Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: General Final Fantasy discussion. Blitzball: The only good thing about FF10?  (Read 5114 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only Final Fantasy fan who thoroughly enjoyed 12?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »

Touhou soccer
What the... *googles*

What is this majesty? Is this some kind of touhou equivalent to the megaman soccer games?

The reason real life is an inadequate medium for soccer.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 09:21:49 pm »

I still sorta think Shaolin Soccor did super soccer the best

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 10:46:37 pm »

I tag-teamed FF12 with a mate with a much higher tolerance for grind than myself. It worked out pretty well; I'd play most of the story sections, and he'd satisfy his lust for hidden collectibles and grinding in his own time. I don't think I'd have killed all those Legendary monsters on my own. The last one took me two hours to kill. I was about to die so I ran away to heal... only to discover he does the same thing.

I liked the mechanics to begin with, until I got my gambits set up so that I was basically running through the game on autopilot, with very little input from me outside of boss fights. I also didn't really like the characters; they were all too bland. Balthier was the only remotely interesting one. Not to say it was bad; I'd definitely consider it a good game, just not as good as the rest.

My favorite was probably X. Yes, Tidus was a bit of a whiny douche, there's no denying that. The supporting characters actually had character though, every one of them. It also had, in my opinion, the greatest art and music direction of any FF game before or since (haven't played 13). Spira was just fucking gorgeous and still holds up today. It also dared to have a sad, or at the very least bittersweet ending, in defiance of convention. FFX dared to be emo.

Also Blitzball was a cool concept, if poorly executed.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 02:19:33 am »

(Why, exactly did they develop a sport that required giant spheres of levitating water in the middle of a large stadium? Or did they just have these spheres of water laying around and couldn't come up with anything better to do with them?)

Why not?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 04:27:31 am »

(Why, exactly did they develop a sport that required giant spheres of levitating water in the middle of a large stadium? Or did they just have these spheres of water laying around and couldn't come up with anything better to do with them?)

Why not?
You gotta remember that Blitzball has existed for a few century having existed when Tidus was still living in the game's past. (spoilers there but MEH) When Tech was quite high grade and somehow the people of this world discovered that they could breath under water or something. I MEAN WHEN WAS THAT EXPLAINED!??!??!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 07:10:15 am »

Why not?
You gotta remember that Blitzball has existed for a few century having existed when Tidus was still living in the game's past. (spoilers there but MEH) When Tech was quite high grade and somehow the people of this world discovered that they could breath under water or something. I MEAN WHEN WAS THAT EXPLAINED!??!??!
Matches are 5 minutes plus about 1-2 minute positioning.  I think it was heavily implied that people can hold their breath that long + do physical activity of that caliber.... but... its been a long time...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 07:16:25 am »

Name one fictional sport done better!
Other then Ostritch Joust.

Carmageddon
Speedball
BloodBowl
SmashTV?
Podracing
Light cycle racing nd the discus throwing thing in Tron

Basically everything that isn't blitzball is a better fictional sport than blitzball. Because blitzball is terrible.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 07:39:58 am »

Why not?
Matches are 5 minutes plus about 1-2 minute positioning.  I think it was heavily implied that people can hold their breath that long + do physical activity of that caliber.... but... its been a long time...
In-Game matches are. BUT When you look at something like that first Blitzball match you get to play in the first half took a lot longer then 2.5mins when you think about how long it would really take the story event to go for. (IRL Variant that is)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Modified thread title to accurately reflect where this thread went =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, best thing about FFX was Auron's overdrive/limit break/whatever you call it which would one shot most enemies and send them flying off into the sky Team Rocket style... Hilarious to use against giant sandworms.

Also watching Wakka or Lulu hit themselves.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 09:43:30 am »

Playing Touhou soccer is probably
[/quote]

Soccer?! There's no such thing as soccer. I think you are intentionally insulting Football.
Pages: 1 2 [3]