Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to X-Com  (Read 14790 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-Com
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 09:59:56 pm »

((Yeah, I meant flash, must have been deleted for some reason))

Move forward carefully, and scout out the house

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 02:40:22 am »

"If you guys are going in from below, someone should go in from above..."

Quick scout of the area - are there nearby buildings that can be used to gain roof access? Is there access to the house via the roof?
This is a blank sig.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 02:45:38 am »

ptw.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 08:26:41 am »

"I'm a bit more at ease with this sort of mission than with the old mishap...  but at the same time, I also don't particularly like hostage situations.  As far as I'm seeing it, I'm probably going to wind up taking one for the team anyway, so let's see what we got."

Be the point man to try and quickly get to the Kitchen on Floor 1.

(Not a clue how many rooms one could traverse, so if the ol' time units run short, so be it.)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 11:03:57 am »

1-3 Cybernetics, 4-6 Medikit......I rolled a 2. Cybernetics it is.

(Not a clue how many rooms one could traverse, so if the ol' time units run short, so be it.)

Basically, I'll try to keep everyone in sync. If someone does a short action, I'll cut everyone else's actions short. Otherwise, the group can do as much as it wants, until something pops up or enemy contact is made. Also, when I say 'everyone', I include the aliens too, because they aren't just going to stand around.

Spoiler: Mission 1: Turn 2 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:08:17 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 11:10:40 am »

Same as before...

"So, glorious leader, if you wouldnt mind distracting these guys, and talking them into dropping this shield somehow, it would be muchly appreciated".

Stealthily get to the roof and look for an access point.
This is a blank sig.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 11:16:27 am »

Same as before...

"So, glorious leader, if you wouldnt mind distracting these guys, and talking them into dropping this shield somehow, it would be muchly appreciated".

Oh, I missed your action.

-----

The suburban houses are fairly spread out. Too far for a human to jump. Without a grappling hook, you can't see how it'd be possible to gain access to the roof. Even then, there are no entrances in the roof. You'd have to make your own or drop down through a window.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 12:04:21 pm »

Try to push the knife through the wall , Stop the moment there is any sign of hear

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:18 pm »

"Hmmm, Maybe there is something projecting this "shield" from outside..."

Inspect the ground around the house, looking for anything out of place

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 01:10:48 pm »

"A shield...  of course...  Let's see now...  Who was our leader again?"  Moe thought to himself, that he was no leader, and was only a red shirt in the world.  He had his hand on the rifle, just in case things went south fast.
Hold his ground, ready to fire if the aliens in sight pull a fast one

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 01:15:04 pm »

Same as before...

-----

The suburban houses are fairly spread out. Too far for a human to jump. Without a grappling hook, you can't see how it'd be possible to gain access to the roof. Even then, there are no entrances in the roof. You'd have to make your own or drop down through a window.

"Would any of you guys mind if I borrowed the Skyranger to make an "unorthadox" approach, assuming the pilot doesnt mind?"
This is a blank sig.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 02:24:58 pm »

Same as before...

-----

"Would any of you guys mind if I borrowed the Skyranger to make an "unorthadox" approach, assuming the pilot doesnt mind?"

"Hmmm, I could go with you and try to blast a hole in the roof. We can use that to enter the building" Says Jackson.

New Action: Ask the Skyranger pilot if he can fly us over the house

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 02:34:18 pm »

"Works for me - you blow a hole, and I will pop in. If someone can keep them talking at the front, and get them to drop the shield... not that a dropship flying overhead, the boom of some HE and me landing above thier heads wont be obvious, but coming at them from two angles should prevent a suicidal charge through that shielded door."

If the pilot will take us above the house, get on the roof and find good breaching point.
This is a blank sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 06:38:21 pm »

((@Orb: Would it be fine if I asked for the turns not to come in Spoiler tags? I like them exposed, makes things easier in this case.))

"Anyone seen anything strange on the house or something?" Theodor asked in a whisper, still a bit bewildered by his new role. ...He only wanted to stay a bit in the army and get back to his family, but it seemed asking for a peaceful life was too much.

Try to figure out where would the shield-generator be. Hidden inside the house, but first or second floor?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »

((@Orb: Would it be fine if I asked for the turns not to come in Spoiler tags? I like them exposed, makes things easier in this case.))

Sure.

Note: Please do a strikethrough on old actions.

Also, just something I forgot to mention. All the windows in the house are open.

Try to push the knife through the wall , Stop the moment there is any sign of hear

[Str: 4+1] You approach the exterior living room wall. Taking a step back and raising your combat knife, you thrust it with all your might through the wall. Looking through the window, looks like a clean cut. Nothing appears to happen to the knife.

"A shield...  of course...  Let's see now...  Who was our leader again?"  Moe thought to himself, that he was no leader, and was only a red shirt in the world.  He had his hand on the rifle, just in case things went south fast.
Hold his ground, ready to fire if the aliens in sight pull a fast one

You stare at the aliens, daring them to try something. They stare back, with unblinking, black eyes. Creepy.

"Anyone seen anything strange on the house or something?" Theodor asked in a whisper, still a bit bewildered by his new role. ...He only wanted to stay a bit in the army and get back to his family, but it seemed asking for a peaceful life was too much.

Try to figure out where would the shield-generator be. Hidden inside the house, but first or second floor?

[Int 6] You go around the house, gazing intently into every window. And then you see it. In the kitchen, glistening in the sunlight, a construct of higher intelligence. It sits on a kitchen counter, plugged into the wall....feeding off our power, the devious aliens, you think to yourself. And then you can't believe your eyes, as it dings and two pieces of toast are flung upward, waiting to be plucked by some three fingered hand. Then you realize. It's just a toaster.

Continuing your search, you find nothing of alien origin in the living room or kitchen. That would leave the bathroom, the stairway, upstairs, and the outside. However, you honestly doubt the aliens would develop a shield generator that is not protected by its own shield. That would just be too cliche.

Jackson and Kane head back to the Skyranger, and approach the pilot. The pilot is very young, you'd guess in his very early 20s, and appears to be playing some game on a holopad. He quickly shuts the device down and pockets it on noticing your approach. You ask.

"Hell yeah I will! 'bout time this bird saw some action. Only time I got to try maneuvers was in simulators, and boy are they not the same"

The two climb on board and the pilot brings the Skyranger to life once more. Small flames spew from the engine as the large plane slowly hovers over to the hostage house. The pilot brings the Skyranger to a hover about 15ft above the house.

"This is as low as I can go without risking setting the house on fire!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10