Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Necromancer ambush!  (Read 4771 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Necromancer ambush!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 02:47:34 pm »

Well, good news and bad news. The good news is the Necromancer was found by a water buffalo, bad news is he escaped alive. Worse still, my vampire's right arm is now useless, and Batman plus two other elites are dead. I hate zombie yaks with a burning passion.
Well at least now you can start orbital bombardment. I do hope you placed supports all over the sky.

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 05:18:24 pm »

I've had a few Undead sieges with Necromancers now, I'm finding cage traps are fantastic.

They instantly neutralise the zombies (who seem totally useless at navigating through traps in general, makes sense) and avoid lopping off their limbs so you don't have to deal with creating more of them either.

Additionally, Necromancers themselves seem to blunder right into them, I've caught 3 so far and killed another. Apparently mastery of the arcane arts doesn't really do much for your peripheral vision :D

My advice when killing them is to sic your army on them once the corpses are thinned out (to keep your military from suffering needless losses). They have a really annoying tendency to run away like little girls, go off map, then come back again with loads more corpses. So Marksdwarves are great at nailing them as they flee, allowing your other guys to catch up and maim them.

The last one I caught I decided to have my Wrestlers fight for experience. Unfortunately I forgot to lock the door on the cell, and he escaped, reanimated a dead donkey and then proceeded to sprint into the dining room. At that point he copped a Crossbow bolt in the lungs and got set upon by pretty much everyone who was eating a meal in the room at the time, with the predictable result :P

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 05:29:54 pm »

Cage traps are op, they work on everything no matter the size until you reach mythical beasts. I try to put up a really long corridor of just traps before anything else simply because of thier effectiveness. One hit and whats in it is stuck for good.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 04:55:13 am »

Out of interest, do Undead Sieges cease to occur if you keep killing Necromancers? I assumed they were like the "Generals" of the undead hordes, but despite killing 3 so far I just had around 100 angry corpses march onto the map :o

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 06:39:19 am »

There are a lot of necromancers per tower.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]