Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 72677 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #465 on: December 10, 2012, 11:36:15 pm »

Current vote count:

Flandre [2]: lynx_, Shakerag
lynx_ [1]: Flandre
Shakerag:

Not voting: Shakerag

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

2 votes needed to extend the day
2 votes needed to shorten the day

Day 4 will end Monday, December 10th at 9:00 PM PST. LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR.  :o
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - Town Victory
« Reply #466 on: December 11, 2012, 12:05:17 am »

Shakerag and lynx_ both stood before Flandre. “No! It’s not me I swear it’s lynx_! I swear to all the divines!” His pleas fell upon deaf ears as the remaining townspeople tied him up to a chair. They looked at each other. “Maybe… Maybe we should just wait for morning? They seem to show their true colors at night…” Neither wanted to say it outright but they still suspected the other of being a zombie.
They slowly came to an agreement as night came closer. “LET ME GO! I AIN’T A ZOMBIE I TELL YA! I’D BE CAUGHT DEAD BEFORE I BECAME ONE OF THEM FREAKS!” Flandre pleaded as the sun finally started to set. Suddenly his body began to convulse. Smooth skin turned rotten in a matter of minutes as his voice distorted “THEY WERE DELICIOUS! KILLING ME WON’T BRING BACK YOU FOOLISH FRIENDS! FORD! NOW!” shouted Flandre as the previously prone body of Captain Ford leapt at the remaining survivors. Thankfully Flandre’s shout for help had alerted the townies to Ford’s re-reanimation. Both whipped around and knocked the desecrated body of Ford to the ground, buying them enough time to blow Ford's body apart.
“NO! NO! WE WERE SO CLOSE! WE WERE SO CLOSE! WE WERE S-“ Flandre’s head exploded, cursing whatever foul breath he drew to be still forevermore.
It was finally over. The threat of zombification was no longer a concern. Shakerag and lynx_ both looked around at the bodies of their friends. Their only thought was of mourning their loss.
The next day a somber lynx_ and Shakerag buried the bodies of those infected with the virus with the exception of Ford and Flandre. They burned both of them upon a hastily constructed pyre.
With great personal loss however came a silver lining. Shakerag and lynx_ had prevented an apocalypse that could have brought the world to its knees.

Flandre has been lynched. He was a zombie!
The town has won!

Flavor written by Nerjin.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY
« Reply #467 on: December 11, 2012, 12:08:18 am »

Deadchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/wTHWW5EW74hP5
Scumchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/KWsgqJWNasvq

Anyways, apart from the major fuck up I thought everything went ok. I didn't plan out the flavor very well. Then I got too lazy and busy to write it. Also there was a time which I thought day ended, but it actually didn't because I stayed up too late. I don't think anyone noticed that though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - Town Victory
« Reply #468 on: December 11, 2012, 12:30:16 am »

Flandre has been lynched. She was a zombie!
The town has won!
FTFY :P

Day end...was O_o Where'd the people go?

Anyway, town win! Woohoo!

Re-reading, scumchat. Post# 137~

* Tiruin tears up at the wonderful chat.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:05:12 am by Tiruin »

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 11, 2012, 12:53:01 am »

Town Victory!! Congratulations to the townies, both dead and alive, to bring that about. It's pretty rare to see town win in a BM, and you did a good job!

Special kudos to Shakerag and lynx_ for seeing through Flandre's lies at the last minute, to Nerjin for some fun flavour ideas, and to Captain Ford for carrying the flag and trying to win for the scum to the very last minute!

Thanks to Zombie Urist for a fun game, and for giving spectators some popcorn to throw at the noobs from the peanut gallery. That was a lot of fun.

Some general thoughts about this and future games:
  • Dudes: be active! In my experience, the most fun games are active games, the least fun games are lurky games. Please, if you plan to play in future games, make every effort to be active! We don't care about your skill or manners or looks or anything else. As long as you play fair, all we ask is that you post!
  • There should be a conversation about limiting extensions on BMs. Yes, limiting BM games is unwieldy and may unsettle new players, but on the other hand games going on for two months is not ideal either. Some middle ground should be found.
  • In my opinion, Scum ICs should post more often on the main thread. Give non-scum players a peek of how things look like from the scum point of view, obviously without actual scumhunting or aiding your team. It would be useful, and would make posts like that horrible, horrible last minute extension attempt by Imiknorris less jarring and give it a context.
  • Popcorn is fun! and tasty! For the future, I submit that for anyone thinking or saying the word "spoilspec", the right answer is "deadchat". That was a lot of fun, and just the right amount of popcorn. Thanks Tiruin and Phantom to think of it, and Zombie to go along with it. In addition, I think perhaps the Scum IC should be given access to it as well (he knows everything else, and can help keep the conversation going or advise the new players as they die), but that's all up for debate and the mod's final decision of course.

Again, congratulations to town for a deserved victory. Good show all, and please keep activity as a priority in your future games.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 11, 2012, 01:48:33 am »

Huzzah!

Post-game breakdown tomorrow.  Feel free to toss questions out there in the meantime.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 11, 2012, 02:25:37 am »

Congratulations, town. Good job.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lynx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 11, 2012, 06:16:44 am »

Hooray! Thanks ZU for the game, and ICs for the advice.
Sorry for being quiet at the start there, my replacing in just happened to coincide with a super busy time in terms of work!

Also Flandre, why'd you kill Jim N2?
He probably would've voted with you and had already expressed suspicion at me,
Shakerag on the other hand didn't have too many solid views beyond Jim being scum and was as close as you can get to confirmed town without investigative roles.

If there's one thing I've learned by playing as scum it's almost never worth it to go for the winey kill at LYLO. While it'll give you an argument (obviously lynx wanted Jim dead because he was suspicious!), you're much better off keeping those likely to vote with you around and if someone calls you on it, bury them under a mountain of WIFOM!

edit: I may have been a decent kill target actually. Shakerag was assured of Jim being scum right until the flip. Then again, he may have seen through that particular strategy.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:18:37 am by lynx_ »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]