Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you reading this!?!?!

OMG YOU ARE!!!!
- 5 (41.7%)
Pfft... As if. I just clicked here for something to do...
- 0 (0%)
LOL Theres a Poll here...
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Lets Play :: Minecraft TFCraft - Hardcore  (Read 4652 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lets Play :: Minecraft TFCraft - Hardcore
« on: October 03, 2012, 01:09:36 am »

GREETINGS ALL!!!
This will be an on again off again LP where I will be playing TerraFirmerCraft in Hardcore mode...

What is TFC??? Well its a special mod created by Bioxx to create a new style of gameplay where survival don't start and end with building a wall around yourself, digging down to level 11 and finding enough diamonds to make a full set of gear. In TFC you are limited in your actions from the get go, where you need certain tools to do certain things. No more cutting down trees with your barehands here. No more of the throwing a 64 stack of Iron into a Furnace then coming back to it when its down. Everything has a more Hands on Approach, especially with the Metal Crafting...

To those of us that actually play Dwarf Fortress Fort Mode, alot of things you know from it comes into play, for example, the different layerings of stone containing different metals. Thats right different stone and different metals. In TFCraft there is all manner of stone types such as Granite, Rocksalt, Garbbo and such. Within them you find Cassiterite and Copper and Bismuth and so forth. The world also has been changed in how it generates, certain layers of stone will be near each other, under and beside, trees of all types grow amongst one other making forests seem more breathtaking to look at and the greatest fears are that of landslides and cave ins. Yes Cave ins. Digging deep through unsupported stone will eventually result in a cave in, burying you within the mountain. Landslides form when digging through that of dirt causing a ripple effect as the soil collapses down the side of the hill before finally settling. Now the word Realism is something that alot of people use to describe this mod, but do not take it as its told. The game uses real world things but in the end this mod is about making the Survival part of Minecraft much more then it truly is...

Anyway lets begin...

So time to generate the world, I decide on the name Homeworld for this lets play as its the name I always choose. Following that I thought I would see how the game goes in generating something we all know very well...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I am greeted by this, a wonderful looking expanse of area, surrounded by cattle and chickens, to my left it looks to be a small hill of what I can assume is going to be Chalk (you get used to knowing what kind of stone it is by visual clues.)
The white stone colour and the white dirt colour help identify the stone, areas where the stone is more "Orange" will have a light brown colour and even darker as we get into things such as Basalt and such.

I look to my right and am greeted by a forest behind a small pond with some reeds by it, reeds are important for that of making paper, a needed item for the starting of metalcrafting. - To the marsh I march for the Reeds we Need - Cookie for anyone that can pick that game quote...

Now, seeing as we said that you can't cut down trees with your fist, we need to make some tools, but where am I getting the materials for that you ask???
Well these...
Scattered around the world on the surface are these blocks, they are in fact pebbles which relate to that of the stone that exists below it, for example, Chalk Pebbles above a Chalk layer. Handy thing to note if not sure what kinda stone layer your standing on. If you noticed beside its tooltip it reads Medium with a little scales icon and tiny with a different kind of icon, these are the Weight and Size of the item in question, there isn't much going in its effects as far as I know but certain items can be put into a chest while others can't depending on its size and weight...

Now we need a couple of these things...

Right so with these we will be making our first tools... What? How am I going to do that???
Knapping... Thats right, to make stone tools you need to use one to shape the other into that of the needed tool...
Those are - Axe and Shovel...

Putting two Pebbles into the crafting square gives us this special GUI, from there we shape the tool head we need, first the Axe Head and the Shovel Head. Now then time to attach these to sticks to make our first tools...

What? How do I get sticks if I can't get wood yet??? Easy we get them from the trees still, but from "Branches". What we do is punch the Leaves of the trees and from them drop sticks and sometimes sapplings. A thing to note is that Saplings drop in a more RARE state then they did before, this was to represent the need for going out further to gather more Sticks and Lumber then just sitting in the same chunk for ever. People scream Realism due to Logging but yeah only if you want to go there...

Anyway time to gather some Sticks...

Right from this White Elm we go 9 Sticks and 2 Saplings, took forever though, if only we had something to cut it down faster...
Lets try Knapping a Knife...

