Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to X-Com  (Read 14789 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Roll to X-Com
« on: September 29, 2012, 12:28:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The world was shocked. It was the year 2073, and they came out of nowhere, hiding behind the trail of a meteorite. Large, spherical ships came in by the dozens and landed in Dubai, the hub of human technology and innovation. It was a massacre. Strange, gray aliens fired blue balls of energy, while larger ones simply ripped humans apart. The local police force couldn't even put up a fight. Within an hour, it was all over, the city of Dubai in ruins, and then they left.

Within the first months the UN swelled, almost every nation joined in order protect themselves from the alien menace. After much debate, the collective UN decided to revive the X-Com project.

X-Com, Extraterrestrial Combat Squad, was a program designed during the 1960s during the height of the cold war. Rumors and false truths spread like wildfire, and a selective part of the U.S. government thought the Soviets had made contact with aliens. They made X-Com, which resided in Area 51, to combat this threat. Though cancelled 10 years later, the training manuals, base design, tactics, everything was still on file for the UN to use. They revived the X-Com Project.

The Liberation project was started to assist X-Com. Teams scoured the Earth, looking for the best Earth had to offer. Weapons, technology, researchers, soldiers. The elite were found and put under one flag, X-Com. Their duty, to protect Earth at any means necessary.

Three years after Dubai, reports of alien activity have started anew.

((RP/On-base Thread))

Spoiler: Sign Up (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damage Distribution (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Psionics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Researched Technology (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:52:08 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-Com
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:32:33 pm »

Character coming right up.

Name : Feanor Lindon
Stats : STR 2 DEX 2 END 1 INT 0 WILL 0
Skills : Sniper 1 Side arm 2
Bio : A former army ranger he retired from the America armed force's after being given an order he could not carry out. He could not find a job outside of the army and almost a year later decided to go back to the only life he knew he was good at and he joined the X-COM.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:38:50 pm by mesor »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44:37 pm »

Name:Jackson Star
Stats:1 DEX 2 INT 1 WILL 1 END
Skills:2 AUX 1 RIFLE
Bio: After surviving the massacre at Dubai, the hacker/mercenary came to the UN and tried to sing up for the program. He was accepted, to become the team "Techie"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:08:47 pm by werty892 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 12:48:57 pm »

Name: Theodor Adler
Stats: 1 Str 1 Dex 1 Int 1 Will 1 End
Skills: 1 Rifle 1 Close Quarters 1 Sniper
Bio: Joined the army due to his family's pressure and after a short training was then dumped into X-Com due to the fact so many died quality started to become a problem and quantity started to seem useful. Aside from that, first drills seemed to find him with a reasonable combat ability and flexibility that could keep him alive for at least more time than some of the recruited soldiers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:34:36 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 12:52:50 pm »

Stats:2 DEX 2 INT 1 WILL 1 END
Bio: After surviving the massacre at Dubai, the hacker/mercenary came to the UN and tried to sing up for the program. He was accepted, to become the team "Techie"

One note, you only start with 5 stat points. Otherwise, first two applications have been accepted.

I caught a few errors in my first post. The only thing of note is Damage Distribution. Torso is 1-5, instead of 1-6.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 01:08:36 pm »

Stats:2 DEX 2 INT 1 WILL 1 END

One note, you only start with 5 stat points. Otherwise, first two applications have been accepted.

I caught a few errors in my first post. The only thing of note is Damage Distribution. Torso is 1-5, instead of 1-6.
Alright, fixed

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 01:19:00 pm »

Name:  Moe Johnson
Stats:  [STR 0] [DEX 3] [END 0] [INT 1] [WIL 1]
Skills:  [RIFLE 1] [SIDEARM 1] [CLOSE QUARTERS 0] [HEAVY WEAPON SKILL 0] [SNIPER 0] [AUXILARY 1]
Bio:  (Hit with a writer's block here, but here goes nothing.)  Stuck running from various thugs within his hometown, Moe's constant retreat had made him a fair runner to avoid being held at point blank.  Although he hadn't been successful at getting a job, once he knew of X-Com and their purpose, Moe knew that he'd rather deal with extraterrestrials while well-equipped, as opposed to fleeing thugs unarmed.  He seemed to be the equivalent to old X-com cannon fodder, but every individual counted, so Moe was enlisted.

(Just let me know if I must readjust something...  but I think I've fulfilled the stats and skills requirements.)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 01:30:44 pm »

Name : Kane Wilson
Stats : STR 1 DEX 1 END 1 INT 1 WILL 1
Skills : CQ 1 HVY 1 AUX 1
Bio : An ex-MI6 field agent, Kane was transfered to X-Com as he was considered a liability - one too many "all the enemy were shot sir" scenarios was the straw that broke the camels back. He is proficient at stealthy CQ combat, but tends to favour the "shoot first, second and third, and whatever is left standing gets shot a fourth time" method. A career of accessing systems and improvised escapes has allowed him to develop some serious combat flexebility in terms if equipment and vehicle use, and turned him into a fast learner.

I will requisition my gear once I have been breifed.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:53:27 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 02:09:51 pm »

@Orb: I was wondering, could I be your co-GM and still have a character on here? :P

I mean, if so...

Name : Kathryn Summers
Stats : STR 2 DEX 0 END 1 INT 2 WILL 0
Skills : HVY 2, AUX 1
Bio : A combat engineer from the US military, she gained the attention of X-COM during her early years when she wrote a research paper on the potential structural weakness of a saucer shaped UFO based on scientific reasoning of it's construction, without the aid of the then classified information-this was before Dubai ever happened. Giving she'd been literally blowing up Aliens in her imagination years before, Kathryn was a natural recruit to the program.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 02:49:41 pm »

If there's any spots left, I'll reserve one. If not, put me on the waitlist.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 03:48:27 pm »

@Orb: I was wondering, could I be your co-GM and still have a character on here?

Sure, why not. Anyway, the first five recruits will be going on Mission 1. It's a rather short one, more to test mechanics than anything.

Also, I've decided to give Dwarmin the go ahead to start the On-Base thread. Anyone not on Mission, once he has it created, can goof off there.

Spoiler: Mission 1 Soldiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mission 1 Briefing (click to show/hide)

Alright. I need your equipment purchases and what technology will be researched, and the mission can start.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:51:43 pm by Orb »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 03:56:29 pm »

Id like the stun baton researched.
And id like a desert fox pistol 2 spare clips and a combat knife.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 04:02:01 pm »

One law enforcer, and one combat knife please.

Oh, and research cybernetics. I will probably need some new legs soon.
This is a blank sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 04:18:48 pm »

Combat knife and Law Enforcer. Cybernetics.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 04:33:51 pm »

((Shall I post my character in the On-Ship-ish thread once it's up?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10