Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cobrabrass - the Dragonic Civilization Succession Game (Year 2)  (Read 8163 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Cobrabrass - the Dragonic Civilization Succession Game (Year 2)
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »

(player note: this is one of the few times I have seen a fortress attract no migrants in the spring of second year without an active siege)

Yeah, I had the world gen be short because I was trying to upload this on dial-up.  There were only ~50 dragons each in the two mountain halls at the start.

That is very low, probably should try to get more.

Monthly Report, 1st Malachite, Year 4

Bug-related incidents: Merchants continue to stick around. Insanity highly likely at this point, fortress will remain in lockdown in preparation for the likely scenario of berserk fire-breathing badgers. May savescum just to get scenario with berserk fire-breathing badgers.

It is now mid-summer.

Underground works were completed on a mansion and two smaller rooms potentially suitable for workshop use. A network of tracks is being carved from the upper fortress to the depths.

The Outpost Liason finally decided to get inside the fortress and arranged an export agreement.

Some elves also showed up for trading, but one of their animals transformed into another and dropped dead on arrival for apparently no reason (player note: WTF?!). I had the remains scoured for food, but I left everything else where it was. There are more map fires burning now.

I have set up an underground burrow to keep the population out of the way of drawbridges or harm's way when sealing the fortress.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:54:31 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Cobrabrass - the Dragonic Civilization Succession Game (Year 2)
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 09:15:31 pm »

Monthly Report, 4th Galena, Year 4

This report has been filed somewhat later than usual, because of the discovery of a cavern network while digging out a drain for the new plumbing network. The cavern has mud and trees, but no moss. No wildlife has been spotted so far. I will be installing some lever-operated hatches to drain out the upper network, along with a grate to prevent underground flying creatures from accessing the rest of the fortress. The plumbing network will be fully pressurized by the surface brook, so any attachments (i.e. wells) should take this into consideration.

No migrants arrived this season.

I finally got rid of the merchant's badgers and sealed off the inside of the fortress. They're still outside. I'm expecting insanity to hit very soon.

The duel between a burning, flying zombie and a flying axedragon continues to lay waste the aboveground area. If any merchants show up this season they'll likely be incinerated.

Monthly Report, 1st Limestone, Year 4

No further traders have arrived. The battle above is still ongoing.

The drain has been dug out, so we can get some underground irrigation going.

We now have a full-time book-keeper to track everything.

Also the merchant's animals gave birth (?!).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:39:20 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 2 [3]