Yeah that will help. Now lets put these things together, first we take a Tool Head and put it in the top half and under it a single stick...
BOOM TOOL!!!
Aww Yeah. Time to get us some mats...

Before...

After...

Looks like this forest is White Elm, Chestnut and Spruce. To note, each type of Wood burns at a different rate and at different temps, quite a handy thing to note that...

While I was gathering the sticks and saplings I noticed that in the Pond some Squid spawned. Squid are important cause they drop ink, another needed item for Metalworking. Lets kill us some Squids...

And with that the Sun begins to go down...
Time for night and the moment that the monsters all come out to play, eep...

Thats for the next update...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play :: Minecraft TFCraft - Hardcore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 03:23:17 pm »

Ok... Night time... Totally prepared for it....
No wait, I didn't.... SHITtakke mushrooms...

Right, dig into a wall and stay there the... No Wait. We can't dig remember...
Make a sword! That will help, wait can't make that due to it needing metal...

BUT WAIT...
We can make a Javelin..

A Javelin is the Stone Age's Sword. It can act as both a melee weapon (though personally the Axe is a better weapon) and a ranged weapon, charging like the Bow and firing from you, with a good chance of it being able to be recovered...

At least now we have a way to defend ourselves, sorta. Better grab these logs with our axe while we are here... Chop Chop Chop...
Hello, whats this...
In TFCraft, when a tree is cut down, all connected logs (naturally grown of course) all break as well and fall to the ground in these Log Form. Whats more they are actually limited in the number that it can be stacked in your inventory, 16 to be exact. Oh dear dear dear...

After a while we have cut down all those trees we had cleared earlier. Coming under attack by a Spider and Skele while at it...

We need some food and some leather to protect ourselves... Good thing there was all those cattle before huh...  ;D ;D

Now in TFCraft livestock are getting an overhaul as well, growth rates of young are different, the creatures are spawned in set genders and these genders can determine the actual size and the amount of mats that they drop, thats right the animals drop more mats then normal. By right clicking on the animal you can discover their gender...

This is a Male cow, or Bull as we should call it...

He will drop a larger amount of mats then say a female cow would. More if he is actual older due to having had more time to grow bigger. This one dropped 15 leather and 18 Beef. Yes folks you heard me, that's a lot of mats isn't it...
Well, we would need a bit more for some leather armour so one more cow must fall... Or maybe a bit more, they have been making me jump slightly thinking they were creepers...

Now annoyingly, Chalk proves to be the brittle stone that it is, the Axe broke quite quickly in fact, around 6 trees were cut down and only attacked one Spider and one Skele, thats less then a Vanilla Wooden Weapon would last. Seems like we will be needing to make a few more. Another handy thing to note is that Bones are pretty much useless in making Bone Meal, the thing does nothing with all the changed stuff. But the handy thing that bone can do is substitute itself for a stick. So lets make us a Bone Handled Chalk Stone Axe....... Yeah this sounds like its going to last long...

ARRRRR!!! SPIDERS!!!! ARRRRRR!!!! CREEPERS!!!! WHAT WAS THAT NOISE!!!!!! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

THE SUN!!!!!!!
I feel like that Big Fat Monk Jigo near the end of Princess Mononoke as he waited for the sun to rise. Only difference is that I am not a Monk or called Jigo...
Oh dear, I am nearly dead, I am starving and all I have is raw meat. Time to start cooking some breakfast...

Now, cooking, this so far is my only problem with TFCraft, there is no way to cook many food quickly. I mean, you can cook a whole pig over a fire with a spit, but no, you have to do it one slice of pork at a time here. Anyway we need a firepit. To do so, we take our bundle of sticks we have and put two into our crafting slot like so...
This will give us a firestarter. Next we need to throw three sticks onto the ground separately before using the firestarter on the block beneath it. While the icon looks to have only one stick there, there is in fact three, don't know what its doing that.
It took seven attempts but we have FIRE!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!! It never lights straight away and it has a high chance of failure, I mean rubbing two sticks together isn't easy is it...

