Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is a whimsicle story  (Read 3762 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
This is a whimsicle story
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:27:40 pm »

I had my first successful siege fought off - two at once, eight trolls, tons of hammergoblins, a couple master/lord rank goblins... and it was all thanks to my surprising stream of Great migrants. Seriously, I had Great everythings. One carpenter got to Legendary, and trading consisted of masterful spiked wooden balls. He made practically everything in the fort, and wood was abundant. So it was pretty funny when, to force goblins to walk over weapon traps over a pit of spikes by retracting the bridges, the legendary carpenter was on the bridges and fell onto the masterful spikes he himself had crafted. He dragged himself through the brass door of the spike pit, but it was too late. His neck had been punctured and he suffocated.

The fortress was later abandoned for FPS reasons - turns out my computer isn't invincible and actually can't handle a giant underground reservoir constantly being emptied into an aqueduct. It was worth it, though, to make prisoners constantly have to fight the water flow or else they'd get swept 40 z-levels into a flooded cavern pit.
My wooden badge was delicious.

omnomosaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This is a whimsicle story
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »

Good ol irony. Gotta love it.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:10:04 pm »

I had my first successful siege fought off - two at once, eight trolls, tons of hammergoblins, a couple master/lord rank goblins... and it was all thanks to my surprising stream of Great migrants. Seriously, I had Great everythings. One carpenter got to Legendary, and trading consisted of masterful spiked wooden balls. He made practically everything in the fort, and wood was abundant. So it was pretty funny when, to force goblins to walk over weapon traps over a pit of spikes by retracting the bridges, the legendary carpenter was on the bridges and fell onto the masterful spikes he himself had crafted. He dragged himself through the brass door of the spike pit, but it was too late. His neck had been punctured and he suffocated.

The fortress was later abandoned for FPS reasons - turns out my computer isn't invincible and actually can't handle a giant underground reservoir constantly being emptied into an aqueduct. It was worth it, though, to make prisoners constantly have to fight the water flow or else they'd get swept 40 z-levels into a flooded cavern pit.
Ooh, hey, you should give this story to that guy who draws stuff!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 05:34:45 pm »

Wow, that's a great idea!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 07:05:46 pm »

Ooh, hey, you should give this story to that guy who draws stuff!
Yeah! Tell the story to GoombaGeek!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 07:10:26 pm »

I don't know how to reach him though, he never checks his e-mail.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:24:46 pm »

Just shout his name out the nearest window.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 01:20:12 pm »

LOL they don't realise.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 02:22:31 pm »

Whimsical*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 02:42:14 pm »

Whimsicle: What's left of child's dreams after said child is brought to a terrifying glacier, and then said child's dreams(and the child itself) are utterly crushed. By a blizzard man.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 03:23:44 pm »

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »

Whimsicle: What's left of child's dreams after said child is brought to a terrifying glacier, and then said child's dreams(and the child itself) are utterly crushed. By a blizzard man.
zombie blizzard men. Who'll tear the boy apart and have its body parts be raised to add to their growing army.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 11:34:02 am »

I don't know how to reach him though, he never checks his e-mail.
Well played sir, well played :P