Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your founders rap sheet  (Read 2850 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Your founders rap sheet
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 01:58:42 pm »

If you can currently get "Hiring illegal aliens", it probably comes from when one of your immediate subordinates gets deported.
Yeah, of course thats how you get charges, its been that way since before you picked up LCS.

It seems you're right; that would explain why I'm a little hazy on how it works.

When a safehouse surrenders to the police, everyone present is charged with hiring illegal aliens if anyone present gets deported. Likewise, if you have hostages, everyone is charged with kidnapping.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 02:33:41 pm »

If you can currently get "Hiring illegal aliens", it probably comes from when one of your immediate subordinates gets deported.
Yeah, of course thats how you get charges, its been that way since before you picked up LCS.

It seems you're right; that would explain why I'm a little hazy on how it works.

When a safehouse surrenders to the police, everyone present is charged with hiring illegal aliens if anyone present gets deported. Likewise, if you have hostages, everyone is charged with kidnapping.
Really? Didn't know that, but thats good to know for the future.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 03:20:33 pm »

I'm actually not sure that the game ever makes use of Public Nudity as a crime -- there's placeholder data for it in the game, but it may never be charged against you. "Loitering" is also impossible to accrue normally, and I don't know if "Hiring illegal aliens" is possible or not.

You can get Loitering, by getting caught for being too suspicious without committing any actual crimes the game knows about. I thought you could get Public Nudity too, but I just tested it and only got loitering.

Also, the liberal I chose for the job was sentenced to DEATH.

For loitering.

This is the best game.

Nny

• Bay Watcher
  • Durgle durrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 03:24:10 pm »

Welp. That's more than 2000 murders all right. What's the character sheet look like for that founder?

As for the character sheet (and most recent update to rap sheet):
And the intro screen:

Given what year it is (2018) and how much unnecessary death both on our side (mostly me experimenting with weird novelty squads, from mosquitos to 15 year olds with large swords and donkey suits) and the other side (when you have someone with maxed rifle skill, you're not gonna just NOT murder everyone who comes in their way) you can probably tell I'm not making a real attempt to win. Not that I'm that good, only won twice before and those were previous versions, but still.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 04:11:17 pm »

Looks like you've been practicing different weapon skills. Do you have to savescum any to ensure random happenstance doesn't off your founder?

I'm actually not sure that the game ever makes use of Public Nudity as a crime -- there's placeholder data for it in the game, but it may never be charged against you. "Loitering" is also impossible to accrue normally, and I don't know if "Hiring illegal aliens" is possible or not.

You can get Loitering, by getting caught for being too suspicious without committing any actual crimes the game knows about. I thought you could get Public Nudity too, but I just tested it and only got loitering.

I know you can be charged with Loitering, but it'll never show up on your rap sheet, since it's never charged to you unless you lack any other crimes.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:12:56 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 04:15:05 pm »

"Loitering" is also impossible to accrue normally
I've gotten loitering. Its what they charge you with if they capture someone who hasn't committed a crime.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nny

• Bay Watcher
  • Durgle durrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 04:38:39 pm »

Looks like you've been practicing different weapon skills. Do you have to savescum any to ensure random happenstance doesn't off your founder?

I haven't yet, but I think I will now. So far I've been pretty lucky really. Since except in the rare times when a large section of my main action squad dies, I'm always protected by 5 others with Assault Rifles and Ceramic Armour, training weapons isn't too risky. Also the dodge skill I've built up.

I also have started up a persuasion squad based off enlightened arch-conservatives with guitars and SEAL suits. Because may as well make the people I'm not slaughtering agree with me.
Pages: 1 [2]