Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: M E I N K A M P F : A Tale of Vainglourious Basterds - [GAME OVER: 5/11]  (Read 65876 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Mein Kampf: A Tale of Vainglourious Basterds
“Life does not forgive weakness.”Adolf Hitler (17/02/1945)

You are a spy. The year is 1942.

The war rages on faster and harder than ever. The people are weary from constant fighting and broken from the frequent air raids. The Allied front has suffered from millions of casualties. Soon, it seems, the Axis will break through and win for good.

You, one of the elite agents in your nation's secret service, are one of the key players in the Allied resistance against the ruthless Nazis. Tonight, you have been deployed on a covert mission of the utmost importance. Tonight, you may be the one to decide the outcome of this war.

It is to be done with little fanfare, no overt recognition; the lights shall remain off and the windows shuttered, and you shall leave quietly ere dawn. Before your departure, your fellow colleagues gather around you to celebrate this momentous occasion. They wish you heartfelt goodbyes, and though the atmosphere is one of staid appreciation – even happiness – a shadow hangs over you all as you dread- nay, you know that this departure shall not be reconciled with a merry return. The congratulations are many, and the condolences are equally so.

The briefing is quick and tense, but thorough. Though pressed for time, nobody dares risk a confusion that could cost millions of lives. You grab your pack, and take down your rifle from the rack. You put on your cap and gloves, grab a map, and prepare to step out into the cold night...

Introduction

Welcome to Mein Kampf: A Tale of Vainglourious Basterds, where the scum take the spotlight! This Mafia game aims to be novel, challenging, interesting, intellectually stimulating and, of course, delightfully, mischievously, uproariously fun. Though its mechanics are designed to be well-defined and coherent, this is not a vanilla game – in fact, I'd deem this setup to be quite experimental, so bear with me when you play. For any new players, I recommend you to have played at least a few games and read a few more. I highly suggest you stay active throughout the game! This is designed to be demanding and fast-paced.

I believe my pre-prepared flavour for this game is my best yet - it is, certainly, my longest yet. This has been on the backburner for the past year, morphing in and out of various forms. However, it is a bit verbose compared to most games. I apologise in advance to anyone who feels that my writing style is over-the-top, amateurish or dull to read; I agree with you fully on all counts, but you will, sadly, be given a lot of it.

As a player, you must keep your wits about you, your friends close by and your enemies even closer. Trust only your dearest friends, or nobody at all if possible, for you never know who may be a traitor in the camp, who the next target will be, and who will be the one to thrust their blade through the soft folds of skin and cloth on your exposed back...

Game Rules

Standard rules:
  • All votes must be in red. Unvoting before voting again is not required, but appreciated. You may vote for No Lynch. You cannot conditional vote. The game is hammerless.

• Days and Nights both span 48 hours.  Neither time span includes weekends. Nights may end earlier if all actions are in before the deadline. Days and nights end at 8PM GMT unless otherwise specified.

• Never edit your posts for any reason, including typos.

• Do not PM other players unless explicitly allowed.  Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.

• Never quote any PM from the mod or any communication with them unless you are explicitly allowed to do so.  You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly. Rulebreakers can and will be modkilled with prejudice.

• Any requests, questions or addressals made to the moderator that are not in bold will be ignored.

• You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold. Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and requires at least three players. Extends are for 24 hours.  Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as it can be processed.

• Dead players may post one “bah post” to comment on their death, but it may not contain any relevant game information.  After that, please do not post.

• Please make an effort to post at least once daily.  If you do not post for 30 hours, you will be prodded.  If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced and/or modkilled. This is slightly stricter than the normal lurking rule, but I'd like people to enjoy the game and not complain about lurkers.

• I, the moderator, will not lie to you.

• Never underestimate your importance, try to be respectfulto the other players and to the moderator, and always play to win!

Game specific rules – read these two if you won't read them all!
  • On a no-lynch, no-vote or tie, the Nazis will choose a person to kill randomly.

• Each Day may last a maximum of 72 hours before the Nazis lose patience and force the day to end. No exceptions.

Attendance Sheet

Green-coloured names are wins.

Living Players:
  • Toaster - Hilbert Hofmann, Spy
  • Dariush - Wenzel Christian Freund, Spy
  • Powder Miner Urist Imiknorris - Eckehard Baumhauer, Spy
  • Hapah - Leo Leopold Schultze, Spy
  • Shakerag - Arndt Reiner Sachs, Spy

Dead Players:
  • blackmagechill - Dietrich Waldemar Schmidt, Spy
  • TolyK - Vester Meine Schneider, Spy
  • Deathsword - Ferdinand Meier, Spy
  • Tiruin - Friedrich Gerig, Spy
  • Jim Groovester zombie urist - Karl Dunst, Soviet Mastermind
  • IronyOwl - Anton Wechsler, Soviet Executioner
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:11:58 pm by lordnincompoop »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

LNCP game from fucking nowhere.

In.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In. THREE GAMES WHY NOT
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

In. THREE GAMES WHY NOT
What he said!

In!

Questions:
>8pm GMT...meaning +0?
>Is this some sort of bastard game (despite the title  :P)
>Is the moderator voteable?
>Can we know ahead of time how many factions are in-game?
>Is Russia included?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:52:51 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

In. THREE GAMES WHY NOT

Couldn't have said it better myself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

I hope all you game-jugglers have enough time to stay active, or you'll receive a personal ass-stomping from me.

>8pm GMT...meaning +0?

Yes.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Inininininin

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Is it just me, or has this forum really started to die down?

We'll need 6 more people. I'd contact Pandar, since he expressed interest when I first laid out this idea, but he seems too busy with his midterms to be here.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

I just can't handle 3 games in one go. Does seem quiet today, though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People simply don't think anything except BYORs and Meph's stuff is worth their time anymore. :(

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Replacement queue for now.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

People simply don't think anything except BYORs and Meph's stuff is worth their time anymore. :(

I'd be interested to know where everyone who was around for WC I and II went.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be interested to know where everyone who was around for WC I and II went.
I am here. The mortals don't matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Interested, but unsure about joining two games at once. Yes, I'm aware that the trigamers are laughing at me. :I
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Interested, but unsure about joining two games at once. Yes, I'm aware that the trigamers are laughing at me. :I
I'm actually laughing at myself for joining in three games, but they will start slooowly given this rate. Please IN IronyOwl, please IN IronyOwl...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37