Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play Some Skyrim: Heavily Modded Edition

(1/3) > >>

TherosPherae:
Hello there ladies, gentlemen, and gender-ambiguous dwarves. Today, we do not play in the realms of sanity, canon, or even moderately basic logic.

No. Today, we play in the land of Heavily Modded Skyrim. 114 mods, to be precise. I have no idea what half of these mods do, let alone if they are compatible with each other.

The basic guidelines which will be followed:
1. I will only fast travel to locations I've been to. I will not attempt to use fast travel to discover new locations at a greater rate - i.e. fast travel somewhere near to an objective so as to reach said objective. This is so I don't miss out on any hilarious occurrences and/or incredibly dangerous encounters.
2. I will only use the console if mod conflicts require it to start a quest - not complete it.
3. The game will be played with low-quality graphics in order to keep the framerate tolerable and (hopefully) reduce crashes. This will likely ruin the effect of several of the graphics mods, but I only really care about gameplay mods.

Now, onward to the actual game!

Spoiler: It Begins (warning: contains some HUEG images) (click to show/hide)Our journey begins at the character selection screen, where I am greeted by...

...this. I'm not about to pass up the chance to run around Skyrim as a disembodied head, so I quickly enter a name after carefully observing the other new species variant - by which I mean reading the fairly terribly formatted description for an elf with wings.

This seems oddly appropriate.

I'm playing the Live Another Life mod (one of the three or so I added intentionally), which allows you to bypass the long-ass intro sequence and get straight into the adventuring fun with the grace of one of Skyrim's deities, Mara. It also gives you options to start as various types of person - merchant, miner, sailor, etc. I chose the "surprise me" option, and landed myself...

...in a shipwreck. Mara's sense of humor knows no bounds.

At least there's some loot, including the unpictured corpse of a deceased Thalmor agent.

I finally manage to escape the ship, and set my sights for land.

Our hero begins the long.... swim? toward shore.

I find some barnacles on another abandoned boat. Mmm. Barnacles.

I immediately start my adventure by making enemies with the local wildlife. Hey, they bit me first.

I find some oysters and immediately harvest the shit out of them. Oyster meat, horker tusks, and barnacles - part of a nutritious breakfast.

Shortly afterwards, I am attacked by some wolves on fire. Again, Mara's humor knows no bounds.

HEEEERE'S JOHNNY!

The results of my slaughter. There is blood everywhere.

I involuntarily relieve some more of the local wildlife of their organs, bones, tusks, etc.

Oh hey, it's a little enemy crab, that's neat. I think I'll just...

...I'm pretty sure crabs don't have that much blood.

Our hero randomly goes bald upon equipping an iron helmet. How exciting.

Not even the babies are spared from my executions.

Mmm. Tastes like blood and cruelty.

I run into some chauruses (chaurii?). Obviously, they're early-game enemies, so dispatching them with my axe should be no problem.

4 deaths later, I manage to escape into the ruins of Saarthal by abusing the hell out of the early-game restoration spell. Now, maybe I'll be able to grind a couple of levels off of leveled zombies and escape these blasted insectoids.

DAMMIT.

Anyways, the next update should have pictures scaled to a slightly less obscene size. Also, more of them.

Furtuka:
:D

pisskop:
Sure Ill watch.  Im actually tempted to reinstall and heavily mod Skyrim myself.  Difficulty mods, mostly.  Fatique reducers, magic rebalancing, harder dragons and harder enemies, etc.  The vanilla game is too easy.

What do you have installed?

And bloody armour redux.

ISP:
Saarthal is part of the mages college quest line, and is locked due to scripts that are involved with going through it.

TherosPherae:

--- Quote from: pisskop on October 02, 2012, 09:07:58 am ---What do you have installed?

--- End quote ---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t348e24vDyA

Okay, I have a tiny idea. Out of the 114 mods total, 4 of them were ones I picked specifically. Midas Magic because meteors, Prides of Skyrim because lions, Spell Combining because it looked interesting, and Live Another Life because seriously the intro sequence is terribly long. Other than that, all the mods are from random mod collections in the Steam Workshop.

And I knew Saarthal was part of the mage college quest line, I just didn't know that they had to lock the outer bit that didn't have much of anything. Looks like I'll have to be more creative than that to escape the bugs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version