Time to cook us some beef...
FOOD!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

Now that my stomach has something in it, I will quickly explain whats going on while the next one is cooking. The Bar on the left is that of the temperature gauge, the higher it is, the brighter the flame and thus more heat there is, next to that is that of the fuel source by throwing a log into these section the fire will consume One log the moment it starts to go down, thus keeping its Temperature. In the middle is that of the item being cooked and finally the 2x2 grid....... I don't really remember what that is for, but we will find out later. The meat (or what ever is being cooked at the time) goes through different stages of well cooking, it starts off cold going onto warming, hot and very hot. Meat cooks at this point and depending on how high the temp gauge is will change the cooking time...

Anyway, after cooking up a sizeable chunk of beef, damn stuff takes forever to cook, so no sitting and waiting for that to happen else it would take all day its time to turn this raw leather into armour, and we need a crafting bench for that. And for that we need to turn these logs into planks and then those planks into plankblocks (vanilla wooden blocks). Which in the end turns into the crafting bench as normal. To do all this we put a log under an axe in the crafting slots and Bam...
3 Planks..... But it costs 4 Planks to make a block, so we need a bit more. If you can't tell its quite expensive to make wooden blocks from logs in this style of game, meaning no easy housing. Well there is but I am not going to do it, makes the game a bit too easy. Anyway lets make us some leather armour...

Cue Crafting Montage... \\Plays 'Eye of the Tiger'\\

Well that was short... Didn't even get past the intro beats...

BUT WHAT IS THIS!!! ITS NIGHT TIME!!!
At least we have our armour... No wait, Damn 2 short for boots...
Well we do look spiffing in the gear. That's another day gone though, and not much to show for it except for a full belly and 3/4 of an armour set. Damn you time, why do you not wait for this man...

Eepp... WHAT WAS THAT NOISE!!! ...... To be Continued next update...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 06:14:15 pm »

Reeds quote is from Pharoah/Cleopatra.

Enjoying it so far!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:21:01 am »

Another day gone...

And to think, if I was playing Vanilla I would be rocking around with a Diamond gear or even Iron by now. Playing on Hardcore makes the night even more frighting let alone the fact that it takes a lot more work to be prepared...

I would love to get pics of me fighting the mobs but, yeah, you know, fighting for my life here...

Anyway. Gonna use this time of night to start moving away from this area. Chalk isn't a good source of stone type for stone weapons seeing as its so brittle, did I mention that, each stone type has a different durability. Clever huh...

Anyway, I decide to head Notch North, which is in case you didn't actually know, the Direction that the Sun Rises, Notch said that the North was spos to be where the sun rises from in Minecraft. North is water, so I hug the land, bashing at the grass for seeds. Three seconds after leaving my little camp on the beach and I am attacked by 3 Spiders, after taking them down 2 Zombies and a Creeper come over the hill from no where. I actually had to take that risky move of dropping to the bottom of the ocean to craft some more Spears to fight them, nearly started drowning too...

I successfully defeat/escape them and continue hugging the ocean. Soon I come across this little chap...

Now Pigs have been changed a little, like I said before all mobs drop more mats but Pigs have also been given the ability to drop Leather too. Seeing as I am needing it for more armour... DIE LITTLE PIGGY DIE!!!

Well 12 leather from 2 Pigs is around as much as 1 Bull gave me, so Cows still remain the best source. I also started hearing the sound of Bleating, now considering that there are no such thing as Shears at the moment...

Ah the sun starts to rise as I am forced to the water to escape the swarm of mobs. I was crossing a hill and there was like 4 Skeles and 6 Zeds waiting for me, WTF Game WTF!!!

Ah this day is very vantages...
That is Bismuth, it is one of the three starting metals that a player can easily find on the surface located in the Stone Pebbles scattered around the world. The other two are Zinc and Tin...

That and we have reached the rock type of Gabbro...

Also whats that in the distance... A Chasm???
Thats a good thing sometimes, that can give access to an open vein of ore if lucky. Lets go see...

Oh here is something interesting. See the grass here...
This is Mountain Terrain, nothing really grows on Mountain Terrain, no trees no crops its quite cleaver. You see Bioxx added in the fact of Soil Nutrient Values making soil types have different growth rates then others. Another thing to note is all that Spruce over there, sometimes you get a straight kind of Forest making things look interesting...

