Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Migrant Vampire  (Read 9874 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Migrant Vampire
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 06:47:21 pm »

And a new sacrifice for Sigtext is borne...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 09:28:31 pm »

My advice vampire army they are overpowered as hell and you can make a barracks with tbe gear lock the door and release them when needed plus undead ignore them in mecro sieges so easy assassins

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 06:48:17 am »

Necromancers make great Ranchers due to the way reanimation beefs up dead animals (Which can be re-butchered for even MORE meat)

Being attacked by the undead also counts as a tragic event. So a great way to train your militia is by stationing them in a room filled with corpses and a necromancer or inside a resurrecting biome from time to time. This way they will eventually stop caring about everything and be immune to tantrum spirals.
As for werebeasts, you could have them attack Forgotten Beasts or anything else with syndromes a few days before their transformation. Even if they get infected by the syndrome, the transformation should heal them of it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:10:21 pm by jellsprout »
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 11:14:20 am »

Of course, unless Loud Whispers objects.
Has anyone ever objected? :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 02:13:57 pm »

Hang on.
So the choice is NOT to weaponize the vampire/husk/werewolf/Succubus/whatever?

We're Bay12 dammit! We're supposed to weaponize things, not kill them! (Except elves. They deserve to burn in Hell.)

Exitstrategy

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no exit! Oh, Armok! The !!magma!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21:25 pm »

My file where this question applied got corrupted, but its good to have ideas for when the situation arises. I've been thinking:

Why settle for one weaponized vamp? I could kill the first one, dump him in a well, and lock a squad of armed and armored dorfs in the room with the well. First time they're thirsty they join the ranks of undead, training until the next threat arrives. Presumably it takes long enough for them to become fairly good fighters.

Link their barracks to an arena and lead the threat to the arena, lets say goblin siege. Lock them in, release the squad. After they finish up, send them back to their barracks, clean up the mess (maybe). Rinse and repeat. Maybe make 2 squads of them. One for the surface and one for the caverns.
Since when has Dwarf Fortress been about doing things the easy way?

I do believe that it is in part about unnecessarily abusing the opportunities that are presented to you.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 02:24:20 pm »

That won't work; vamps are locked at their current skill level.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »

We're Bay12 dammit! We're supposed to weaponize things, not kill them! (Except elves. They deserve to burn in Hell.)
My suggestion didn't kill the vampire, physically. They don't deserve weaponization, only burial rights.

That won't work; vamps are locked at their current skill level.
Attributes, skills are fine.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »

But they're essential immortal super soldiers!
Why waste a good vampire? They don't sparkle after all.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 02:35:43 pm »

Why settle for one weaponized vamp? I could kill the first one, dump him in a well, and lock a squad of armed and armored dorfs in the room with the well. First time they're thirsty they join the ranks of undead, training until the next threat arrives. Presumably it takes long enough for them to become fairly good fighters.

Why settle for just a squad of vampires? Forbid all of the booze in your fortress and make sure that is the only well in your entire fortress, and don't let the dwarves get to any other water. Vampire Fortress!! Just hope they don't get all your migrants before they have a chance to become vampires themselves...

☼Better method, put the well on the outside of your fort, and seal the entrance when you get migrants.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 02:36:52 pm »

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 02:37:48 pm »

This has been done before, as Collaborator said, this is Bay12.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101251.0
Pages: 1 [2]