Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I am stuck in a tree, should I savescum?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: I have become a dark lord  (Read 12849 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: I have become a dark lord
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 05:55:50 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 09:14:50 pm »

I remember I once killed everyone in the world as a were-necromancer. Then I turned into a werebeast and got mauled by my own zombies.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

MisterMarx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 09:44:34 pm »

Very great history!
Can you please teach me how to use this savegame? I put it in the folder but I can't continue your adventure. I would like to feel how it is been a negromancer. Sorry but I'm so noob in adventure mod and i can't found how to do it googling.

MisterMarx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 09:50:52 pm »

I have done it. Sometimes you have something right under your nose and you can't see it...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 10:59:37 pm »

Hello MisterMarx. Congats on the first post!
Good to see you got it working.
also, you might want to fix a typo. It's necromancer, not negromancer. lol.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 02:56:24 am »

I would like to feel how it is been a <STRONG>negromancer</STRONG>.

Ah, the hilarity of typos.

[EDIT]: Nev already said it. But we can't be all elf-y and react rationally to situations, now can we?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:58:25 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 02:16:53 pm »

New update!
Thomo Practicefights is not done with adventuring. There is still more evil in the world that needs to be slain.
I walk around town recruiting people to my cause. I am joined by 2 archers, a lasher, a pikeman, a swordsman, and 8 miners. One of the archers is wearing 4 mailshirts.

We start by killing a few werebeasts, to give them confidence. I take a weregecko head and put it in my pack. I wonder if a zombie werebeast bite will still infect someone?

We travel to a human castle in search of a quest. A guard tells me that the lord of this castle is a vampire. He killed hundreds of people. The axeman joins me, he is trying to wield a greataxe and a shield. Either get a smaller axe or drop the shield. I walk up to the lord, shout "die evil creature of the night!" then I slash off his head. I head to a different castle, because now there is no one to get a quest from.

I go to the next castle and ask the lord for a quest. He tells me to go slay a bandit living in the sewers. Nope, not gonna happen! I ask a armourer for quests, but he just tells me to ask the lord. Then I ask him about the surrounding area, and he tells me of a nearby kobold camp. We have our quest!

At the kobold camp there are about 30 kobolds sitting around admiring their loot. We run in, and start the battle. For every 2 kobolds we slay, one of my companions dies. The kobold archers are the biggest threat. I am hit by an arrow in my elbow, and drop my shield but keep fighting. Then a silver arrow hits me right at the lower spine. It is stopped by my armour, but hits with enough force to chip my lower spine bone and bruise the nerve tissue. I crawl away from the fighting, batting tens of arrows out of the sky with my sword.

I sneak away from the battle, and rest the night in a small cave. 5 of my companions also make it out, most of them permanently injured. Tomorrow, I can stand. I go to get my revenge on the kobolds, they still have my shield. It appears the kobolds faired as bad as we did. There are less than 10 left. The battle goes well and we lose no one else. I get my shield back. Then I realize I still have an arrow sticking out my elbow, so I pull it out. Blood spurts out, but it stops soon and I can use my elbow again.

Our next foe is a night troll. It poses no challenge, and I manage to get every part in the red before it dies.

Our next foe is Odom Rainsoaked the Raw Beard of Mosses the brush titan. It is a very long trek into the northern wastelands. My companions abandon me shortly into the journey. I don't need them anyway. I make it to the titan's shrine, It is filled with corpses and webs. I catch a glimpse of the titan, he is a giant quadruped made of mud with 3 very long horns, and one of his horns is broken off. I sneak around the shrine, and he doesn't notice me. I bash him once in the head with my shield, and his head goes flying off. I can't zombify it because it is made of mud not flesh.

On the way back to civilization, I find a cave. The cave leads down into a cavern.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 02:19:21 pm »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 05:34:46 pm »

I have a plan. I will get lots of coins. Then I will drop one every few steps and use it to find my way back to the surface.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2012, 08:12:02 pm »

No, no, it's breadcrumbs. Not coins. What self-respecting dwarf-
Oh. Thomo's a human.
My mistake, carry on.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2012, 09:18:22 pm »

How do you pull arrows out of your body? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2012, 09:19:30 pm »

How do you pull arrows out of your body? 
Press "I"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 10:37:59 pm »

I marked the caves location on my map, then return to civilization. I'm so thirsty, I haven't drank any blood in weeks.

I find a lair, and go in. There I find 2 gloom brutes, should be easy. I stab the larger one through the belly with my sword, then the smaller one gores me in the left hand with his horns. I let go of my sword, and the larger one runs back into the cave, my sword still stuck in its belly. I take out my masterpiece iron knife, the same one I took from the demon Sapi Hoodfrog. I have never used this knife before, never lost my sword before.

I slash at the smaller (and more skilled it seems) one barely cutting the skin, then it punches me in the left shoulder, breaking it. I really need blood. I slash at it's weird fingerless hand, tearing the fat, then it gores me in the left lower arm. The other gloom brute returns, for the first time in my life, I feel true rage. HOW DARE HE TAKE MY SWORD? AND STOP BREAKING MY LEFT ARM, IT'S ALREADY BROKEN! I come out of my rage trance, and both the night creatures are dead. The smaller one has a knife stuck in its heart, and the larger one is missing its head. I am holding my sword.

I rest in the lair, until my arm heals. Then I set out in search of money and blood. My first stop is the kobold camp I raided a while ago. I see a shocking, disgusting sight there. All my dead companions are impaled on upright pikes. This means some kobolds have survived, but they aren't here now. I gather their corpses, and set them around a large oak tree, with all their weapons and the weapons of their enemies, then I set the tree on fire. This removes my temptation to reanimate them. I also gather up all the coins in the encampment, over 500. Should be enough to go to hell and back.

Last stop, I go to a human town. It is night, so everyone is sleeping. I feed on a child, then wake up everyone in the shack and accuse one of them for being a vampire. Turns out, he actually was a vampire assuming a false identity. I slay him then wait until morning, then I wander around town looking to recruit for my expedition to hell. I find one suitable recruit : Kamca Buttonedstill, a female miner. We set off on our expedition.

Near the cave entrance, Kamca runs off. I find her missing a foot next to a dead goat. Oh well, she'll just have to crawl.

When I reach the large cavern, I start dropping a trail of coins. I hope this works.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 11:04:04 pm »

Nice. I'm looking forward to Thomo's future adventures!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2012, 12:34:09 am »

There is dark magic in these caves. My coins are dissapearing the moment they hit the ground. I keep going anyway. Something never wants me to return to the surface.

Giant cave spider silk webs. There are far worse things than spiders in the depths of the world.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:37:32 am by NAV »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5