We also have.... CLAY!!!
Clay is needed to make a Mold for Smelting, its quite clever really. Knowing where this is will be of great advantage in the future...

Giving my computer a moment to shit itself as I put the view distance up to Extreme, I thought a good shot of the Mountains in the distance might be nice, as we will be exploring over that way later on...

Sadly it wasn't a chasm. It was just a way the rock formed...

Oh well continue exploring...

Well now, this is a handy thing to note. When your collecting stones from the ground and find some small nuggets in large quantities over an area, that actually pertains towards their being a Vein of it not far underground. At this local I found 5 Bismuth, so marking that for later...

Oh dear, night has fallen once again. I feel safer then before but I am in the open, at least there is no hills to hide the mobs this time. I will continue the next day later...

\\ NOTE \\
Until I reach the Early Metal Age, I will be doing it in day by day accounts, this is just easier to get through all the different things that can come around. After that I may be skipping a couple of days just to speed up gameplay a bit...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:38:27 am by Neyvn »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 12:36:13 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 10:38:58 am »

third image from bottom isn't working.

just has [/img] in the spoiler tab.
Fixed, thanks for that. Update after sleep... ^_^

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 10:34:36 pm »

Its night time again...
Sigh this is going to be a long night...

So I made myself a little tent with the wool I have been gathering. See see, there was reason...

In here I will be tidying up my Inventory and getting rid of a few things...

Cooking...
Making those boots...
Chopping up some Logs into Planks for future needs...
Making a Bow and Arrows

But other then that, an uneventful night so far...

Ah the Sun rises...
Time to pack up camp and move out to better things...

Gentlemen (and Ladies)...
We have found our new home...

Just going to let my computer shit itself again as it generates the rest of the world for me...
Change of plans, going over there, less chance of falling to my doom there...

Oh dear. Night fell in my travels. But I shall press onwards...

I dodge Mobs and Arrows and Exploding Creepers. I live... And then find this... WTF?!?!

As I climb down the mountain I am attacked by a Skele hiding ambush within a tree. We sparred and I came out victorious. After that I found the First of these special trees...
This is a Fruit tree, they only ripen during certain months of the game as told by TFCraft. Pressing N we get a calender of sorts...
As you can see its March, I think this is spos to be like Autumn or Early Spring, I don't know I think its based on American Seasons. *Aussie here by the way*

To get the saplings of these trees to regrow your own orchid, you need to take an axe to their Branches found attached to the trunk, NOT the leaves...
Those things...

My Health went down cause I was surprised by a Zed and a Creepers. The Creeper exploded a bit away and took the Zed with him as well as almost all the Pigs in the area. Luckily not the Fruit Tree. Turns out that this is a Peach Tree...

Regardless I survive this night,
But with it came a spoils of great fortune. Ancient Iron...

Now this in truth is just Vanilla Iron, in being so its got nothing to do with TFCraft, can not be obtained easily and only via that of Zed Drops, as such I will be treating it as RARE RARE RARE Loot, in this case treating it as if it is some unknown and powerful item of old. Naturally its due to the fact that any tool made with it is much more powerful then any other of the game, plus as you might have guessed unusable in any TFCraft recipe...

The other thing I have discovered is this...
This has got to be our new home, I mean its perfect. Time to go set up a Base Camp...

Dun dum Dum DUM!!!
We have our first stack of Small ORE!!!
AND There is clay nearby which makes smelting easier to get started (not having to travel far for the clay that is)!!!

Soon Gentlemen (and Ladies) we shall be entering that of the Early metal age...`

And then my game Crashed...
T_T

Well good enough place to stop for now, next time, setting up Base Camp and our First Pick...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:08:06 pm by Neyvn »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 11:03:40 pm »

That penultimate picture doesn't look like ore at all.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 11:06:24 pm »

That penultimate picture doesn't look like ore at all.
LOL Damn thing, must have been typing it when I hit the damn button...

Edit:: Fixed...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:08:20 pm by Neyvn »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 11:38:13 pm »

Posting to watch, not many screenshot minecraft LPs around.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »

Yeah My PC isn't good enough to do Vid LPs sadly, would take 2 days to upload it... T_T And thats one episode...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 01:01:35 am »

So yeah, I'm back, couldn't stay away to be honest...

