Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Lets Play :: Minecraft TFCraft - Hardcore

<< < (3/3)

Neyvn:
Yeah My PC isn't good enough to do Vid LPs sadly, would take 2 days to upload it... T_T And thats one episode...

Neyvn:
So yeah, I'm back, couldn't stay away to be honest...

I looped around the mountain that we had picked for our home and finally I find this nice little place to call Base Camp...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You prob can't see cause its night so let me set up and light up the area for ya...

Just to let you all know, by putting sticks into a Firepit you get Torches...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This Skele wanted to be a Nob and invade my Tent. I slapped him around with some Wool to make he die...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)And there are Creepers outside being annoying. Time to refill my Arrow Stocks...
Natural, spend the night defending myself and the Sun comes up moments after getting the place lit up...
But here it is, my Base Camp...
Time to work at making our first Pick don't you think. But first things first, getting our inventory fixed up. Chest making time...

Now chests can be made the normalish way with Planks. They can also be made with any number of different styles of planks, not limited to only one kind. They also have a smaller content value for the single chest, don't know why the Double defaults to Vanilla style but I ain't going to complain...
It also started Raining. Damn... At least my Tent will keep me dry and stuff. Sometime in the future, I believe that weather will have a larger effect, right now it Irrigates crops a bit...

In this double chest we are keeping the stuff I won't be using yet, mostly Crops and such.
Heres the Raw Food...
And here is our Ores and Shit...
The spare chest is for other random stuff and Crafting...

Anyway, we need some lumber, so off to go cut down some trees. There was a Willow Tree outside, might go start with that...

Right, still need more...

Well I found out why my game is crashing. Damn thing is Glitching for some reason...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Aw well. Still cool to see underground sometimes...

I love Willows, lots of Leaves, Lots of Wood, Freakishly FAST respawn time...
They are the best for undergound living to be honest, so easy to get tons of Support Beams from them...

Anyway, I think this is enough...
Just gotta go get some Clay and then its smelting time...

Looks like some lightning hit that Tree over there...
Clay got...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)With this clay we will make some molds, which of course we need to Bake. SO INTO THE FIRE!!!...

With the Firepits, you don't need to keep remaking them, you can throw some logs into the Fuel slot then hit it with the firestarter and Boom relit...

Now after these Molds have Baked they fall into the bottom slot, where they will remain, next we take 15 Small Ore and start cooking them, keeping the fire going so they smelt, the ore fall into the mold below and fill it up slowly. Each stage of the Ore is interesting, there are 5 levels of each stage, indicated by a *.
First is Warming
Then Hot
Then Very Hot which turns it into Liquid form to be caught in the Mold...
At this point you need to be fast, keep heating up Ore into the Mold to keep a Constant Temp or the Ore will Dissolve away. Yes, it does that...

This is taking a while, the Willow Logs are not all that great to use as Fuel in the Firepit. Lets make a Bellows to speed it up a bit, the Bellows raise the Temp of the fire slightly while Consuming the Fuel faster, its a good pro/con effect. It requires 6 Planks and 3 Leather. Which we have...
Then we place it while LOOKING at the Fire, this will put the Outlet part adjacent to the fire...
And then Hammer right click on it, which will pump air into the fire, making it hotter and boom slightly faster Smelting... T_T
Before and After hammering the Bellows... Note the different height of the temp gauge.

OMG IT WENT UP A BAR!!! Yes this is a thing to be excited about, Hotter heat = Faster Smelting...

Gehhhhh... ALMOST THERE!!!...
WOOT!!! \\Play celebration music\\
Now to make this an ingot. The way we do this is to make us a Hammer...

Find some Raw Stone...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)And Smash it with a Hammer...
And with that we have a Stone Anvil. If my game would stop freaking out over something and seeing through things...
With this new Unshaped Ingot we need it Hot, but not liquid, Luckily when an item is outside of a Fire it starts to cool down, the moment I took it from the Fire it went from liquid to solid, gotta work fast to make it an Ingot...
As you can see there are some special orders to make it work, its a bit hard to explain right now as I am about to get ready for work and stuffing dinner down my gob. So I will explain it when we get to making the Pick next update, right now, I am gonna make me an Ingot...

BAM...
And that folks is were we are stopping for now, Next update, we strike the Earth...

