Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Soldier toughening: Item Drop Training  (Read 77259 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier toughening: Item Drop Training
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2013, 10:36:15 am »

Can minecarts be filled by dropping items from a floor above? Cause that might make it possible to automate the process using levers and floor hatches.
I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned in this thread and others that you can't drop items into a cart. Haven't tested carts myself, but that's what they say.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2013, 11:12:48 am »

Awesome idea, I gotta make a Coinstar popper in my next fort.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2013, 04:39:23 am »

This is awesome, and spares some infuriating micromanaging required to train armor user in danger rooms- weapons and shield level up way too fast there, blocking hits that would level up armor. Yes, I know it could be done with a shieldless weaponless uniform, but it would increase the risk of dwarves not properly equipping their final uniform.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2013, 10:11:46 am »

Is it worth to make such a room for whole squad, or better make small rooms? If latter, how do i move only 2 dwarves out of squad of ten to train?
ps: coin split method should be wikified along with room plan imo.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2013, 01:47:32 pm »

This science is quite awesome.
I was wondering, though, how do you find the actual numbers (rather than "he is strong, agile, and tough") for attributes in fortress mode?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2013, 05:46:16 pm »

ShadowHammer,

It's easiest to do in the current version(s) of Dwarf Therapist, afaik.

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2014, 07:32:10 am »

This is awesome, and spares some infuriating micromanaging required to train armor user in danger rooms- weapons and shield level up way too fast there, blocking hits that would level up armor. Yes, I know it could be done with a shieldless weaponless uniform, but it would increase the risk of dwarves not properly equipping their final uniform.

This involves brilliant creativity on the part of the OP and other posters......

But I would prefer that these are other "exploits" are removed so that people like me who prefer to get their dwarves tougher through real life combat dont have to try such things.

PS: I know that game balance / bug fixes / exploits are not a current priority........just stating my opinion

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2020, 01:34:48 am »

Does this still work?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2020, 03:17:39 am »

The Coin Star ceased to work during 0.40.X. I had just set one up when DF changed, but managed to disable it before anyone died, so there were only a couple of injuries.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2020, 03:55:23 am »

Heh, I remember that little surprise. I also had one up for Child Care purposes at that time and was a bit shocked when the effect was more like a shotgun blast instead of harmless pelting with small objects.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2020, 09:09:04 am »

The research is still very viable. In this latest version, Ive had 500 stacks of coins unpile themselves, without the depot hack. But I just cannot, figure out how it occured, or how to replicate it. It had something to do with an interupted haul task. It is possible a coin hauling job was quit by a stressed out dwarf, tho the depile hadnt occured in path to my vault SP.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]