Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [Spoiler] To Pull or not to Pull?  (Read 5299 times)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoiler] To Pull or not to Pull?
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20:46 pm »

Man, good job on finding a demonic fortress though. I think I've only ever found those, in fortess mode, like. Twice. I really want to play with one sometime, but they're so darn rare! And when I do find one, they tend to be in terrible embarks with nothing good in them.
Good to know my hard work has been appreciate. It was very tedious to find in a virgin world (no dwarf shafts straight down to the third cavern layer). Like seriously: I was a dabbling ambusher when I entered the cave. I sneaked the whole journey and by the time I found the fortress I had the ridiculously high skill pictured.

Yeah I can imagine it's not easy. Not to mention having to actually eat and drink and all that. I've only dabbled in adventurer mode myself.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »

That part was pretty easy actually. I was well fed on mole blood and crocodile meat.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 03:22:29 pm »

That part was pretty easy actually. I was well fed on mole blood and crocodile meat.

Tasty. I think.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 02:08:59 pm »

I located and pulled several adamantine swords back in version 0.31.12 (back when it was possible to fast-travel when you were directly beneath a site), and none of them spawned any demons. I was sneaking at the time, though I don't think that should make any difference.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 02:12:22 pm »

Thank you contributing to the science. Although I agree it's unlikely, I'd really like someone to record themselves removing the sword as an adventurer without sneaking.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012, 04:28:57 pm »

I've pulled out two weapons, and at least one of the times I wasn't sneaking. When sneaking, I made my way down to the bottom, found a bunch of demons walking around Hell; I decided to fight them, and managed to escape while fending them off.
While not sneaking, no demons were found at all, though I did find a bunch of zombies in the fortress itself. I wandered Hell for a bit, made my way back up and decided to be the closest thing to a demon the world would see.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 04:33:21 pm »

Well that's that settled. The demons are only summoned in Fortress Mode. Another thing I'd like to try: embarking over a demonic fortress that has already been unplugged by an adventurer and seeing what happens. I assume you would just have a safe (as safe as you can be when talking about a journey to Hell) passage into Hell, but maybe it's possible that the demon rush would spawn as soon as you embarked. If I had any idea whatsoever where the demonic fortress I unplugged actually is (I know it's under a specific jungle, but that jungle spans 16x16 embarks) I'd try this myself. I still might be able to find it if one thing is still true: I read somewhere that if you're atop a demonic fortress that the adamantine sword will appear in your stocks. I'm not sure if this is still true or if it would work with the sword in question being in Hell proper, but it'd aid the search (read: make the search possible with my attention span).

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »

Well that's that settled. The demons are only summoned in Fortress Mode. Another thing I'd like to try: embarking over a demonic fortress that has already been unplugged by an adventurer and seeing what happens. I assume you would just have a safe (as safe as you can be when talking about a journey to Hell) passage into Hell, but maybe it's possible that the demon rush would spawn as soon as you embarked. If I had any idea whatsoever where the demonic fortress I unplugged actually is (I know it's under a specific jungle, but that jungle spans 16x16 embarks) I'd try this myself. I still might be able to find it if one thing is still true: I read somewhere that if you're atop a demonic fortress that the adamantine sword will appear in your stocks. I'm not sure if this is still true or if it would work with the sword in question being in Hell proper, but it'd aid the search (read: make the search possible with my attention span).

These unknown structures don't contain demons.
They contain zombies.

Also, sneaking will void the affect of pulling the sword out.
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]