Scelly9:
Nice job so far. PTW

Neyvn:

--- Quote from: Scelly9 on October 05, 2012, 09:50:41 am ---Nice job so far. PTW

--- End quote ---
ZOMG ITS THE CAPTAIN!!!! Can I say that is a very Fashionable Scarf your wearing...

Anyway...
Before the update I think I will be explaining the Anvil GUI like promised for those that don't understand it...

Now looking at this image you will noticed that there is a few different buttons, a few slots in the middle, a bar underneither and some other things...

We will start with the two slots on either side of the Bar.
The left slot is the Hammer Slot (duh), this Slot determines what kind of Hammer is going to be used for the work. Some Metals require different kinds of hammers to be used on them else they will not work. The Slot on the right is the Flux Slot, I don't think I need to explain what Flux is needed for to Bay12ers...

Next is the Bar.
The Bar has two arrows on it, a Red one and a Green one. Basicly you need to have the Green one directly under that of the Red to finish the task. Depending on the Task, the location of the two arrows are different and require different methods to get them connected, yeah this is some complicated shit here...

Moving up we have the slots in the middles.
The slot on the left can hold any Ingots be they unshaped or shaped and the right is where you place a Plan, these plans are made through another method and contain the blueprint of sorts for the tool head needed. Below that are the ability to MELD two Ingots together, I haven't done so yet so I don't really know the method...

Buttons to the left and right.
On the left are the way you move the green arrow, using one of these will move the arrow to the LEFT on the bar, each moving further down the bar then the last, the ones on the right naturally move the arrow to the RIGHT...

Rules...
Here are the main rules and the trickiest thing about metal working, for the task to be completed just moving the arrows together isn't enough, you need to complete these tasks, in the image the Bisumth bar needs to be hit 3 times as the last 3 hits for it to take its shape, meaning that if I hit Draw or any of the others it would stop working and need to redo it all until those last three actions are hits...

Note:: Metals will not be able to be shaped unless they are at a certain temp, if they cool down too much they will in fact stop being manipulated when using the actions, you would need to take it out and reheat it in a fire...

There, thats the explanation of the Anvil GUI, time to get to work with the next update...

Neyvn:
UPDATE::

So turns out that it actually took 14 Bismuth to make a bar, excellent. Less work needed. But lets go do what I was planning to do anyway to help those that don't fully understand it...

We are going to build some Sluices...
Right. So over here there was a small grouping of Small Bismuthinite, groupings of the Small ore are when you find a lot of them from the Pebbles in a small area naturally, they also can represent a shallow Vein not far under ground.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Now a Sluice is an interesting tools, they can extract both Gems and Ore from that of both Sand and Gravel over time as water passes over them, the kind of Ore that can be extracted from those kinds of mats are usually that of the Ores found within the Stone under them. Meaning that if you find a grouping of a certain metal and its near some water, you can build a small Sluice Factory that can help you gather that Ore...

Now the only problem with this site is that if I wanted to build a factory, I would need to dig into the stone. Nuts to that, we are going to go all Japanese on this area.... (Joke is that the Japs make more land to build on by filling in the Ocean... yeah bad joke I know)

After clearing a small area of its soil we are going to head down and start working on our sluice factory...
Gonna skip getting Screenys for the build process, but...

Before
After
Now the basic Sluice run is this, 7 Tiles from the water, two tile down one level and another tile another level down. This means that the water just reaches the Sluice when placed in the two tiles and the "Excess" pools at the bottom. Like so...

Now this is an Operational Sluice Run, but, MORE!!!

While I was knapping away at my 10th Shovel I remembered. I had picked up an Ancient Ingot, so I went and made myself an Iron Shovel with it...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)And did it Dig through the Soil, those Ancient People made powerful Metal. Its so magical....

Anyway, Enough about thinking about the past. My Work is finished. It is a Masterpiece!!!
Next step is to gather some Gravel and throw some into each Sluice. Gravel has a higher chance of producing Ore from it you know...

Not far I find some Gravel. As far as I can tell, where you gather it from does not matter, perhaps it does. I really don't know to be honest...
Two Gravel in each...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)That equals 40 units of Soil that is being shifted through and such. Its gonna take a while before we find anything though...

Our first find...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)A chipped Jade, ah well at least we know that it works...

Next Update - We really will strike the Earth, I promise...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version