Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 34.11 Keep crashing during embark preparation.. Any idea why? (resolved)  (Read 1037 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile

I FINALLY got some time to sit down and play the game as I've been trying to for almost 2 weeks now, but I'm having an issue where the game is repeatedly crashing during embark preparation. It keeps happening when I view my Dwarf's bios trying to decide what to do with them. I've not modded anything and I'm not doing anything unusual. At first I thought it was because I was changing my Dwarf count on embark with DFusion but after I stopped to see if that was it, it still occurs. I've tried with 3 different worlds. Is there some kind of crash log I am missing? I see an errorlog but it's not updated since I last played Adventurer Mode.

EDIT:

For what it's worth, I changed my graphic set and it worked without issue. Either I got lucky or that was responsible. I re enabled the same set after I was done and in game and it working fine there.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:40:35 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: 34.11 Keep crashing during embark preparation.. Any idea why? (resolved)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:48:35 pm »

Technically, graphics sets are considered mods. But IDK why it was an intermittent problem. Try contacting its author.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.