Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I am stuck in a tree, should I savescum?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: I have become a dark lord  (Read 12841 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: I have become a dark lord
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 01:25:05 pm »

Okay, I found a passage deeper into the earth. Kamca is looking tired, so I rest the night. When I woke up, she wasn't there. I hear some growling echoing through the caves.

My coins don't disappear any more when I drop them, but I am already hopelessly lost.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 03:10:12 pm »

Maybe the surviving Kobolds are getting back at Thomo by stealing his coins. They did seem pretty peeved, considering they stuck Thomo's friends up on pikes.
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2012, 05:50:12 pm »

Crundles and blind cave ogres. That is all I'm finding.

Oh no, I jumped down a cliff and landed on a tree. Now I'm stuck there. Should I savescum? because that would be an extraordinarily stupid death.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2012, 05:51:19 pm »

Maybe you can wait it out and get knocked off by a cave swallow or something.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2012, 06:13:52 pm »

Crundles and blind cave ogres. That is all I'm finding.

Oh no, I jumped down a cliff and landed on a tree. Now I'm stuck there. Should I savescum? because that would be an extraordinarily stupid death.

Extraordinarily stupid deaths are probably the greatest end to any game of Dwarf Fortress, I mean look at Boatmurdered, they all killed each other because of SMOKE FROM THEIR OWN DOOMWEAPON :P

Except yknow I actually want to see this go on.

Have you tried an Alt+movement key?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2012, 06:58:15 pm »

The poll says to savescum, so I will savescum. It doesn't make me happy, but I think it is justified in this case.

Sorry MrWillsauce, but I don't think things attack you while you're falling. Even if they did, I'm not waiting that long. My brain would turn to mush then pour out my ears. Then my index finger would retract back into my hand so it wouldn't have to press the wait button anymore.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2012, 01:05:28 am »

The poll says to savescum, so I will savescum. It doesn't make me happy, but I think it is justified in this case.

Sorry MrWillsauce, but I don't think things attack you while you're falling. Even if they did, I'm not waiting that long. My brain would turn to mush then pour out my ears. Then my index finger would retract back into my hand so it wouldn't have to press the wait button anymore.
WAIT NO THERE IS A DIFFERENT SOLUTION.

Very simple. Go into human, give them [FLIER], fly off, remove it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2012, 03:09:13 am »

What about Alt-moving? Isn't that possible?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 06:46:51 am »

What about Alt-moving? Isn't that possible?
No, because it technically counts as falling. Forever.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 06:55:20 am »

I wish there was a way to make another adventurer, find your dark lord, and then "free" him  from his eternal prison.  Probably by lighting the tree on fire. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 04:01:29 pm »

If mounting was possible I would say riding a skeletal dragon would be undeniably cool.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 12:32:22 pm »

It's gonna be a while before I can get back to this, various school things and a succession game in the way. But I will finish this, Thomo Practicefights the Oily Furnace will have a proper ending to his story.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 09:34:06 am »

It's gonna be a while before I can get back to this, various school things and a succession game in the way. But I will finish this, Thomo Practicefights the Oily Furnace will have a proper ending to his story.

YES! THIS TIME HE MUST GET STUCK ON A TREE WITH CORPSES ON IT!...AND THE CORPSES ARE ON FIRE!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 02:06:16 pm »

Quote from: NAV
I crawl away from the fighting, batting tens of arrows out of the sky with my sword.
huh?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 03:28:42 am »

Do you have any mod for this story and what mod does this work or will you or fans make your character able on mod like Fallout And Equstria and Loseing is magic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5