I looped around the mountain that we had picked for our home and finally I find this nice little place to call Base Camp...

You prob can't see cause its night so let me set up and light up the area for ya...

Just to let you all know, by putting sticks into a Firepit you get Torches...

This Skele wanted to be a Nob and invade my Tent. I slapped him around with some Wool to make he die...
And there are Creepers outside being annoying. Time to refill my Arrow Stocks...

Natural, spend the night defending myself and the Sun comes up moments after getting the place lit up...
But here it is, my Base Camp...
Time to work at making our first Pick don't you think. But first things first, getting our inventory fixed up. Chest making time...

Now chests can be made the normalish way with Planks. They can also be made with any number of different styles of planks, not limited to only one kind. They also have a smaller content value for the single chest, don't know why the Double defaults to Vanilla style but I ain't going to complain...

It also started Raining. Damn... At least my Tent will keep me dry and stuff. Sometime in the future, I believe that weather will have a larger effect, right now it Irrigates crops a bit...

In this double chest we are keeping the stuff I won't be using yet, mostly Crops and such.

Heres the Raw Food...

And here is our Ores and Shit...

The spare chest is for other random stuff and Crafting...

Anyway, we need some lumber, so off to go cut down some trees. There was a Willow Tree outside, might go start with that...

Right, still need more...

Well I found out why my game is crashing. Damn thing is Glitching for some reason...
Aw well. Still cool to see underground sometimes...

I love Willows, lots of Leaves, Lots of Wood, Freakishly FAST respawn time...
They are the best for undergound living to be honest, so easy to get tons of Support Beams from them...

Anyway, I think this is enough...

Just gotta go get some Clay and then its smelting time...

Looks like some lightning hit that Tree over there...

Clay got...
With this clay we will make some molds, which of course we need to Bake. SO INTO THE FIRE!!!...

With the Firepits, you don't need to keep remaking them, you can throw some logs into the Fuel slot then hit it with the firestarter and Boom relit...

Now after these Molds have Baked they fall into the bottom slot, where they will remain, next we take 15 Small Ore and start cooking them, keeping the fire going so they smelt, the ore fall into the mold below and fill it up slowly. Each stage of the Ore is interesting, there are 5 levels of each stage, indicated by a *.
First is Warming

Then Hot

Then Very Hot which turns it into Liquid form to be caught in the Mold...
At this point you need to be fast, keep heating up Ore into the Mold to keep a Constant Temp or the Ore will Dissolve away. Yes, it does that...

This is taking a while, the Willow Logs are not all that great to use as Fuel in the Firepit. Lets make a Bellows to speed it up a bit, the Bellows raise the Temp of the fire slightly while Consuming the Fuel faster, its a good pro/con effect. It requires 6 Planks and 3 Leather. Which we have...

Then we place it while LOOKING at the Fire, this will put the Outlet part adjacent to the fire...

And then Hammer right click on it, which will pump air into the fire, making it hotter and boom slightly faster Smelting... T_T

Before and After hammering the Bellows... Note the different height of the temp gauge.
OMG IT WENT UP A BAR!!! Yes this is a thing to be excited about, Hotter heat = Faster Smelting...

Gehhhhh... ALMOST THERE!!!...

WOOT!!! \\Play celebration music\\

Now to make this an ingot. The way we do this is to make us a Hammer...

Find some Raw Stone...
And Smash it with a Hammer...

And with that we have a Stone Anvil. If my game would stop freaking out over something and seeing through things...
With this new Unshaped Ingot we need it Hot, but not liquid, Luckily when an item is outside of a Fire it starts to cool down, the moment I took it from the Fire it went from liquid to solid, gotta work fast to make it an Ingot...

As you can see there are some special orders to make it work, its a bit hard to explain right now as I am about to get ready for work and stuffing dinner down my gob. So I will explain it when we get to making the Pick next update, right now, I am gonna make me an Ingot...

BAM...

