dexter is a young and lazy intern. He's more interested in playing Minecraft than doing work, which is what he does when nobody's watching most of the time. He is kind of good at math, but he has no actual interest in it. He would like to get out of school and into the real world as soon as possible, and wants an easy job that pays well. He's trying out accounting to see if it matches those preferences.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:13:10 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 07:53:52 pm »

Reserve if still open (haven't counted yet)
Dangnabbit. Foiled again by the number 7! Someday I will have my revenge!

I'm sorry Pingin. If it makes you feel better, I'm totally radical, and will most assuredly make this RTD great.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 09:52:54 pm »

If there's a waitlist and or possible guest appearance by a scientist who dies as soon as he speaks a line, allow me to grace you with

Name: Harvey
Department: Bio Enhancements
Description: While Harvey works in a dark field of science, most people know him as a carefree, nice person. He got involved in the projects after seeing people in need of prosthetics and not being able to get them, and decided "Screw morals."

He's fairly large, and while a lot of his weight is muscle he's not incredibly strong. He has unkempt stubble and a coffee addiction. Harvey is known within his group for finding ethical applications for shady work, and bringing a lighter tone to some of the things that were done for Science in the labs.

*Choose from: Bio Chemics, Bio Enhancements, Bio Nanotech, Bookkeeping, or Maintenance Staff
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mistertimn

• Bay Watcher
  • hEY BOY
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 05:42:15 pm »

Hey everyone. Thanks for you interest in this RtD. As soon as I get home Sunday ill get things started. Thanks again!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 02:53:24 am »

Posting to watch. Aww yeah.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 12:46:32 pm »

Yay its Sunday!

mistertimn

• Bay Watcher
  • hEY BOY
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Roll to Escape the Laboratory: Turn 1 - "H- hello?"
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 09:57:57 pm »

Turn 1 actions GOOOOOOO!

Some Details:

- You have no items. Just your lab coat over your pyjamas
- You are all alone in different areas of the facility
- You spawn inside your dormitory

Have fun! PM me with issues/concerns/questions.
Pages: [1] 2