Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Getting Started"/"New to Dwarf Fortress" inconsistencies  (Read 2651 times)

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
"Getting Started"/"New to Dwarf Fortress" inconsistencies
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:47:51 am »

Quoting from this thread:
Quote from: toomanysecrets
There are videos on this page already: Tutorials
Quote from: RossiBoys215
Cheers for telling me about this, I guess I just couldn't find them after half an hours searching on the wiki

Tutorials are present in the "Getting Started" red template, which if i understand correctly should be present in all pages listed in the template.
A similar red box named "New to Dwarf Fortress?" sits in the main page, listing all the pages present in the template... except for tutorials.
The main page box has "Game Development" while the template lacks it.

Also, Dwarf Fortress Mode and Adventure Mode Quick Reference, despite being listed in the template, do not have the template themselves.

This seems like a lack of consistency here, or am I just missing something?

Edit: I didn't notice it sounds like I'm just criticizing stuff, but the real reason I posted this was to get an answer from someone with more experience with the wiki before thoughtlessly editing the main page, which would be kind of a big deal to mess up.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:06:40 pm by wagawaga »

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
Re: "Getting Started"/"New to Dwarf Fortress" inconsistencies
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:42:19 am »

For the main page only, I would recommend you clone it to a sandbox subpage of your user page (if you need one created, I can do it for you) simply because it's heavily cached and edits in succession can be disruptive.  However, that doesn't mean it's holy content never to be changed - I think it would be awesome if you wanted to try to tackle some of the issues present.
I am one of many administrators of the wiki.  Please use my user page (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User_talk:Briess) on the wiki to contact me, as I check that more often than these forums.