Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 73468 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #450 on: December 06, 2012, 01:32:29 pm »

[Hmm hmm hmm.  Well, this is LYLO everyone.  One scum, two town remain.  This is the peak of the endgame, and low activity will cost your team the win.]

I never intended on forming a bandwagon, outside of providing my points as clearly as I could and casting my vote. I might have tried to deliberate with you if you wanted to keep dogging Jim after his rebuttal, but his answer confirmed my read on him and affected yours without my help.
If you have good reasons for voting someone, and can convince others about your good reasons, it's not a bandwagon.  Besides, what good does it do you to be convinced someone is scum, have a solid argument, and vote them if everyone else is off circlejerking around some other player?  Great, so the person who you think is the last scum is getting no attention from everyone else.  You need to say "Hey assholes, I got the last scum here and this is why!"  Otherwise the other chuckleheads you're playing with are going to mislynch the town into a loss, right?

In the meanwhile, I need to look through the thread again with attention on how MrCelt and Jim related with the rest of us.
Why?  They flipped town, so what relations would you be looking for? 

Now, I am fairly certain where my vote is going but will wait for Shakerag to return.
If you're fairly certain where your vote is going, why do you need to wait for me?  What could I say or do that would affect where your vote is going? 

I recommend both of you give the whole game a re-read.  It may be worth your while to note Captain Ford's actions and posts while doing so.

lynx_:  You have not posted much, and this is LYLO.  This is not a good position for you to be in. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:13 pm »

Also:

Oppose Extend

No pussyfooting around.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 06, 2012, 01:36:22 pm »

Alsoalso:

Oppose Shorten

No shenanigans either.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 06, 2012, 04:48:13 pm »

I never intended on forming a bandwagon, outside of providing my points as clearly as I could and casting my vote. I might have tried to deliberate with you if you wanted to keep dogging Jim after his rebuttal, but his answer confirmed my read on him and affected yours without my help.
If you have good reasons for voting someone, and can convince others about your good reasons, it's not a bandwagon.  Besides, what good does it do you to be convinced someone is scum, have a solid argument, and vote them if everyone else is off circlejerking around some other player?  Great, so the person who you think is the last scum is getting no attention from everyone else.  You need to say "Hey assholes, I got the last scum here and this is why!"  Otherwise the other chuckleheads you're playing with are going to mislynch the town into a loss, right?
You're right, of course. Up until now, my focus has always been to dig up and lay out evidence, but I've never really tried to convince others into buying my arguments (in any of the games that I've played). It's a real-world skill that I sorely lack. To be honest, I was not ready to stand down my vote on MrCelt just to break a tie (being so sure that he was scum, and opting instead to wait for Jim's response for me to say something).

Shakerag: If all of my evidence was already on the table, how would you suggest I try to make someone believe it without repeating myself?

In the meanwhile, I need to look through the thread again with attention on how MrCelt and Jim related with the rest of us.
Why?  They flipped town, so what relations would you be looking for? 
They were sincere in their arguments, so I add some more weight to the material they provided.

lynx_:
Flandre led the lynch on MrCelt, a lurking easy target.
I did lead the lynch on MrCelt, but if you look again, you'll see that it was when MrCelt was more active. The fact that he started lurking did him no favors, and especially since he cast an unsupported lynch vote on Jim and disappeared.

I'll zoom out on the above quote.
Points in my favour:
MrZero was really scummy D1, unable to stand up to other people's pressure.
Flandre led the lynch on MrCelt, a lurking easy target.
Scottzar, while he was here, scum-hunted and asked questions. MrZero didn't.

Points in Flandre's favour:
I disappeared and missed the vote. If I'd have voted it would've been for MrCelt or Jim even if I had been around, both have now flipped town.

What you listed as in your favor are negative points directed at me or contrasting your predecessor to mine. You aren't even giving them as arguments, but using them to make yourself out to be more town-like to Shakerag. Care to explain?

I trust Shakerag due to previous content, there's no hammer though so even if he votes for me it won't tell me for sure he's scum. Flandre has been rather hasty to vote though, although that could just be the playing style around here.
I read this as: "It's okay if you want to vote for me, Shakerag. I trust you."
Think super-secret townie handshake.

lynx_: Why are you vying for Shakerag's favor over actually scumhunting objectively? Also, you said you were going to wait until he posted to use your vote. Are you implying that you want for him to question me so you can mount your own attack seamlessly with his?

If you were going to vote for me, _lynx, than do so. Don't hide behind Shakerag.

lynx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 07, 2012, 10:39:37 am »

I trust Shakerag due to previous content, there's no hammer though so even if he votes for me it won't tell me for sure he's scum. Flandre has been rather hasty to vote though, although that could just be the playing style around here.
I read this as: "It's okay if you want to vote for me, Shakerag. I trust you."
Think super-secret townie handshake.
Well then you misread it. I'm used to majority being hammer and have never played a game in which that isn't the case.
If Shakerag had posted after you voted me without hammering, he'd have been confirmed town unless he was fucking around.
Anyway, that's not really relevant. It was just on my mind at the time.

lynx_: Why are you vying for Shakerag's favor over actually scumhunting objectively? Also, you said you were going to wait until he posted to use your vote. Are you implying that you want for him to question me so you can mount your own attack seamlessly with his?

