Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prevent Decay of Masterwork Clothing  (Read 864 times)

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prevent Decay of Masterwork Clothing
« on: September 29, 2012, 04:48:00 pm »

I produced a couple artifact pieces of clothing, and I realized that these items would never decay.  I then came up with the idea of perhaps making masterwork clothing never decay.  Doing so would enable me to cut down on one source of FPS decline in late game fortresses, but would still employ my clothiers long enough to actually produce enough masterwork clothing for every dwarf man, dwarf woman, and dwarf child.

I don't have the FOGGIEST clue of how to actually do this, so what I'm asking here is such a specfic interaction possible, or would one have to make ALL clothes not decay?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prevent Decay of Masterwork Clothing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 05:02:25 pm »

I think you can alter the raws for different clothes to make non-cloth versions, you could alter the originals or make special reaction versions of the clothes for this. the tag for decay might be the [SOFT] tag or something, i haven't modded in a while

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Prevent Decay of Masterwork Clothing
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »

You could probably write a DFHack plugin to do it - with the next release (which should be soon), it'd just be a matter of interposing the proper vmethods on the right item classes and inserting a special case for masterworks.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.