And that folks is were we are stopping for now, Next update, we strike the Earth...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:36:35 am by Neyvn »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 09:50:41 am »

Nice job so far. PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »

Nice job so far. PTW
ZOMG ITS THE CAPTAIN!!!! Can I say that is a very Fashionable Scarf your wearing...

Anyway...
Before the update I think I will be explaining the Anvil GUI like promised for those that don't understand it...

Now looking at this image you will noticed that there is a few different buttons, a few slots in the middle, a bar underneither and some other things...

We will start with the two slots on either side of the Bar.
The left slot is the Hammer Slot (duh), this Slot determines what kind of Hammer is going to be used for the work. Some Metals require different kinds of hammers to be used on them else they will not work. The Slot on the right is the Flux Slot, I don't think I need to explain what Flux is needed for to Bay12ers...

Next is the Bar.
The Bar has two arrows on it, a Red one and a Green one. Basicly you need to have the Green one directly under that of the Red to finish the task. Depending on the Task, the location of the two arrows are different and require different methods to get them connected, yeah this is some complicated shit here...

Moving up we have the slots in the middles.
The slot on the left can hold any Ingots be they unshaped or shaped and the right is where you place a Plan, these plans are made through another method and contain the blueprint of sorts for the tool head needed. Below that are the ability to MELD two Ingots together, I haven't done so yet so I don't really know the method...

Buttons to the left and right.
On the left are the way you move the green arrow, using one of these will move the arrow to the LEFT on the bar, each moving further down the bar then the last, the ones on the right naturally move the arrow to the RIGHT...

Rules...
Here are the main rules and the trickiest thing about metal working, for the task to be completed just moving the arrows together isn't enough, you need to complete these tasks, in the image the Bisumth bar needs to be hit 3 times as the last 3 hits for it to take its shape, meaning that if I hit Draw or any of the others it would stop working and need to redo it all until those last three actions are hits...

Note:: Metals will not be able to be shaped unless they are at a certain temp, if they cool down too much they will in fact stop being manipulated when using the actions, you would need to take it out and reheat it in a fire...

There, thats the explanation of the Anvil GUI, time to get to work with the next update...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 01:23:42 pm »

UPDATE::

So turns out that it actually took 14 Bismuth to make a bar, excellent. Less work needed. But lets go do what I was planning to do anyway to help those that don't fully understand it...

We are going to build some Sluices...

Right. So over here there was a small grouping of Small Bismuthinite, groupings of the Small ore are when you find a lot of them from the Pebbles in a small area naturally, they also can represent a shallow Vein not far under ground.
Now a Sluice is an interesting tools, they can extract both Gems and Ore from that of both Sand and Gravel over time as water passes over them, the kind of Ore that can be extracted from those kinds of mats are usually that of the Ores found within the Stone under them. Meaning that if you find a grouping of a certain metal and its near some water, you can build a small Sluice Factory that can help you gather that Ore...

Now the only problem with this site is that if I wanted to build a factory, I would need to dig into the stone. Nuts to that, we are going to go all Japanese on this area.... (Joke is that the Japs make more land to build on by filling in the Ocean... yeah bad joke I know)

After clearing a small area of its soil we are going to head down and start working on our sluice factory...

Gonna skip getting Screenys for the build process, but...

Before

After

Now the basic Sluice run is this, 7 Tiles from the water, two tile down one level and another tile another level down. This means that the water just reaches the Sluice when placed in the two tiles and the "Excess" pools at the bottom. Like so...

Now this is an Operational Sluice Run, but, MORE!!!

While I was knapping away at my 10th Shovel I remembered. I had picked up an Ancient Ingot, so I went and made myself an Iron Shovel with it...
And did it Dig through the Soil, those Ancient People made powerful Metal. Its so magical....

Anyway, Enough about thinking about the past. My Work is finished. It is a Masterpiece!!!

Next step is to gather some Gravel and throw some into each Sluice. Gravel has a higher chance of producing Ore from it you know...

Not far I find some Gravel. As far as I can tell, where you gather it from does not matter, perhaps it does. I really don't know to be honest...

Two Gravel in each...
That equals 40 units of Soil that is being shifted through and such. Its gonna take a while before we find anything though...

Our first find...
A chipped Jade, ah well at least we know that it works...

Next Update - We really will strike the Earth, I promise...