If you were going to vote for me, _lynx, than do so. Don't hide behind Shakerag.
If Shakerag is scum, he's won as far as I'm concerned. I found nothing on him in my read-through.
You/MrZero, on the other hand...

Xny You make very poor attempts at creating good questions, are you even trying to scum hunt?
Ironically, this was MrZero's attempt to scumhunt. This and complaining about lurking.

Let's look at it like this. It was quite late, i wanted to go to sleep soon. However, i also wanted to do something with the mafia.

Creating an good attack would take far too long, it would require me to shift trough various posts, create more quote's, re-read, etc.
Thus i concluded that it wasn't worth my time, since i was short on it.

What i could do as well was to defend myself. This is a bit more flexible. You can for example just answer questions, or answers questions which refer to different posts, etc. I chose for the first option, since that was the least time consuming thing that i could do.
That's not what a townie would do with their time.

Also there's a fair number of instances in which CF could be construed as buddying MrZero/Flandre:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've re-read up to page 23 now, will check the rest later but what I've got is certainly enough to vote: Flandre

lynx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 07, 2012, 10:40:22 am »

EBWOP

Flandre

lynx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 07, 2012, 11:14:03 am »

Now, I am fairly certain where my vote is going but will wait for Shakerag to return.
If you're fairly certain where your vote is going, why do you need to wait for me?  What could I say or do that would affect where your vote is going?
You could say something scummy. It's LYLO, I was never going to be throwing my vote around without at least hearing from people was I? Just in case.

I've also finished reading up to this point.
Flandre, what were your reasons for thinking MrCelt scummy beyond the mislynch/no-lynch nonsense and inactivity?

lynx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 09, 2012, 08:04:32 am »

Day ends tomorrow, what was this about low activity losing the game? Shakerag, put a vote down.
A no-lynch will lose town the game whoever is scum.

Mod, when exactly is deadline?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 09, 2012, 01:22:24 pm »

Current vote count:

Flandre [1]: lynx_
lynx_ [1]: Flandre
Shakerag:

Not voting: Shakerag

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

2 votes needed to extend the day
2 votes needed to shorten the day

Day 4 will end Monday, December 10th at 9:00 PM PST.

Mod, when exactly is deadline?
See above.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 09, 2012, 02:53:23 pm »

Lurking at lylo is a town loss.

Get to posting. There should be lots more arguing than this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 09, 2012, 03:14:17 pm »

Yep. A good subject to argue about would be tomorrow's weather.

lynx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 10, 2012, 03:58:56 am »

Ho hum, three days since I posted and no response. Shakerag, I'd really appreciate you coming back and putting a vote down.
We won't get an extension either considering Flandre is probably scum and Shakerag opposed it then disappeared.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 10, 2012, 11:51:41 am »

Shakerag: If all of my evidence was already on the table, how would you suggest I try to make someone believe it without repeating myself?
Repeating yourself is a good start.  If you keep putting your argument out there, more people are seeing it and it has a greater chance of influencing those who are reading it.  Also, poke at other people's arguments.  "Hey, I know you are voting X for Y, but I think my case on A (which is B) more clearly shows A is scummier than Y.  Why are you voting X for poor reasons like Y, when A did B which is way scummier?"  Or something to that effect.

If Shakerag had posted after you voted me without hammering, he'd have been confirmed town unless he was fucking around.
Feels WIFOMy.  I wouldn't put too much stock in reasoning like that.

This is a bit of a tough one.  I felt I was getting a newbtown read off Mr. Zero early on, but I also felt xny was giving me a town read as well.  I can't recall anything that Flandre has done that set off alarms, and Scottzar didn't really strike me as scum either, minus the bits that Jim addressed (which I'm not 100% convinced peg him as scum). 

I think lynx_ is presenting the stronger argument at the moment, however.  His spoilered section in post #454 looks pretty compelling, and paints a poor picture of Captain Ford and Mr. Zero. 

Can you come up with better, Flandre?

lynx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 10, 2012, 06:03:58 pm »

Feels WIFOMy.  I wouldn't put too much stock in reasoning like that.
I meant if we could hammer in this game. Basically that's not an issue, it was just on my mind at the time.
I'm just worried Shakerag is scum, I'll have another look at his posts this evening if I get time but it looks like Flandre is to be lynched.

As it's currently 11pm here and deadline is tomorrow morning when I have class, I probably won't be able to respond to anything ze (pronoun?) has to say.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 10, 2012, 06:05:39 pm »

As it's currently 11pm here and deadline is tomorrow morning when I have class, I probably won't be able to respond to anything ze (pronoun?) has to say.
This is what extensions are for.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32